+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giants: Bjoern Werner Being Projected As Potential First Round Target

http://www.giants101.com/2013/03/25/...013-nfl-draft/

Excerpt: "Ever since the New York Giants were eliminated from playoff contention in Week 17, everyone has been getting their wish lists for 2013 prepared – especially for the NFL Draft, which will take place in about a month in New York City at Radio City Music Hall.

Giants fans have had three months to pick what position the Giants and general manager Jerry Reese need to address. Most will tell you offensive line, linebacker and cornerback; which were weaknesses in 2012. However, according to a couple of the latest mock drafts, none of those three positions are being addressed by the Giants.
    A lot of mock drafts are having the Giants replenishing the defensive line and their pass rush at No. 19. And several pick experts are going with is Bjoern Werner, defensive end from Florida State.

With the expected departure of Osi Umenyiora to the Atlanta Falcons, andJustin Tuck in a make-or-break season in 2013, it honestly would not be that shocking if the Giants decided to skip obvious team needs and drafted the best available player when their turn comes.

Reese did it in 2010 when he took Jason Pierre -aul, a move many fans criticized because the team already had Osi and Tuck. And you can even say he did it again in 2012 when he drafted David Wilson when the team already had Ahmad Bradshaw on the roster.

Werner is a 6'3", 275-pound lineman who has a great first step and has good anticipation skills as far as finding the football and chasing down plays. While at Florida State, some felt that Werner might take a play off on occasion, and even some said he might not be engaged on the field if the play is away from him." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

if they get him, I will name my next child Bjoern..

He would be a steal at 19. He was a top 5 pick until the combine. People forget about how he played on the field and just focus on a 40 time.

5trive for Fiv5

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    He would be a steal at 19. He was a top 5 pick until the combine. People forget about how he played on the field and just focus on a 40 time.
    Seriously, I don't get why he tanked so much on combine performance alone...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Seriously, I don't get why he tanked so much on combine performance alone...
    Happens every year. They see a DE run faster and think he is better and that it will translate on the field. Sometimes it does, but most the time it doesnt. Remember Dontari Poe? Stephen Hill? Big combines but havent looked the part so far.

5trive for Fiv5

He has been ranked in the top 10 in most offseason mocks. And if he is there at 19, I'm just fine with that. He can rotate in and get his feet wet this year. Maybe he slides into Tuck's spot in 2014 if Tuck underperforms and/or wants too much money and is not re-signed next season.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

This is my biggest hopeful.. I'd be estatic if he landed with us at pick 19.. Dudes a beast... Its funny 2, because his stock dropped at combine, but from what i heard, he tore up his proday..lol So, shoulden't his stock be up again? Either way, i hope hes there at picdk 19..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    This is my biggest hopeful.. I'd be estatic if he landed with us at pick 19.. Dudes a beast... Its funny 2, because his stock dropped at combine, but from what i heard, he tore up his proday..lol So, shoulden't his stock be up again? Either way, i hope hes there at picdk 19..
    I guess I'm too lazy to look it up, but what numbers at the Combine were not up to snuff with the analysts/mock drafters?

Florida St did have their proday last week, correct? Did he improve on those numbers?
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Werner is really starting to grow on me, relentless motor to the QB, and half the times he was being double teamed by the Tackle and Guard or chip blocked. Alot of passed batted down too, him and JPP would be an awesome tandem.. Again, reminds me of ryan kerrigan. of Washington

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    Werner is really starting to grow on me, relentless motor to the QB, and half the times he was being double teamed by the Tackle and Guard or chip blocked. Alot of passed batted down too, him and JPP would be an awesome tandem.. Again, reminds me of ryan kerrigan. of Washington
    Werner and JPP on opposite ends would be the filthiest duo of DE's in the NFL. 2 non stop motors. I would be absolutely ecstatic if Werner somehow drops to 19.