+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ratings for CBs in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, theres a ton of good CB's in this yrs draft.. Jamar Taylor is a cool dude as well.. I read a interview he did, and liked what he was saying.. Hes a physical corner with plenty of speed that he showed at the combine, and has great size at 5ft 11in 192lbs, and he really mixes it up in the run game, as shows with his 51tackles, 3.5TFL, 2.5Sacks.. Also, he added 9PD and 4picks.. This kid can flat out ball..
    And I would be shocked if the Giants did not draft a CB somewhere in this upcoming draft. Webster is going into a contract year and Ross was only signed to a 1yr deal. I don't see Hosley starting on the outside at CB opposite of Prince. Hosely seems to be more suited as a nickel CB.

And if the Giants were to draft a top tier CB in the 1st or 2nd rd, that player wouldnt necessarily have to be rushed into starting duty. They could get some pt this season, get acclaimated to the NFL speed and schemes etc.
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    And I would be shocked if the Giants did not draft a CB somewhere in this upcoming draft. Webster is going into a contract year and Ross was only signed to a 1yr deal. I don't see Hosley starting on the outside at CB opposite of Prince. Hosely seems to be more suited as a nickel CB.

And if the Giants were to draft a top tier CB in the 1st or 2nd rd, that player wouldnt necessarily have to be rushed into starting duty. They could get some pt this season, get acclaimated to the NFL speed and schemes etc.
    agreed.. Theres just way to much CB talent and as u said, our situation is perfect for CB to be drafted, because we have 1yr guys and guys at end of the road, so a CB to be prepared to be future outside with Prince while not being rushed into situation seems likely..

Not to mention, we know how quickly CB depth can be decimated, better then most teams...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    When i first started noticing and talking about Darius Slay and Jamar Taylor, they were like 4th-6th rd prospects, and i wrote on these very boards, that , that was ridiculous and they are huge sleepers, and over time, they both moved up to 2nd rd status and tore up combine.. My point is that stick to ur guns and who u like.. Its exactly why when draft comes around, its never what rankings suggest, and u see so many surprises, because NFL teams aren't making the big boards and prospect rankings aroudn the web, its people with opinions, like u and I.. I see what i see, and don't care about rankings..
    great post here.
    Most of these analyst whether publicized professionals or just social media recognized all start off the same way, watching the tape, knowing what makes the player and if they will have a early smooth or late challenging transition into the league. Rankings change everyday, some players you might like fall or rise; it is the nature of the beast. Pro-days / combines only tell some of the story you have to watch the tape.

Jamar Taylor to me was never a 4-5th round guy I've always saw him as a early day two kid. i think with his pro day he might have made enough of an argument to say he can be a late day 1 guy. I posted in another thread that there are 3-4 CB's that are 1st round talents, 3 of them going before 21 Taylor was one of those four guys.
    Strong for press man 22 reps at the bench
    fast for slot or outside 4.39
    can blitz from the outside / not afraid to get in there and mix it up in the box
    squares up his opposition and tackles well, I rarely see his lung blindly
    feisty with his man causes fumbles or at least mostly tries to strip the ball away before the tackle, ( this can also be viewed as a liability thing at the next level, Most pro WR are strong enough and balanced to stay up right after these attempts. )
    good ball carrier recognition, anticipates well and doesn't get behind himself
    will get flagged a bit for his phsyical play at times, .

Too much to like about this kid. I would be pleased If the giants came out with two DB's this draft too much talent in the late rounds at this position this year.

edit: Jerrel Gavin is taylors teammate is another guy to look out for as mid 3rd-4th pick. he was overshadowed by Taylors play last year but is a gifted corner.
    Last edited by NYGdraftMIND; 03-25-2013 at 03:39 PM.

What about D.J. Hayden?

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel_1 View Post
    What about D.J. Hayden?
    http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?29340-Surprised

+ Reply to Thread