+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If on the board when we pick, who would you select and why?

Starter

If on the board when we pick, who would you select and why?

If on the board when we pick, who would you select and why?

I feel that we need a starting caliber RT. Therefore, I believe we should/will select a T in either round 1 or 2.

The fact that we resigned Boothe to a 1 year contract means one of two things: 1) Mosley gets another year to be groomed for the psn, if the Giants believe he is the best player in the future for the position? 2) Or if they feel G is BPA, a versatile stud mauler type Guard to be groomed for future.

If on the board when we pick, I select either (Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma, BPA Chance Warmack, G, Alabama, and BPA Jonathan Cooper, G/C, North Carolina). If they are already off the board, then I go defensive player in round 1 (My choice if available is: Bjoern Werner*, DE, Florida State).

Round 1 (Hopefully somebody slips down to 19!)
    Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
    Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
    Jonathan Cooper, G/C, North Carolina
    Xavier Rhodes*, CB, Florida State
    Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
    Bjoern Werner*, DE, Florida State
    Damontre Moore*, DE/OLB, Texas A&M
    Sharrif Floyd*, DT, Florida
    Sheldon Richardson*, DT, Missouri
    Johnathan Hankins*, DT, Ohio State
    Jonathan Jenkins, DT, Georgia

Round 2: D.J. Fluker*, OT/G, Alabama or Menelik Watson*, OT, Florida State, Khaseem Greene, OLB/S, Rutgers, or Matt Elam*, S, Florida

Round 2
    Barrett Jones, C/G/T, Alabama
    D.J. Fluker*, OT/G, Alabama
    Menelik Watson*, OT, Florida State
    Larry Warford, G, Kentucky
    Khaseem Greene, OLB/S, Rutgers
    Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
    Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
    Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
    Matt Elam*, S, Florida
    Bennie Logan*, DT, LSU
    Kawann Short, DT, Purdue

I select any defensive player in round 3

Round 3
    Kyle Long, OT/G, Oregon
    Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State
    Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut
    David Amerson*, CB, N.C. State
    Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State
    Logan Ryan*, CB, Rutgers
    Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia
    Tank Carradine, DE, Florida State
    Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
    Last edited by paulj; 03-25-2013 at 05:04 PM. Reason: smiley face in error

the 1st pick is going to D regardless. DT/DE/CB/LB. not gonna take a guard in the 1st round, jerry places too much value on D. if one of joeckel or fisher drops then I can see the pick being an OT, but the chances of that are nill. if they could grab rhodes, greene, and carradine that would be outstanding.

At this point Carradine is more likely to go in the 1st than in the 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    At this point Carradine is more likely to go in the 1st than in the 3rd.
    with the acl tear I am guessing more likely the 2nd.

The bottom line is if Bjorn Werner is on the board, hes my choice.. The only one i'd take over him is Ansah, who i think is clearly gone by 19..

I remember a lot of people being down on the position we are drafting this year, thinking the best option is to trade back. But I love where we are. There are a lot of really solid 1st round prospects and we just need to wait and see which one drops to us, which happens every year.

Amukamura wasn't on anybody's draft prospects on these boards because he was clearly going to be gone by our pick. The same will happen this year. One of those top 15 prospects will be their for us to pick, we just need to wait for the chaos to begin and let Reese work his magic(patience lol).

Personally I like the top CB prospects this year. Any of them would make a strong addition to big blue. I haven't had the time to get into enough to put a place value on people like I have other years (can be a pain trying to find time/good film when from Australia). But I've looked at quite a few of the first rounders and it looks like Reese's hardest decision will be, "which of these guys that was supposed to be off the board by now do I pick"?

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    with the acl tear I am guessing more likely the 2nd.
    I think someone will take a chance on him 1st round. Rumors are that his acl tear was a minor 1 as far as they go.

Ever since the combine weigh in there has been a serious buzz about Tank Carradine simply because of his incredible physique. He confirmed the suspected strength(not that you cant see his power on film) at his pro day when he benched 225 a whopping 32 times. That is very good, but when you factor in the fact that he has near 35 inch arm length, it is down right insane.

For all the same reasons that Ziggy Ansah had has a meteroric rise in his stock this offseason, Carradine will as well. The difference is when Tank was on the field prior to his injury, he was a better and more polished football player than Ziggy. But both have an incredible upside.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I think someone will take a chance on him 1st round. Rumors are that his acl tear was a minor 1 as far as they go.

Ever since the combine weigh in there has been a serious buzz about Tank Carradine simply because of his incredible physique. He confirmed the suspected strength(not that you cant see his power on film) at his pro day when he benched 225 a whopping 32 times. That is very good, but when you factor in the fact that he has near 35 inch arm length, it is down right insane.

For all the same reasons that Ziggy Ansah had has a meteroric rise in his stock this offseason, Carradine will as well. The difference is when Tank was on the field prior to his injury, he was a better and more polished football player than Ziggy. But both have an incredible upside.
    could be true santa but how many players of recently have followed up an acl tear with a second acl tear? that's my issue with it I guess being the 1st round. he is a stud though.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    The bottom line is if Bjorn Werner is on the board, hes my choice.. The only one i'd take over him is Ansah, who i think is clearly gone by 19..
    not sold on ansah,,although he compares to JPP he is not what JPP was coming out of college.

If I could pick 1 guy for each round it would be:

1st- Warmack
    2nd- Greene
    3rd- Jesse Williams

+ Reply to Thread