+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Starter
    Note: You didn't provide any LB options...Think you missed the boat with that!

That is because it is written in the NFL rule book, "the Giants shall not ever draft a LB in round 1".
    Last edited by paulj; 03-26-2013 at 02:01 PM.

When you put it like this with all these players being available it makes it tough... but I'd take (1st) Ziggy Ansah, (2nd) Jonathan Banks, (3rd) Jesse Williams....how's that for a defensive overhaul.

Why?

Ansah:
    The departure of Osi and the decline of Tuck. Ansah has a high ceiling, can set the edge and rush the passer. Having him paired with JPP the Giants exterior pass rush would be set for the future.

Banks: because he's a 1st round talent with too much value to pass on. Long, scrappy and physical corner who can return punts and kicks and be CWeb's successor.

Williams: He's athletic and a load at the DT position. 6'4 323 and runs a 4.8. Him and Joseph in the middle wouldn't be fair. Getting him in the third round is very unrealistic but if he's on the board it's a no brainer.

A lot of the names you listed made the decision tough but ultimately I think the guys I chose were the best value and filled a need as well. Hated passing on Johnson and Chance but it was necessary.

^^ Jesse Williams would be a dream in the 3rd..

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    ^^ Jesse Williams would be a dream in the 3rd..
    These kind of threads are fun because they allow us to do just that.... (dream).