+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chance Warmack on Giants radar?

No offense but if Warmack and Cooper are both there and we take Cooper... well, I would say someone needs to be fired immediately but I know that won't happen.
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 03-26-2013 at 05:38 PM.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

Warmack is the guy I want most. He's the guy that will make the most impact IMO. The Giants could become dominant in the run game again and the fact they already invested in Wilson last year, signed their left tackle of the future and now Warmack, gives the Giants a strong foundation to the running game and becoming a more balanced team.

I'm really not expecting him to make it to 19 though but it's really going to sting if he gets close and maybe even ends up on the Cowboys.

It's always a precarious situation to invest in an interior lineman that high, but getting the Muffintop would be an exception, especially since he wouldn't have to start right away. He could work on his pass protection more.

im not too crazy about drafting a guy at 19 thats pretty much guaranteed to sit the bench until next year...

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    im not too crazy about drafting a guy at 19 thats pretty much guaranteed to sit the bench until next year...
    You mean like our last 2 first round picks? haha

I don't think he would be guaranteed to sit the bench either. If he came in and was better than who we have (which he is) I don't think we would leave him on the bench for the fun of it.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

I don't think first rounders need to start immediately to live up to their ranking. If Giants are in a position where they don't have to start them, then that's a pretty good luxury to have.

The only guy to ever get the starting position on day 1 of his rookie year under our current head coach played the guard position too. It helps that he married the caoches daughter tho.

Greg Jones did too. But that was more of inheriting the role by default rather than actually getting the position.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Greg Jones did too. But that was more of inheriting the role by default rather than actually getting the position.
    Completely different.

Jones got it because of several injuries to the guys ahead of him. He also didnt keep it.

Snee had it by earning it and he never let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    I don't think first rounders need to start immediately to live up to their ranking. If Giants are in a position where they don't have to start them, then that's a pretty good luxury to have.
    I understand this....Yea its a awesome luxury to have when your not in the situation were in....
    I dont care who we signed in FA so far, as far as im concerned, we have 1 decent starting DT & who knows what jenkins will bring....
    Jaquan Williams is our best LB & thats a problem...Prince as of this exact moment is our only quality CB,hosley we have no clue what were getting & Websters best days are behind him......We have average Rolle as our best safety.....And we have 1 & a half legit DE's with JPP and Tuck.....

Now i find it hard to believe we value Guards that much that were going to stash a top 20 pick away until next season when we arguably have a CB spot,LB spot, and DE & DT rotation all up for grabs......Nicks,JPP,Prince,Wilson,KP all saw the field as rookies...

+ Reply to Thread