+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chance Warmack on Giants radar?

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    It's always a precarious situation to invest in an interior lineman that high, but getting the Muffintop would be an exception, especially since he wouldn't have to start right away. He could work on his pass protection more.
    Not really, interior lineman are the easiest position to project.what you see is what you get. Less prone to busts...

Quote Originally Posted by PRGiant View Post
    Not really, interior lineman are the easiest position to project.what you see is what you get. Less prone to busts...
    I'm talking about the positional value of a guard, taking into account the other team's needs.

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    I understand this....Yea its a awesome luxury to have when your not in the situation were in....
    I dont care who we signed in FA so far, as far as im concerned, we have 1 decent starting DT & who knows what jenkins will bring....
    Jaquan Williams is our best LB & thats a problem...Prince as of this exact moment is our only quality CB,hosley we have no clue what were getting & Websters best days are behind him......We have average Rolle as our best safety.....And we have 1 & a half legit DE's with JPP and Tuck.....

Now i find it hard to believe we value Guards that much that were going to stash a top 20 pick away until next season when we arguably have a CB spot,LB spot, and DE & DT rotation all up for grabs......Nicks,JPP,Prince,Wilson,KP all saw the field as rookies...
    First and foremost, I want defense for our first and probably second rounder too. However, I'm not going to go about it blindly based purely on position. That's when teams begin reaching. If the front office believes they have what can be a top 5 guard vs. a marginal LB or DT, then that tends to outweigh positional value.

And of those first rounders mentioned, most of which struggled as expected in their first years. The only one that I can think of that changed the nature of the offense or defense in their rookie year was Nicks.

+ Reply to Thread