+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IF one of these OTs is on board at pick 15/16, how much is it to trade up from 19?

lol, I can't edit for the life of me
    my beer drinking team has a football problem

Quote Originally Posted by poppa smurph View Post
    if this draft is as deep in talent at O-line as some folks have been saying, I'm not sure it makes sense to trade up in the 1st.
    There are 4 elite lineman Joekel,Fisher, Warmack, Cooper
    Then Lane Johnson I would put in a tier by himself

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    There are 4 elite lineman Joekel,Fisher, Warmack, Cooper Then Lane Johnson I would put in a tier by himself
    Meaning he's a cut above those guys or he's not quite there but better than everyone after him?

Quote Originally Posted by paulj View Post
    I understand what everyone is saying but my question is...
    how much would the Giants need in order to move up to #15 or #16?

I doubt that they will too, and believe if Fluker is on the board they may take him for RT. However, I thnk they can get him later and may be a reach at 19?

I'm just curious to know how many points equates to what round pick we would have to consider in order to move up if it meant
    getting Fischer or Johnson, who i feel are better, as they can play both LT and RT.
    It will cost around a late 2nd, early 3rd pick to jump from #19 to #15 according to various draft pick value calculators.

Quote Originally Posted by paulj View Post
    Wow, I would have to take a really hard look at whether it is worth it?

I mean is it worth getting a Stud T for the next ten years in exchange for loosing our 4th round pick?
    Obviously not, if there isnt a big drop off in talent after Fisher and Johnson?
    However, it is intriguing.
    Obviously not? If you can trade up using a 4th round pick on a guy you feel can be a stud for the next 10 years, you do it & not think twice.....we don't exactly hit homeruns with our late round picks

Starter
    Obviously not, "IF there isnt a big drop off in talent after Fisher and Johnson"?

I would take OT Lane Johnson at #19.

Unfortunately Joekel,Fisher, Warmack and Cooper will probably be gone when we pick at #19.
    If for some reason any of these guys drop, we should grab them.

Two fiddy

See the pick pont system (sportz.nutz.com) http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/...alue_chart.htm

combined with the team your/GM your talking about. I really do not see JR doing it but he has surprised b4

Quote Originally Posted by pino View Post
    It will cost around a late 2nd, early 3rd pick to jump from #19 to #15 according to various draft pick value calculators.
    Really? I get our pic valued at 875, 14th pick valued at 1100 difference would be 325 pts. so my guess is our 1st and 2nd 51st overall which would be enough a ttl trade value of 1265

I don't think they're trading up and I hope that they don't either. Especially not for an o-lineman. If anything, I'd be willing to trade down -- this is a deep draft.

+ Reply to Thread