+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Surprised

Surprised

no one on here has talked up D.J Hayden yet...
    Not going to pretend like I have been scouting this kid from birth, i am fairly new to him only because of some notable mentions.
    Impressive pro-day with talks of making it into the first round pending physical check outs, with the way the corners are separating themselves with pro days/combines/ reevaluation of tapes. Seems to me there are only 3-4 worth taking in the 1st and 3 of those 4 are going before the 21st pick. Need to reeval more on him before I can honestly say 1 round grade; emergency heart surgery scary stuff!

4.33 - low 4.4 40.
    33.5 inch vert
    10 broad jump

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Hayden was ranked almost 30th in his position pre combine and after just that you think he might be round 1 material? No way would I take him at 19. Rhodes has a slim chance of being there and if so I'd glady snatch him, but I'd even pass on trufant in the 1st nevermind this guy. They are impressive numbers tho and he could have some late round talent
    Last edited by TAILGATIN'; 03-25-2013 at 07:51 AM.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NYGdraftMIND View Post
    no one on here has talked up D.J Hayden yet...
    Not going to pretend like I have been scouting this kid from birth, i am fairly new to him only because of some notable mentions.
    Impressive pro-day with talks of making it into the first round pending physical check outs, with the way the corners are separating themselves with pro days/combines/ reevaluation of tapes. Seems to me there are only 3-4 worth taking in the 1st and 3 of those 4 are going before the 21st pick. Need to reeval more on him before I can honestly say 1 round grade; emergency heart surgery scary stuff!

4.33 - low 4.4 40.
    33.5 inch vert
    10 broad jump
    Just not a lot of tape of him out there. Finding tape of him against good teams or WR's is even harder to get. Been trying to get the LA TECH game but couldnt get a hold of it. Would of loved to see him go against Quinton Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    Hayden was ranked almost 30th in his position pre combine and after just that you think he might be round 1 material? No way would I take him at 19. Rhodes has a slim chance of being there and if so I'd glady snatch him, but I'd even pass on trufant in the 1st nevermind this guy. They are impressive numbers tho and he could have some late round talent
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap10...spect-rankings

" I am not in the business of assuming who we pick in any round, I am merely here to discuss talent and who fits the scheme we play the best. I never said he was a first round grade, look at the video in the link I posted, I went as far as to say I needed to reevaluate him more before I myself can say sure fire first round talent. The numbers openend my eyes, the stats intrigued me now I am just waiting for whatever tape I can find to do the eye test. To be honest mock drafts are only accurate for the first 3-5 picks everything after that is wild assumptions and hope, we have no idea whats available or drops to 19, Prince Amukamara a sure fire top 10; was even talked about as a top 5 pick is evidence of this."

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Just not a lot of tape of him out there. Finding tape of him against good teams or WR's is even harder to get. Been trying to get the LA TECH game but couldnt get a hold of it. Would of loved to see him go against Quinton Patton.
    Mayock said he shut down Patton. I would really like to see that myself. He is lauded as a player that can excel in press and off man, that injury still worries me. I f what the scouts are praising about this kid is true, then the medical is everything to this kid now.

I've seen him slated in the 6-7 th rounds. Not that big or fast 4.55 is what I saw from him.

" I am not in the business of assuming who we pick in any round, I am merely here to discuss talent and who fits the scheme we play the best. I never said he was a first round grade, look at the video in the link I posted, I went as far as to say I needed to reevaluate him more before I myself can say sure fire first round talent. The numbers openend my eyes, the stats intrigued me now I am just waiting for whatever tape I can find to do the eye test. To be honest mock drafts are only accurate for the first 3-5 picks everything after that is wild assumptions and hope, we have no idea whats available or drops to 19, Prince Amukamara a sure fire top 10; was even talked about as a top 5 pick is evidence of this."
    nir dud I say you'd take like him the first, but you mentioned u would consider it. I just said no way and that is only my opinion. There are many more ducks in the pond at 19 and if Rhodes dies not fall, I don't see us taking a cb that round.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Nor did I say you'd take him the first, but you mentioned u would consider it. I just said no way and that is only my opinion. There are many more ducks in the pond at 19 and if Rhodes does not fall, I don't see us taking a cb that round.

- Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    Nor did I say you'd take him the first, but you mentioned u would consider it. I just said no way and that is only my opinion. There are many more ducks in the pond at 19 and if Rhodes does not fall, I don't see us taking a cb that round.
    I never mentioned I considered it either. I rarely assume picks at any round, its always wrong. I'm just talking the kid up cause of the attention he built for himself on his pro day. Mayock noticed so I listened and looked at the limited tape on him and like what I saw visually. Mayock said he is potentially a first rounder if medical clears. To say you don't see us taking a certain position in any round assumes you have some type of inside info... care to share?