+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants meet with guard over weekend - Chance Warmack

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Granted it's a completely different position, but didn't people have Prince as a top 10 pick? Didn't we pick him at 19?
    prince was a top 10 talent that happened to fall in our lap. 4 QB's were taken ahead of him, 3 via huge reaches which helped propel him to the Gmen.

The Giants shouldn't deter from drafting Chance if available and or Reese like the kid even when Boothe got signed.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Decastro was listed like these guys to and he went 24
    People forgot this awfully quick for some reason. DeCastro was mentioned many times as a top 10 or even 5 prospect leading up to the draft but the NFL front offices don't value interior linemen in the same degree that the fans do. Not only is G one of the least impactful positions in the NFL but it does very little to bring the casual fans in the seats like a QB, WR, or pass rusher would. Since Warmack and Cooper are slightly better than DeCastro, I'll say the highest either of them gets is to the #16th spot. There are just too many defensive players with quality athleticism and teams that sorely need offensive skill position help to grab a G that high.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    Lets not get our hopes up.. The cowboys pick before us and desperately need a guard.
    Don't forget that the Cowboys are also switching to a 4-3. They will need players more suited to the new defense and will need long term answers on the Dline.

Best player available, if he is there and he is it....take him! Love the way Reese set himself up for the Draft!

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    It may sound a bit crazy but Warmack may turn out to be the best player in this draft.But alas......he shant fall to us at 19.
    Maybe one of the teams that want to make a play for Cruz have an early round first.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Maybe one of the teams that want to make a play for Cruz have an early round first.
    No other team will make a play for Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Decastro was listed like these guys to and he went 24
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    People forgot this awfully quick for some reason. DeCastro was mentioned many times as a top 10 or even 5 prospect leading up to the draft but the NFL front offices don't value interior linemen in the same degree that the fans do. Not only is G one of the least impactful positions in the NFL but it does very little to bring the casual fans in the seats like a QB, WR, or pass rusher would. Since Warmack and Cooper are slightly better than DeCastro, I'll say the highest either of them gets is to the #16th spot. There are just too many defensive players with quality athleticism and teams that sorely need offensive skill position help to grab a G that high.
    I saw him as high as #2 on Top 100 lists. the only thing is this draft lacks 1st round quality prospects and Cooper / Warmack are 2 that are actually worth 1st rounders. So thats the difference between the Decastro draft.Still im pointing out is no Guard is a slam dunk top 15 pick by any means

I'd much rather Werner or Ansah.. But Warmack is a powerful run blocker whos complete player and plays with a nasty mean streak, and i believe will be a perrenial probowler for yrs to come, but i'd still rather a more impactful 1st rd pick, like Ez Ansah , Bjorn Werner, or Alec Ogletree...

+ Reply to Thread