+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I'd much rather Werner or Ansah.. But Warmack is a powerful run blocker whos complete player and plays with a nasty mean streak, and i believe will be a perrenial probowler for yrs to come, but i'd still rather a more impactful 1st rd pick, like Ez Ansah , Bjorn Werner, or Alec Ogletree...
    What could be more impactful than a perrenial pro bowler?

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    What could be more impactful than a perrenial pro bowler?
    A perennial Super Bowler?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    A perennial Super Bowler?
    Got me there!

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Got me there!
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It's now time for someone to ask if we will trade up to get him...
    And now it's time for someone to answer that question. . .

Reese has publicly stated that trading-up hasn't worked out in the past, and that the FO prefers now to use "all their picks". With the salary cap the way it is, I think this is doubly true.

When I heard him say that (around draft time last season), all I could think about was how Ramses Barden would feel like when he heard that. But I guess he could also have been alluding to Sinorice Moss.

Short answer, No.

Highly doubt Warmack falls to us.

Warmack would be a great Giant.. don't see him getting past the Cowgirls though

Bench Player
    What do people think of the following guys (assuming Warmack, Cooper, Ansah aren't available)?

1) D.J. Fluker We can groom him behind Diehl as a replacement. People are going to have to face that Diehl will be our starter this year.
    2) Datone Jones - tweener project that Reese seems to love
    3) Alec Ogletree - Might be a reach here but it seems the Giants might have interest
    4) Kenny Vaccaro - love this guy and we have seen what his predecessor at Texas has done in the pros for Seattle.

As for Werner, I just don't see him fitting into the Giants mold for a DE. They have built themselves based off of DE with non-stop motors and length, and those are the biggest criticisms against Werner (his inconsistent motor and lack of length). I am sure Reese would love Ansah to drop as that would be his pick if he does. Don't see that happening though.
    Last edited by barber320; 03-26-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I'd much rather Werner or Ansah.. But Warmack is a powerful run blocker whos complete player and plays with a nasty mean streak, and i believe will be a perrenial probowler for yrs to come, but i'd still rather a more impactful 1st rd pick, like Ez Ansah , Bjorn Werner, or Alec Ogletree...
    My heart would break if Warbelly was available and they passed. Not expecting that to be the case, but if it did....

Quote Originally Posted by barber320 View Post
    What do people think of the following guys (assuming Warmack, Cooper, Ansah aren't available)?

1) D.J. Fluker We can groom him behind Diehl as a replacement. People are going to have to face that Diehl will be our starter this year.
    2) Datone Jones - tweener project that Reese seems to love
    3) Alec Ogletree - Might be a reach here but it seems the Giants might have interest
    4) Kenny Vaccaro - love this guy and we have seen what his predecessor at Texas has done in the pros for Seattle.

As for Werner, I just don't see him fitting into the Giants mold for a DE. They have built themselves based off of DE with non-stop motors and length, and those are the biggest criticisms against Werner (his inconsistent motor and lack of length). I am sure Reese would love Ansah to drop as that would be his pick if he does. Don't see that happening though.
    Not a fan of Flukers at all, and im glad there there paying attention to Chance Warmack over that guy , as Alabama prospects.. Hes more James Carpenter then he is Andre Smith, despite the size being closer to Smith.. Fluker is gonna bust.. He was the only one i noticed during many bama games to give up pressures and sacks.. Seems like he was the leakiest sieve outta the bunch, and i think he lacks hustle at times as well.. Thats just the way it seems to be to me, and i'd pass..

Ogletree makes sense, because he can cover and is athletic, and fast, at a positon that is extremely weak on our team and consists of Connor and Herzlich, who have both had very little success as pros so far, and datone jones is a great fit as a guy who reminds me alot of tuck, for his ability against the run, and versatility.. Tuck and Jones both rely on strength first and foremost... Kenny Vaccaro is someone i'd pass on, as i see a very good player, but i don't know about 1st rder..