+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    What could be more impactful than a perrenial pro bowler?
    Its extremely easy to find quality interior line play, just see Kevin Boothe, David Diehl, Rich Seubert, Sean Ohara, Ron Stone, as none were drafted in the first rd, and in Diehl, Boothe, Seubert, and O'hara's case, were 5th rd or later, and mostly undrafted...

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Not a fan of Flukers at all, and im glad there there paying attention to Chance Warmack over that guy , as Alabama prospects.. Hes more James Carpenter then he is Andre Smith, despite the size being closer to Smith.. Fluker is gonna bust.. He was the only one i noticed during many bama games to give up pressures and sacks.. Seems like he was the leakiest sieve outta the bunch, and i think he lacks hustle at times as well.. Thats just the way it seems to be to me, and i'd pass..

Ogletree makes sense, because he can cover and is athletic, and fast, at a positon that is extremely weak on our team and consists of Connor and Herzlich, who have both had very little success as pros so far, and datone jones is a great fit as a guy who reminds me alot of tuck, for his ability against the run, and versatility.. Tuck and Jones both rely on strength first and foremost... Kenny Vaccaro is someone i'd pass on, as i see a very good player, but i don't know about 1st rder..
    Interesting take on Flukers. Are you a Bama fan or just have watched plenty of games like the rest of us since they are televised so often?

I feel about Ogletree the way you do about Vaccaro. Granted, Ogletree would fit a great need which has been out there for years really for us, but I just don't know if he is a first rounder, especially after his issues off the field.

We agree on Jones. I really think this is the guy few are talking about for the Giants but think that might end up being our pick.

I think you are underrating Vaccaro. That said, I can't see Reese drafting a free safety in the 1st round. I really feel like the guy will be a stud though.

Veteran
    I hate the idea of using a 1st on an OL men, but it's one of those things that I could live with this year considering how awful our Oline really is.. I'd like to see one taken in the 2nd or 3rd, but if a guy who is solid falls to us, I guess it wouldnn't be the worst thing in the world... we do need O line help, but we need help in so many other spots, best player available might actually be a good strategy this year.

I would throw up if giants passed w warmack on board. Cooper maybe spit beer out. Those two would be a upgrade on oline. Fluker I see a pass. I'm all for ogeltree or woerner if two guards are gone. Jones and varcaro no thanks.

Warmack would be nice, but I've come around to thinking of JR's of not drafting o-lineman in the 1st round. Then again if he drops to 19, he will definitely be the BPA and I don't think that JR would pass it up.

But, Warmack's not falling that far.

Unless theres a no brainer BPA at 19 (Prince,JPP) , we'll take need into consideration (WIlson,Nicks)

That being said, i dont think we go Oline unless one of the Tackles are there.....LB,CB,DE,DT only...

Warmack would be both BPA and need at #19.. It's nice to dream..

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Warmack would be both BPA and need at #19.. It's nice to dream..
    As nice as it sounds, dont people realize the guy is pretty much guaranteed to not contribute at all this season?
    Unless they plan on benching Boothe or Snee then idk...

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    As nice as it sounds, dont people realize the guy is pretty much guaranteed to not contribute at all this season?
    Unless they plan on benching Boothe or Snee then idk...
    It makes sense to me. Snee is getting up there, Boothe is on a 1-year deal and Chance would be an upgrade over him. Warmack will have plenty of time to contribute on jumbo packages, ST's, punt and FG blocking as a rookie to get him groomed for the following season. Giants rookies aren't usually thrust into starters their first seasons. Wilson if not for the KR return duties last year would have just been a third string RB.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    It makes sense to me. Snee is getting up there, Boothe is on a 1-year deal and Chance would be an upgrade over him. Warmack will have plenty of time to contribute on jumbo packages, ST's, punt and FG blocking as a rookie to get him groomed for the following season. Giants rookies aren't usually thrust into starters their first seasons. Wilson if not for the KR return duties last year would have just been a third string RB.
    I agree with this.. Warmack makes alot of sense