+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    As nice as it sounds, dont people realize the guy is pretty much guaranteed to not contribute at all this season?
    Unless they plan on benching Boothe or Snee then idk...
    So? Both Snee and Boothe could be gone by 2014. You want to start a rookie then or a guy seasoned if only for one year? Players should be scouted as to how they think their career should turn out, not whether they can play right now. Otherwise, JPP would never have been picked.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    So? Both Snee and Boothe could be gone by 2014. You want to start a rookie then or a guy seasoned if only for one year? Players should be scouted as to how they think their career should turn out, not whether they can play right now. Otherwise, JPP would never have been picked.
    This would all sound like a smart move to make if we actually had LBs that arent other teams throwaways, more than 1 legit CB, & enough legit Dlineman that we dont have to hope & pray Joseph,Jenkins,JPP,Tuck never get hurt.....Not to mention expecting Tuck to be any better than he was the last few seasons is crazy......sorry but its the truth

This would all sound like a smart move to make if we actually had LBs that arent other teams throwaways, more than 1 legit CB, & enough legit Dlineman that we dont have to hope & pray Joseph,Jenkins,JPP,Tuck never get hurt.....Not to mention expecting Tuck to be any better than he was the last few seasons is crazy......sorry but its the truth
    Not to mention Webster is declining and will likely be gone after next season. I really like Xavier Rhodes, one of the better CB's tight man cover CB's..He is a more athletic playmaker than prince, but both play tight man coverage and very physical. X-man and Prince locking down the corners would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by barber320 View Post
    Interesting take on Flukers. Are you a Bama fan or just have watched plenty of games like the rest of us since they are televised so often?

I feel about Ogletree the way you do about Vaccaro. Granted, Ogletree would fit a great need which has been out there for years really for us, but I just don't know if he is a first rounder, especially after his issues off the field.

We agree on Jones. I really think this is the guy few are talking about for the Giants but think that might end up being our pick.

I think you are underrating Vaccaro. That said, I can't see Reese drafting a free safety in the 1st round. I really feel like the guy will be a stud though.
    Nah, i'm a Notre Dame fan, just seen a bunch of Bama games.. Ya, i feel its worth the risk on Ogletree and sometimes a guy just sells u, and what sold me, is how much better GA got with Ogletree arounde on D.. They were simply alot better with Ogletree and i think he can do the same thing with us, and hes just tipping the iceberg.. I like Vaccaro, just don't see a 1st rder when i watch em.. Seems more 2nd rd to me.. ALso, we simply don' t need to draft a S in RD1 this yr, not a wise choice.. Datone Jones is a guy i agree, gets less play on these boards then he should, as hes a nice fit for what we need going forwrad and makes a ton of sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    Lets not get our hopes up.. The cowboys pick before us and desperately need a guard.
    And they need also a DE, S, DT and probably a RT for the future. I see more likely for them to draft D.J. Fluker first than drafting Chance and plug him right away at RT miving Doug Free to the inside. That's already been talked around ( down there ) and IMO very possible indeed.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

The question is not where Warmack will go so much as will the team give him a jersey big enough to fit?

The same thing applies to those positions as well. They're all more likely to begin on the bench than become first year starters. I'm not advocating an interior lineman over defense. I'm contesting your argument that a player is not worth the pick if he's not starting or playing immediately. Last first rounder to start the majority of the season was Aaron Ross who started 9 games, split with Dockery.

Well if a top 5 player that is a LB, CB or DL drops to 19 maybe we take them. But the value for Warmack at #19 is ridiculous.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    The same thing applies to those positions as well. They're all more likely to begin on the bench than become first year starters. I'm not advocating an interior lineman over defense. I'm contesting your argument that a player is not worth the pick if he's not starting or playing immediately. Last first rounder to start the majority of the season was Aaron Ross who started 9 games, split with Dockery.
    Yes but that pertains to them having the ability, it's not that we have a anti rookie policy.....theres such weak competition at a few positions that having a rookie playing majority of the year wouldn't be out of the question.....and these positions happen to also be huge needs for us....would anyone be ok with prince hurt & Ross,Hosley,Webster as our corners? Wow.....or the usual Williams & rivers hurt, so the average-below average Connor,paysinger,kiwi LB combo? Thinking about this makes me want to puke
    Don't get me wrong I think warmack is a beast & we'd be lucky to have him, but we undeniably have bigger fish to fry.....I'd rather fill BPA that matches a need & grab someone like warford in the 2nd (who's definetly no slouch btw)

If we picked Warmack, I would not complain for even a second. There are about 5 guys who I would be very excited to draft, and he is 1 of them. I know guard isnt a sexy pick, but this guy is as good as there has been at that position in a while.