+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Is it just me? Has any else noticed...

Has anybody else noticed that from the pre-combine pre and post-combine mock drafts have us taking a player that nobody else is taking in the first round. Example: Tank Carradine at 19 for the Giants... If we dont select him there, he is not mocked to any other team in the first round. I have seen this with three other prospects as well such as Werener before his stock rose and got him back into the 1st round discussion. Does this display a propensity for the Giants to take gambles on players in general but especially in the 1st round? If we didnt take JPP how much longer would he have sat on the board? Nicks dropped all the way to us because of weight issues, but it seems we take chances on greatness imo... Your thoughts Gentleman?

In most mocks JPP was a first round pick. I think we took him at the right spot cause he would have been gone after round 1 or worst case for him early round 2. Most mocks I have seen from the beginning had Werner going in the top ten. Only recently have I seen him slipping down to us at 19. As for Carradine I have seen a few mocks with him going in the late first but I do not see us taking him. I think there will be better talent on the board when it's our turn.

that is strange.. I don't think I've seen Tank anywhere in the 1st, except #19.. Tank in the 1st is a mistake

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    that is strange.. I don't think I've seen Tank anywhere in the 1st, except #19.. Tank in the 1st is a mistake
    The earliest I have seen him is to us, but I have seen him to Cinci at 21, Denver at 28, Falcons at 30 etc. There is no question of the talent. The only concern is the injury.

If we didn't take Nicks, or JPP, both of them would literally be Titans. We stole the Titans guy twice.

Nicks/JPP > Britt/Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    If we didn't take Nicks, or JPP, both of them would literally be Titans. We stole the Titans guy twice.

Nicks/JPP > Britt/Morgan
    Big-Time..!!

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post

Nicks/JPP > Britt/Morgan
    I completely forgot about Derrick Morgan. I remember I was angry when they chose a DE in general, and I thought, if the Giants were going to choose a damn DE, they should have gone with Morgan.

This is why I'm not a scout.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Blue View Post
    I completely forgot about Derrick Morgan. I remember I was angry when they chose a DE in general, and I thought, if the Giants were going to choose a damn DE, they should have gone with Morgan.

This is why I'm not a scout.
    You're not alone -- I didn't want another DE (wanted a LB), but if we had to have a DE then I wanted Morgan. Thank God JR didn't ask me for my opinion.

One of the most-talented pass rushers in this draft class, Florida State's Cornellius Carradine, wasn't even a starter at the beginning of the season. But after an injury, "Tank" stepped up and had an excellent senior season until he tore his ACL in late November, which clouds his NFL Draft future. The progress of Carradine's knee could determine whether he is selected in the first round or falls to the second day. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

Bummer for the kid and the ACL
    This guy has his mock at 21 with the Bengles.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by nygon3 View Post
    Has anybody else noticed that from the pre-combine pre and post-combine mock drafts have us taking a player that nobody else is taking in the first round. Example: Tank Carradine at 19 for the Giants... If we dont select him there, he is not mocked to any other team in the first round. I have seen this with three other prospects as well such as Werener before his stock rose and got him back into the 1st round discussion. Does this display a propensity for the Giants to take gambles on players in general but especially in the 1st round? If we didnt take JPP how much longer would he have sat on the board? Nicks dropped all the way to us because of weight issues, but it seems we take chances on greatness imo... Your thoughts Gentleman?
    First of all, word was that if we didn't take JPP, he was going in the very next pick to Tenn.
    Secondly, I don't think Nicks dropped at all. He went right where he was expected to go.
    Third.....Our draft board is always solid. While we have definitely drafted to need more than some suggest, we don't really ever reach. At least not for a while.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi