+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Manti, is he a smoke screen?

Manti, is he a smoke screen?

I know he is qualified by tape and todays 40 to be attractive at 19. Me I would rather go pressure LB with speed like Ogletree but you guys are lucky I do not make those calls. I think Manti may turn out to be another slow successful middles but I am thinking the signing of O'Connor was more to cross off that need. I know, I know, best player available.

Te'o > O'Connor..?

I know a lot of people like him, but I really hope we pass on Manti

Manti Te'o has arguably the best instincts in the draft at the MLB position. What isn't arguable is his production, he's nearly as accomplished as one can be in 4 years of college.

At worst he is an upgrade over Blackburn, but I'm almost positive he doesn't have the upside that guys like A.Brown and Ogletree have.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Veteran
    Who's this O'Connor guy? /s

It's amazing what a fake story and a bad Bowl game can do to someone. This time last year Manti Te'o was one of my favorite prospects for the Giants before he announced he wouldn't declare for the draft.

I still think he's a great player and all but given the catfish saga, distractions and the media hype he brings....I want that no where near the Giants organization.

I think he is a huge bust at the NFL level.

I don't want Te'o AT ALL. He was absolutely manhandled in the Championship game against a far superior Alabama team. which is no match compared to NFL talent. We also don't have the DTs to clog up the middle for him. Ogletree please

I never saw the kid play. They say his track speed is slow. They said the same about Ray Lew. Ray Lew wasn't extremely big either. Ray also had great instincts and great game speed. Ray also was a master at stacking and shedding blockers, even in college. I'd say take him if he runs a 4.6 or so in the 40 and he can stack and shed. Let's not act like we have a gold mine at LB as it is.
    Last edited by B&RWarrior; 03-26-2013 at 02:00 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I never saw the kid play. They say his track speed is slow. They said the same about Ray Lew.
    Ray Lewis ran the 40 in the 4.5 range at his pro day. Slightly slower than Patrick Willis. I don't know who the "they" are that made that claim. Teo runs like the Lewis of today...

+ Reply to Thread