+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Would love him at 19

Nope, I've seen a good deal of him down here in SEC land. I was never consistantly impressed. He disappears often in a game. Does he have some impressive highlights? Sure, but I have watched many complete games and I say no thanks! He's got a first round name and the experts seem to like him but there are busts of highly touted guys every year. I think we can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I'd prefer Werner
    + 1

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Of course u would have to consider Mingo at 19, as his upside is top 10 pick and were picking 19th, so theres alot of upside and potential of getting sensational value there.. I would still take Werner if both were there, but if Werener would be gone, Mingo would be up there on personal rankings if he was on board.. I don't see it though.. I think hes a member of the New Orleans Saints come draft day..
    I think both Werner and Mingo will be gone. I would do backflips if they ended up with either one

Quote Originally Posted by Jahh View Post
    Yeah, it would be nice to have him in a Von Miller capacity. Was that the Giants intention with Sintim?
    Sintim was nowhere near the athlete Mingo is. Mingo is so much quicker and far more explosive

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I think both Werner and Mingo will be gone. I would do backflips if they ended up with either one
    agreed..

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Sintim was nowhere near the athlete Mingo is. Mingo is so much quicker and far more explosive
    also agreed.. Mingo is more like Dion Jordan then he is Clint Sintim...

How do you guys think he will be as SLB? could he play it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    Nope, I've seen a good deal of him down here in SEC land. I was never consistantly impressed. He disappears often in a game. Does he have some impressive highlights? Sure, but I have watched many complete games and I say no thanks! He's got a first round name and the experts seem to like him but there are busts of highly touted guys every year. I think we can do better.
    I agree. He has all the athleticism and skills but when you watch the games you often come away unimpressed. Never really wowed me with dominant performances. That and LSU was loaded on their D-line. I also feel he's too frail and needs to get a lot stronger....that worries me about him in the Giants scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I agree. He has all the athleticism and skills but when you watch the games you often come away unimpressed. Never really wowed me with dominant performances. That and LSU was loaded on their D-line. I also feel he's too frail and needs to get a lot stronger....that worries me about him in the Giants scheme.
    Well, you shouldn't really expect much out of him when he is asked to contain first and pass rush second as a LDE. The fact he recognizes the concept of containment is already a huge plus over the recently departed Osi and he just has that rare first step you can't pass on if he falls to the Giants. LSU is notorious for having athletic specimens on their team that manage to underachieve. I'm not sure if their is an attitude issue in the locker room or if it's just the coaching staff using these kids in the wrong positions. I mean do you think using a 240lb player exclusively at LDE is a good idea? I just know that Michael Brockers was an underachiever last year for the Tigers and then he became a young star at the Rams in his rookie year. Something tells me that LSU is horrible using their defensive players and that a good NFL coaching staff would make Mingo work.