+ Reply to Thread

Hire Spagnuolo as assistant head coach do not let Philly get him

I think the Giants organization should hire Spagnuolo as assistant head coach. I do not want Philly to get him as defensive coordinator. Who knows Perry Fewell may get a head coaching job this off season. He has interviewed for several position and finished second like in Denver.

Now all of this depends on us beating Dallas and making the playoffs. If we do not win then Spagnuolo is the number one choice for our next head coach. But I want Coughlin to stay, so I really want us to beat those Cowgirls. However I do think Coughlin will retire within the next two years and it would be great to have Spagnuolo back on the staff ready to take over.

Re: Hire Spagnuolo as assistant head coach do not let Philly get him

[quote user="wgsgiants"]

I think the Giants organization should hire Spagnuolo as assistant head coach. I do not want Philly to get him as defensive coordinator. Who knows Perry Fewell may get a head coaching job this off season. He has interviewed for several position and finished second like in Denver.

Now all of this depends on us beating Dallas and making the playoffs. If we do not win then Spagnuolo is the number one choice for our next head coach. But I want Coughlin to stay, so I really want us to beat those Cowgirls. However I do think Coughlin will retire within the next two years and it would be great to have Spagnuolo back on the staff ready to take over.

[/quote]

Honestly, I feel that the Giants FO is probably feeling the same. I can't see the Giants letting Spags go to Philly. I do believe that the Giants will make Spags the coach in waiting. What does that means for Fewell's? I am not sure, but I doubt he will get a head coaching job. He could be the DC somewhere else.
    "In Reese, We No Longer Trust"

Where the **** are people getting the idea that Streve Spagnuolo is the next Bill Parcells? When did he lead an NFL team to a winning record, because I missed that.

Oh yeah, and another line of conventional thought around here - whenever a coach is fired or a player is cut from another team, the Giants should grab him because he has to be better than whomever we have now. BTW, where is the Braylon Edwards thread?

[quote user="krygny"]Where the **** are people getting the idea that Streve Spagnuolo is the next Bill Parcells? When did he lead an NFL team to a winning record, because I missed that.

Oh yeah, and another line of conventional thought around here - whenever a coach is fired or a player is cut from another team, the Giants should grab him because he has to be better than whomever we have now. BTW, where is the Braylon Edwards thread?

[/quote]

A Braylon Edwards thread. Thats too funny...lol

[quote user="krygny"]Where the **** are people getting the idea that Streve Spagnuolo is the next Bill Parcells? When did he lead an NFL team to a winning record, because I missed that.

[/quote]

[B]

[/quote]

hear hear

[quote user="nycisgreat"][quote user="wgsgiants"]

[/quote]

Honestly, I feel that the Giants FO is probably feeling the same. I can't see the Giants letting Spags go to Philly. I do believe that the Giants will make Spags the coach in waiting. What does that means for Fewell's? I am not sure, but I doubt he will get a head coaching job. He could be the DC somewhere else.
    [/quote]

well we did let steve smith prance on to philly

All-Pro

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="krygny"]Where the **** are people getting the idea that Streve Spagnuolo is the next Bill Parcells? When did he lead an NFL team to a winning record, because I missed that.

[/quote]

hear hear[/quote]

come out come out wherever you are mattmeyerbudd .......