+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

3rd Day Guys You Like

Don't know if there is already a thread like this. If so, my bad.

Everyone has already harped on the guys we would like in the first three rounds of the draft but what about those later round talents? The guys the Giants will select on the third, less-hyped day of the draft? A place for everyone to discuss who they like, why they like them, where they think they'll go, etc.

My guys:

OG Alvin Bailey, Arkansas. If the Giants don't address OL earlier in the draft, I could definitely see them taking this guy. Boothe just signed for one year only and Snee's future is iffy. Plus this guy has the ability to pull, something the Giants used to love doing back when Seubert was the other starter. His pass blocking can use help but he can be that big nasty guy the Giants need. 4th rounder.

OLB Jelanis Jenkins, Florida. One of those small, safety looking linebackers with a compact frame and speed. Yeah he'll get swallowed up by blockers but with the Pistol offense, you kind of need these faster LBs and sometimes its a trade off of size. Our linebackers aren't the greatest group and two of our potential starts are here on 1 year deals and, Herzlich and Paysinger are RFA at the end of next year too. 4th rounder

DE Devin Taylor, South Carolina. I have no faith in Trattou, Broha or Tracy. Ojomo will be a rotational guy who comes in on passing situations, like Tollefson but with more athleticism. Tuck could very well play himself off the roster if he doesn't step up his game. Someone who could potentially start across from JPP needs to be added. Taylor has the size but he needs to bulk up to add the strength. 4th rounder.

TE Nick Kasa, Colorado. Pascoe is like Blackburn. Doesn't offer you much in the way of actual skill but he works his *** off...and he's white. Myers contract may say 4 years but realistically its more like 1 year. Kasa is a blocker who has flashed some pass catching abilities. Just need to improve on it, like Boss and Ballard. 5th rounder.

CB Steve Williams, California. A lot like Hosley. He's a short, small dude who plays bigger then he really is. Physical and not afraid to get in a opponents face. The CB depth chart is gonna need a serious over haul after this season. Thomas? Probably gone. Webster? Potentially gone. Ross? Potentially gone. That leaves us with the Prince and Swag Hosley. 6th rounder.

C Braxton Cave, Notre Dame. The interior of our offensive line could always use some help. If Boothe had left, that leaves us with Cordle as our back-up center option and that doesn't sound too good to me. Wouldn't mind another body competing for the chance to backup Baas and potentially take over for him when his contract expires. 6th rounder.

FS Dale Stafford, Nebraska. We got Rolle, Hill and Brown as locks for next year but the Giants like to carry four guys because they like to go with that 3-Safety look. Right now it looks like a battle between Thomas and Sash for that last spot. Add another body for the competition. An aggressive guy with decent speed. 7th rounder.

QB Sean Renfree, Duke. Rememer when the Giants used to love taking a late round flyer on a QB they thought had upside to try to groom them into a solid backup to Eli or potential trade bait? I think they could do something like that again. Carr won't be around forever and it might be time to get someone young and talented back there, just in case something really does happen to Easy E. *knocks on wood* 7th rounder.

RB Miguel Maysonet, Stony Brook. We've all read the reports about this guy ever since the Giants brought him in for a look. He would be a nice addition to the group and could compete with Scott for that final spot. Of course that is me being under the impression the Giants will carry 4 RBs, which I think they will. Also under the impression Torrain is a lock for that 3rd spot, which is iffy.

WR Mark Harrison, Rutgers. Everyone would love for Cruz! and Nicks to be the future for the next five years or so but until their signatures are on the dotted line for new contracts with the Giants, better to be safe then sorry. Take a chance on a kid with the skills to be a solid outside receiver.

I have touted Lonnie Pryor as a 3rd day guy I like, and I am sticking with him.

I agree about Renfree in particular. He is better than he is being projected.

I also agree about Maysonet, but I am starting to hear mumurs that he may not be a day three pick. He is garnering a lot of last minute attention and could even sneak into the 3rd round.

haven't hard that about maysonnet but good for him if so. another guy I really like is zac stacy, RB, vanderbilt.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    haven't hard that about maysonnet but good for him if so. another guy I really like is zac stacy, RB, vanderbilt.
    yep, Zacis underrated.

I would add Vince Williams. He is a good prospect for a 43 team.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I have touted Lonnie Pryor as a 3rd day guy I like, and I am sticking with him.

I agree about Renfree in particular. He is better than he is being projected.

I also agree about Maysonet, but I am starting to hear mumurs that he may not be a day three pick. He is garnering a lot of last minute attention and could even sneak into the 3rd round.
    Never heard of Pryor but I'll definitely look into him. And Maysonet is a tricky pick. I'm hearing anywhere between 4th and 7th rounds. He was one of the most productive backs in college football throughout his career, even if it was for such a small school.

Quote Originally Posted by Mentally_Dumb View Post
    Never heard of Pryor but I'll definitely look into him. And Maysonet is a tricky pick. I'm hearing anywhere between 4th and 7th rounds. He was one of the most productive backs in college football throughout his career, even if it was for such a small school.
    Lonnie is a FB from FSU. In high school he was a highly touted half back who when he got to FSU, at the request of the coaches and for the good of the team, switched to fullback. I got to see him play in high school, and was sure he would end up playing tailback for a big time program. The fact that he switched is a sign of his unselfishness.

If you look him up, you will clearly see he can still run with the football and catch as well. Usually guys that can do that suffer a little as lead blockers, not Lonnie though. He is a brilliant blocker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doNyjdbdLOM
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 03-25-2013 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mentally_Dumb View Post
    Don't know if there is already a thread like this. If so, my bad.

Everyone has already harped on the guys we would like in the first three rounds of the draft but what about those later round talents? The guys the Giants will select on the third, less-hyped day of the draft? A place for everyone to discuss who they like, why they like them, where they think they'll go, etc.

My guys:

OG Alvin Bailey, Arkansas. If the Giants don't address OL earlier in the draft, I could definitely see them taking this guy. Boothe just signed for one year only and Snee's future is iffy. Plus this guy has the ability to pull, something the Giants used to love doing back when Seubert was the other starter. His pass blocking can use help but he can be that big nasty guy the Giants need. 4th rounder.

OLB Jelanis Jenkins, Florida. One of those small, safety looking linebackers with a compact frame and speed. Yeah he'll get swallowed up by blockers but with the Pistol offense, you kind of need these faster LBs and sometimes its a trade off of size. Our linebackers aren't the greatest group and two of our potential starts are here on 1 year deals and, Herzlich and Paysinger are RFA at the end of next year too. 4th rounder

DE Devin Taylor, South Carolina. I have no faith in Trattou, Broha or Tracy. Ojomo will be a rotational guy who comes in on passing situations, like Tollefson but with more athleticism. Tuck could very well play himself off the roster if he doesn't step up his game. Someone who could potentially start across from JPP needs to be added. Taylor has the size but he needs to bulk up to add the strength. 4th rounder.

TE Nick Kasa, Colorado. Pascoe is like Blackburn. Doesn't offer you much in the way of actual skill but he works his *** off...and he's white. Myers contract may say 4 years but realistically its more like 1 year. Kasa is a blocker who has flashed some pass catching abilities. Just need to improve on it, like Boss and Ballard. 5th rounder.

CB Steve Williams, California. A lot like Hosley. He's a short, small dude who plays bigger then he really is. Physical and not afraid to get in a opponents face. The CB depth chart is gonna need a serious over haul after this season. Thomas? Probably gone. Webster? Potentially gone. Ross? Potentially gone. That leaves us with the Prince and Swag Hosley. 6th rounder.

C Braxton Cave, Notre Dame. The interior of our offensive line could always use some help. If Boothe had left, that leaves us with Cordle as our back-up center option and that doesn't sound too good to me. Wouldn't mind another body competing for the chance to backup Baas and potentially take over for him when his contract expires. 6th rounder.

FS Dale Stafford, Nebraska. We got Rolle, Hill and Brown as locks for next year but the Giants like to carry four guys because they like to go with that 3-Safety look. Right now it looks like a battle between Thomas and Sash for that last spot. Add another body for the competition. An aggressive guy with decent speed. 7th rounder.

QB Sean Renfree, Duke. Rememer when the Giants used to love taking a late round flyer on a QB they thought had upside to try to groom them into a solid backup to Eli or potential trade bait? I think they could do something like that again. Carr won't be around forever and it might be time to get someone young and talented back there, just in case something really does happen to Easy E. *knocks on wood* 7th rounder.

RB Miguel Maysonet, Stony Brook. We've all read the reports about this guy ever since the Giants brought him in for a look. He would be a nice addition to the group and could compete with Scott for that final spot. Of course that is me being under the impression the Giants will carry 4 RBs, which I think they will. Also under the impression Torrain is a lock for that 3rd spot, which is iffy.

WR Mark Harrison, Rutgers. Everyone would love for Cruz! and Nicks to be the future for the next five years or so but until their signatures are on the dotted line for new contracts with the Giants, better to be safe then sorry. Take a chance on a kid with the skills to be a solid outside receiver.
    Ya, i like some of ur players alot for mid to late rds as well.. Maysonet, Harrison, Renfree, Kasa, Taylor, Bailey(i like em even in 3rd), Taylor(i like em as early as 3rd), are all guys i like.

Earl Wolff S NC State - This guy is a player.. Leader, intangables, hard hitting, and some cover skills.. Also, good size/speed combo..

Devonte Holloman OLB/S South Carolina- I like Holloman alot, as hes versatile, good sized LB, who has some cover ability being a former safety, and i think will be a stud on ST's.. Hes got great awareness skills...

Kerwynn Williams RB Utah St- Williams is fast and shifty, and fights for extra yards despite his size.. hes got great hands outta the backfield and ran very fast at the combine.. Was extremely productive this past yr at Utah st..I think he could be a perfect 3rd down back, and complement to Andre Brown and David Wilson... I've seen him used split out at WR as well.. Versatiilty is huge..

Tanner Hawkinson OT Kansas- THis is as a 6th or 7th rder.. I remember this guy was projected to be a 1st or 2nd rd pick down the line a couple yrs ago.. Kansas has stunk for past few yrs, but Hawkinson has managed to play pretty solid.. Hes got a ton of expierenceHe started more games then anyone in Kansas history.. He is a athletic OT, who is a former TE, and has room to add weight on his frame, and keep his athletic abilty.. A intriguing expierenced OT who is being undervalued so far...

Gerald Hodges OLB Penn St- One of my fave LB prospects outside the top guys.. He can defend the run and pass, and has solid size at over 240lbs.. Multiple 100tackle seasons for the tackle machine while at Penn st... This guy sniffs out ball carriers very well, and is a sure tackler that gets the job done when he arrives at the ball carrier..

Theres a bunch others, but heres a few...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post

Earl Wolff S NC State - This guy is a player.. Leader, intangables, hard hitting, and some cover skills.. Also, good size/speed combo..

Gerald Hodges OLB Penn St- One of my fave LB prospects outside the top guys.. He can defend the run and pass, and has solid size at over 240lbs.. Multiple 100tackle seasons for the tackle machine while at Penn st... This guy sniffs out ball carriers very well, and is a sure tackler that gets the job done when he arrives at the ball carrier..

Those 2 guys are studs. You watch either of their teams play and your eyes cant help but follow them.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, i like some of ur players alot for mid to late rds as well.. Maysonet, Harrison, Renfree, Kasa, Taylor, Bailey(i like em even in 3rd), Taylor(i like em as early as 3rd), are all guys i like.

Devonte Holloman OLB/S South Carolina- I like Holloman alot, as hes versatile, good sized LB, who has some cover ability being a former safety, and i think will be a stud on ST's.. Hes got great awareness skills...

Kerwynn Williams RB Utah St- Williams is fast and shifty, and fights for extra yards despite his size.. hes got great hands outta the backfield and ran very fast at the combine.. Was extremely productive this past yr at Utah st..I think he could be a perfect 3rd down back, and complement to Andre Brown and David Wilson... I've seen him used split out at WR as well.. Versatiilty is huge..

Tanner Hawkinson OT Kansas- THis is as a 6th or 7th rder.. I remember this guy was projected to be a 1st or 2nd rd pick down the line a couple yrs ago.. Kansas has stunk for past few yrs, but Hawkinson has managed to play pretty solid.. Hes got a ton of expierenceHe started more games then anyone in Kansas history.. He is a athletic OT, who is a former TE, and has room to add weight on his frame, and keep his athletic abilty.. A intriguing expierenced OT who is being undervalued so far...

I have like what I've read about Kerwynn and Wolf. Too solid guys I wouldn't be upset with. I've been iffy about tackles in the later rounds because the Giants already took McCants and Mosley last year to develop. Don't know much about Hodges but I'll definitely look into him. If he can play SLB, I wouldn't mind the pick I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Those 2 guys are studs. You watch either of their teams play and your eyes cant help but follow them.
    Yes, i agree.. U definetly gravitate towards them when watching there respective teams..