+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I say tyrann matheiu in 3rd round if he is there

We may need to trade up in the 3rd to get him.

Tyrann Mathieu aces LSU's pro day workout
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ro-day-workout

"I contacted several teams myself, and told them 'If you don't draft this guy, you are an idiot,'" Sanders said on "NFL AM."
    "I believe in the kid, and I will put my name by him."

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    U have Wreh Wilson going in the 2nd round of your mock.. I know he will still be around in the 3rd and I would hate to pick him over Matheiu. Do u think he'd bring more to the organization than matheiu? I can't see that at all
    What is people's obsession with my 2 month old mock on this forum and I have to ask what my mock has to do with the post you quoted? To actually answer your question, Wreh-Wilson's floor isn't nearly as low as Mathieu's and he has the size to handle the larger receivers on the outside. Matheiu is a slot CB/nickel defender AT BEST and I'm not a fan of using a 2nd or 3rd rounder on someone who might only contribute on ST. If he falls to the 4th and we take him there, I'm cool with that.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Fair enough, but my advice would be to not post your mock in your sig or obviously people will comment. Mine was a sincere question asking if you like Wreh Wilson over Mathiue and nothing more. Thanks for the input

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    He is small but why should that matter if you've got great coverage (and ups)? I think he possibly could have been at least a round 2 guy if not for the off field issues. I think in round 3 that he is a great bargain and well worth the risk/reward factor.
    ^this...

mathieu is gonna surprise a lot of people in the NFL. is he small? yes,,,but he plays much bigger on tape. his ball skills are undeniable and the best in the entire CB draft class. he has a relentless motor and is always looking to make a play via pick or strip. I think he is hungry to prove he has changed and that will bode well for some team. we see small guys make it in the NFL quite fequently and he will be no different. he is a turn over machine plus he can line up on the outside, in the slot and at safety; and possesses the ability to play both man and zone coverage. I would have zero problem with a 3rd rounder on him.

2nd round anyone? He may be taken in the 1-15 range of the 3rd round.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    2nd round anyone? He may be taken in the 1-15 range of the 3rd round.
    I am a gambling man by nature so I would roll the dice. they are prospects after all with no guarantee to pan out. giving the special nature of matthieu's talent I would take that chance unless a CB was taken in the 1st,,then I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    I am a gambling man by nature so I would roll the dice. they are prospects after all with no guarantee to pan out. giving the special nature of matthieu's talent I would take that chance unless a CB was taken in the 1st,,then I don't.
    Same here, more than likely we'd be selecting a Khaseem Greene/Kevin Minter, if we don't pick Ogletree in the First. He's worth a 2nd.

If the Giants clear him Im cool with it at worst u will get a really good gunner and punt returner.

+ Reply to Thread