+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    He was never great at coverage. His value was more in the blitz, against the run and forcing turnovers via FFs. He was never adept in coverage in college, which should exacerbate against better receivers in the NFL.
    Looking a little closer his skill-set seems to be best matched against a slot receiver rather than the outside. I can't say I agree with Deon Sanders calling him a day one starting #1 CB but I think he can be very productive if used correctly.

I think his value comes from his versatility as he can play some S and CB, as well as return kicks.. I don't think hes a great fit with this team, personally..

as a returner, I like Denard Robinson in the later rounds

Wouldnt take him any higher than the 4th. Was a 2nd/3rd rounder before he had all his off field issues. Hes a starting Special Teamer but nothing more at this point. Has the potential to be a good DB but probable a Career Nickle CB. We have bigger holes and its a deep DB Class to rick him that high.

I wouldn't hate the pick but I'm guessing I wouldn't love it either. It really depends on who's available and who they end up passing on to draft him. 3rd round is prime position to pickup on the guys who dropped and get some good value. I wouldn't mind Mathieu because he can do a lot of different things but I'd love him a lot more if the Giants got him in the 4th.

Do not believe anyone who says Tyrann is a good cover corner. Maybe he will become 1, but anyone saying he is a cover guy is full of it. The reason I say this is because whoever said that is guessing. Tyrann has very little experince actually covering guys. He has a ton of experience in zone schemes in a safety position but the last time he played cornerback he was the 3rd option on his team and never once was asked to cover a top notch wr.

He will get drafted because he has instincts. He is a ball hawk. He is a dominant special teamer. But if you rate him purely on his ability to cover a wr, then he is a late round pick or possibly even undrafted. He has the tools, but he isnt even remotely proven. People comparing him to Janoris Jenkins are wrong. JJ was an amazing cover corner and had proven that. TM is a bigger gamble than Janoris was,

I'm pretty sure people here are aware he's no cover corner....at least I would think they are. His intangibles are what makes him an interesting prospect IMO. The ability to return punts and kicks, gunner on ST's, nickel/slot corner and maybe even a little safety is what I feel are the attributes he brings... He offers that "plug and play" type skill set.

He is a gamble though but I feel he has the talent to take a chance on. Still would rather have him in the 4th though as opposed to the 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotajoe View Post
    Looking a little closer his skill-set seems to be best matched against a slot receiver rather than the outside. I can't say I agree with Deon Sanders calling him a day one starting #1 CB but I think he can be very productive if used correctly.
    When you look at it, his skillsets are like more of that of a LB. He's a package player, which is hardly worth the third rounder for the Giants when there should be more boundary corners available there.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I'm pretty sure people here are aware he's no cover corner.
    I should have quoted sorry, but I was responding in particular to someone in this very thread who did say he is a great cover guy.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I should have quoted sorry, but I was responding in particular to someone in this very thread who did say he is a great cover guy.
    No worries....I must have missed that too. Not sure why anyone would make a statement like that from watching him play.