+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I say tyrann matheiu in 3rd round if he is there

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    That actually made me laugh. Pound for pound the guys a beast at cb and yes special teams. I love the pick in 3rd round
    Per the pro scouts, they feel he has too many red flags and may not have the strength in the pros, only doing 4 reps with the weights.
    If the Giants like him, I hope they look at him as early as the 4th round or later, if he is available. He can be a good return man on ST and another cog in the wheel in the secondary, although we do have Hosley.

Def want the Honeybadger in the 3rd, he may even be selected by some thirsty team before us lol

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Do not believe anyone who says Tyrann is a good cover corner. Maybe he will become 1, but anyone saying he is a cover guy is full of it. The reason I say this is because whoever said that is guessing. Tyrann has very little experince actually covering guys. He has a ton of experience in zone schemes in a safety position but the last time he played cornerback he was the 3rd option on his team and never once was asked to cover a top notch wr.

He will get drafted because he has instincts. He is a ball hawk. He is a dominant special teamer. But if you rate him purely on his ability to cover a wr, then he is a late round pick or possibly even undrafted. He has the tools, but he isnt even remotely proven. People comparing him to Janoris Jenkins are wrong. JJ was an amazing cover corner and had proven that. TM is a bigger gamble than Janoris was,
    ok so he is a ball hawk but can't cover? He's all over the place. Please explain. He was almost a top 10 cb outta high school and although he did not play the position much in college he is very capable. I guess he sucks and shouldn't have gotten a heisman invite too? U guys crap me up. I'm wishing hosely well but he certainly hasn't secured the job yet n we def need a cb this draft. I'd love Rhodes in the 1st but not trufant. What cb would u suggest in mid rounds?

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Let me guess.. Websters gonna bounce back? lol

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Here u guys can have a field day w this
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-respects-him/

- Homer J. Simpson

ok so he is a ball hawk but can't cover? He's all over the place. Please explain. He was almost a top 10 cb outta high school and although he did not play the position much in college he is very capable. I guess he sucks and shouldn't have gotten a heisman invite too? U guys crap me up. I'm wishing hosely well but he certainly hasn't secured the job yet n we def need a cb this draft. I'd love Rhodes in the 1st but not trufant. What cb would u suggest in mid rounds?
    Ball hawk =/ good cover guy

Stevie Brown is a ball hawk but at the same time, there were plenty of moments where he was either in the wrong spot, took a poor angle, or was simply beat in coverage by a superior player. KP is one of the best deep safeties in the league because he is rarely out of position but he didn't have natural instincts to come up with a bunch of interceptions. Those are safety examples but the same comparisons can easily be done for CBs.

Veteran
    I would be disgusted.

ok so he is a ball hawk but can't cover?
    Put him on a WR and tell him to cover them and he struggles.

Thats why LSU played him so often at linebacker and safety.

I have a much more difficult time with Mathieu than I did with Jenkins.

Jenkins wasent close to as physical, but he could cover. Could put him outside against a WR and have a decent matchup there.

Not so with Mathieu.

And really, I wouldnt call him a ball hawk either, he had 4 picks in college. 2 a year. Thats decent, but hes not a ball hawk like that.

So many of his plays were instead him forcing fumbles, or getting sacks or tackles for a loss, or recovering fumbles or blitzing and knocking the ball down.

His skill set is almost entirely that of a linebacker. He just has the size of a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Ball hawk =/ good cover guy

Stevie Brown is a ball hawk but at the same time, there were plenty of moments where he was either in the wrong spot, took a poor angle, or was simply beat in coverage by a superior player. KP is one of the best deep safeties in the league because he is rarely out of position but he didn't have natural instincts to come up with a bunch of interceptions. Those are safety examples but the same comparisons can easily be done for CBs.
    U have Wreh Wilson going in the 2nd round of your mock.. I know he will still be around in the 3rd and I would hate to pick him over Matheiu. Do u think he'd bring more to the organization than matheiu? I can't see that at all

- Homer J. Simpson

U have Wreh Wilson going in the 2nd round of your mock.. I know he will still be around in the 3rd and I would hate to pick him over Matheiu. Do u think he'd bring more to the organization than matheiu? I can't see that at all
    agree with you there. Mattheiu is a rare playmaker, he made a huge impact on college football, just watch his highlights, the turnovers he created he was in on almost every defensive play. Not to mention his KO , PR ability...3rd round for sure.

+ Reply to Thread