+ Reply to Thread

New GiantPride Mock 3/26/13

1st – DE – Bjoern Werner (FSU) / Damontre Moore (TA&M) – Both of these guys are in the same boat. Both are top 10 talents that have fallen due to poor combines despite their great seasons/careers and game film. If either of them falls to 19 (which it appears they will) then they would be a steal and get the GMen DE pass rush back up to tops in the league. Tuck, JPP, Kiwi, Werner/Moore looks a lot better than Tuck, JPP, OSI.

2nd – OLB – Sio Moore (UConn) – my personal favorite LB in the draft. 6’1”, 245lbs, 4.65 40yrd dash, 29 reps @225, 38” Vertical, 10’07” Broad jump. Absolute Freak Athlete! Can cover TEs and RBs as well as rush the passer. Solid tackler, doesn’t get out of position in space. Better LB than any we have on our roster now, no offense to JWill.

3rd – OG/OT – Brian Winters (Kent State) – Very versatile young OLmen. He has great lateral movement and plays tough and mean. Stereotypical size for an NFL OL. Surprised me with his athleticism at his pro day. Can play both OG or OT – I see him more of a OG in the NFL but the versatility is a plus, especially with our current line situation and age.

4th – CB – Brandon McGee (Miami) – Underrated CB and one of my sleeper picks. Very tough, ended career with 24 straight starts. Fast enough to keep up with any deep threat (4.4 40yd). very patient DB with good footwork and ball skills. Solid Tackler. Would be a higher pick if Miami’s Pass Rush didn’t suck so bad that it made their secondary look weaker than it was. McGee is the one bright spot for that D.

5th – TE – Nick Kasa (Colo) – Big TE 6’6” and 269lbs but remains fast enough to be a factor in the passing game (4.7 40yd). Is a mean blocker who has surprisingly soft hands. Had a team high 15.6 yards per reception this year. We need a good blocking TE and Kasa is just that. Converted from a DE and understands how to block DEs. He is still developing as a TE and will only get better!

6th – RB – Zac Stacy (Vandy) – MOST UNDERATED PLAYER IN THE DRAFT! Is a bowling ball of a RB. Reminds me of Ray Rice to be honest. 5’9” 215lbs and very shifty but runs with power. Another freak athlete, he is extremely explosive. Has a workhorse mentality and can run the ball 20+ times a game.

7th – S – Duke Williams (Nevada) – Good Athlete. Great Tackler (106 in 2012). Hits like a truck forcing 3 fumbles and recovering 2 more. Also is disruptive in the passing game, 8 pass deflections, but little ball skills. Reminds me of Rolle to be honest.

7th – QB – Peter Lalich (Cal Penn) – Was a D1 recruit and started his career with Virginia but was released do to a Underage Drinking incident. He transferred to Oregon State but again a drinking incident ended with his dismissal from the program. He eventually ended up playing for a DII California University of Pennsylvania where he had a great end to his career. Every College kid drinks and he made some mistakes and was very unlucky but not a bad kid, no a drug abuser, was just a young dumb kid. Now on to football. The kid can play QB in the NFL. No QB in this class can throw like him. He throws a tighter spiral with more arm strength and accuracy than anyone at the combine. He absolutely dominated the competition at DII, 335 yards a game and 31 TDs. He is prototype NFL QB at 6’5” 245lbs but the most impressive part of this kid’s game is between his ears. His coaches have praised his Football IQ and have gone so far as to call him a Football Savant. Would be great to pick him up and see how he develops.

What do you all think?

I'm on board with almost all of this, except the last one. (In case my ogletree hate doesn't make it clear, I kind of have a thing about mixing irresponsibility and drinking). But it's a 7th round comp pick, not terribly worried about it if he ends up getting picked. Just as with Ogletree, if JR does pull the trigger, I will assume he does so with due diligence in researching the player history...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I'm on board with almost all of this, except the last one. (In case my ogletree hate doesn't make it clear, I kind of have a thing about mixing irresponsibility and drinking). But it's a 7th round comp pick, not terribly worried about it if he ends up getting picked. Just as with Ogletree, if JR does pull the trigger, I will assume he does so with due diligence in researching the player history...
    I am not a fan of any player with character issues. but AB in the 7th had much bigger character issue then this kid. an 18-19 year old who drinks doesnt count to me. i was a 18-22 year old two sport college athlete i drank

I like it and I am too willing to give kids with DUI's a pass if the yeam is comfortable doing so. I absolutely love zac stacy and also miguel maysonnet...either on would make a fine NYG. Kasa was the kid who got asked all those gay related questions, right? arthur brown would also be a nice 2nd round pick but I admit, I do not know a lot about moore. werner would be silly if he fell to us,,does he have the spped of the edge for the NFL though, my only concern about him. nice job.
    Last edited by ELI_HOF_NYG; 03-26-2013 at 05:58 PM.

Definitely intrigued by your write up of Lalich. Never heard of him, gonna go check out some tape. I'm familiar with everyone else and I like it. Very reasonable and good position distribution.

Super mock draft my friend! Just super!!!! This is probably one of my favorite mocks.. Werner is the guy i want most in RD1, and Sio Moore is a versatile LB, who can play multiple spots across the LB core, and rush the passer , plus defend the pass.. Hes a explosive athlete, whos a 3yr starter, and is a great 2nd rd pick for someone.. Brian Winters is another versatile player who can play G/T, and i've seen Kent St a few times, and everytime, he stuck out making great blocks all game long and protecting his QB while springing holes for the run game.. He's got a nice overall game, and the giants have shown intrest all ready.. Brandon McGee is a nice size/speed combo player, who looked great in practices during east/west shrine game.. He was a bit up and down during his career, but has the stuff u can't teach, which is size and speed.. Alittle coaching, and he could be a solid player, and Kasa and Stacy are both guys i could see excel with ELI.. Stacy makes for a great complement to Wilson, as he can be our in between tackles runner and can catch the ball on 3rd downs, and Kasa has a ton of upside , and is a athlete.. Duke Williams won't be around in the 7th, but if he is, makes for a great pickup, and i know little about lalich, but am willing to take a stab at a late developmental QB if the giants want, because we don't have much there going forward.. Brad Sorensen is a intersting prospect and Sean Renfree of Duke as well..

I agree about Stacy being similar to Ray Rice.. They both excel at dissapearing in a pile and popping out the other side, and both are shifty inside runners, who can catch the football, and are wiley in the open field, and can be workhorses if need be on any given wk...

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    I like it and I am too willing to give kids with DUI's a pass if the yeam is comfortable doing so. I absolutely love zac stacy and also miguel maysonnet...either on would make a fine NYG. Kasa was the kid who got asked all those gay related questions, right? arthur brown would also be a nice 2nd round pick but I admit, I do not know a lot about moore. werner would be silly if he fell to us,,does he have the spped of the edge for the NFL though, my only concern about him. nice job.
    Brown is a similar freak athlete as Sio Moore... I just dont see him being around that late. Most likely gone in the late 1st round.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I agree about Stacy being similar to Ray Rice.. They both excel at dissapearing in a pile and popping out the other side, and both are shifty inside runners, who can catch the football, and are wiley in the open field, and can be workhorses if need be on any given wk...
    I have been really high on him for a while now. so explosive for a 5'9'' guy. Love those short bulky RBs like rice & MJD. Cant find them behind the OL and cant get lower than them to take em down.