+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    DJ Fluker
    Bingo....I've actually seen him mocked to us a few times & I cringe. ...I haven't read a word about him that didn't refer to his crappy pass protection...

Sheldon Richardson, another Marvin Austin
    Johnathan Banks (Xavier Rhodes is so much better)
    Mingo even though he's athletic and all, rather werner, ansah, okafor...
    Demontre Moore--over rated..looks like a bust lol

Would Love
    Coradelle Patterson
    Khaseem Greene
    Kawaan Short( showed up int he senior bowl too and can block FG's.)
    Rhodes
    Werner

Veteran
    I'll be pissed if we draft a guard.

So the consensus here is that there is nobody the giants can pick that someone wont hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    I'll be pissed if we draft a guard.
    you would be pissed with Warmack or Cooper..?

ogeltree

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    you would be pissed with Warmack or Cooper..?
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    So the consensus here is that there is nobody the giants can pick that someone wont hate.
    I cant think of a year that I have been on these boards where there werent a flood of negative responses to who we drafted.

2006 - complaints because Kiwi had a bad senoir bowl week where Dbrickashaw Ferguson has his way with Kiwi. People in these board erupted when we picked him because a jets pick had beaten up a Giants pick that offseason. Turned out later that Kiwi was pretty sick the entire senior bowl week.

2007 - Aaron Ross. People complained mostly because he wasnt Paul Posluszny others where angry the Jets got ahead of us ro draft Revis.

2008 - KP. People complained that safeties arent worth 1st round picks because they dont touch the ball enough, or some other such nonsense. Most on these boards wanted us to take Dan Connor in the 1st(he ended up going in the 3rd so they remained quiet after the draft.)

2009 - Nicks. People on these boards loved Kenny Britt andJeremy Maclin. Nicks was much less popular than those other wrs on these boards.

2010 - JPP- people complained back flips do not a good football player make. They also said he was a project player who had a huge chance of being a bust. These boards were overrun with crying for Sean Witherspoon prior to , and after the draft.

2011 - Prince- prolly the fewest complaints about this pick, but still a good number. Several people wanted Jimmy Smith over Prince. Some people complained that he must have fallen for a reason and that we were duped.

2012 - Wilson - Too many reasons to list. People complained about Tampa trading up ahead of us and taking Doug Martin. People complained we didnt need a RB. People complained a RB isnt worth a 1st round pick. I could go on but this 1 is still fresh in people's memory and I am sure people can remember for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I cant think of a year that I have been on these boards where there werent a flood of negative responses to who we drafted.

2006 - complaints because Kiwi had a bad senoir bowl week where Dbrickashaw Ferguson has his way with Kiwi. People in these board erupted when we picked him because a jets pick had beaten up a Giants pick that offseason. Turned out later that Kiwi was pretty sick the entire senior bowl week.

2007 - Aaron Ross. People complained mostly because he wasnt Paul Posluszny others where angry the Jets got ahead of us ro draft Revis.

2008 - KP. People complained that safeties arent worth 1st round picks because they dont touch the ball enough, or some other such nonsense. Most on these boards wanted us to take Dan Connor in the 1st(he ended up going in the 3rd so they remained quiet after the draft.)

2009 - Nicks. People on these boards loved Kenny Britt andJeremy Maclin. Nicks was much less popular than those other wrs on these boards.

2010 - JPP- people complained back flips do not a good football player make. They also said he was a project player who had a huge chance of being a bust. These boards were overrun with crying for Sean Witherspoon prior to , and after the draft.

2011 - Prince- prolly the fewest complaints about this pick, but still a good number. Several people wanted Jimmy Smith over Prince. Some people complained that he must have fallen for a reason and that we were duped.

2012 - Wilson - Too many reasons to list. People complained about Tampa trading up ahead of us and taking Doug Martin. People complained we didnt need a RB. People complained a RB isnt worth a 1st round pick. I could go on but this 1 is still fresh in people's memory and I am sure people can remember for themselves.
    I don't remember anyone being unhappy about drafting Nicks. And Maclin was already gone. (thank God).
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I don't remember anyone being unhappy about drafting Nicks. And Maclin was already gone. (thank God).
    The already gone argument doesnt really work tho. Revis was already gone when we picked Ross, people complained. Doug Martin was gone when we picked Wilson, people are still complaining.

Don't get me wrong, there are always people who are happy with our picks but there were definitely posters who wanted Maclin and especially Britt more than Nicks. They complained in posts at the time. My point is that I think sometimes people fall in love with certain picks too much and also fall out of love ith certain players a bit too much too.

Take Ogletree for example. Imagine if we picked him come draft day how these forums would react. There would be a lot of cheers and some very vocal Jeers as well.