+ Reply to Thread

Must Play Better At Home

Why have we lost THREE straight home games? We lost to Philly, Green Bay and Washington. Where is the home field advantage? We need our best home effort of the season on Sunday Night. I know we can turn this around and make the Giants unstoppable at home!!

Make some noise home crowd!!!

Veteran

Re: Must Play Better At Home

[quote user="wgsgiants"]

Why have we lost THREE straight home games? We lost to Philly, Green Bay and Washington. Where is the home field advantage? We need our best home effort of the season on Sunday Night. I know we can turn this around and make the Giants unstoppable at home!!

[/quote]

seems like ELi and the WRs cant throw or catch in windy cold conditions

[quote user="Wes"][quote user="wgsgiants"]

Why have we lost THREE straight home games?* We lost to Philly, Green Bay and Washington.* Where is the home field advantage?* We need our best home effort of the season on Sunday Night.* I know we can turn this around and make the Giants unstoppable at home!!*

[/quote]

[/quote]

It will help a great deal if we also have Manningham and ballard back. It is very disheartening that we are a potential playoff team with a below 500 record at home.

[quote user="BklynBlue"][quote user="Wes"][quote user="wgsgiants"]

Why have we lost THREE straight home games?* We lost to Philly, Green Bay and Washington.* Where is the home field advantage?* We need our best home effort of the season on Sunday Night.* I know we can turn this around and make the Giants unstoppable at home!!*

[/quote]

[/quote]

It will help a great deal if we also have Manningham and ballard back. It is very disheartening that we are a potential playoff team with a below 500 record at home.[/quote]

Disheartening? I would call it downright sickening.....

[quote user="Captain Chaos"][quote user="BklynBlue"][quote user="Wes"][quote user="wgsgiants"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It will help a great deal if we also have Manningham and ballard back. It is very disheartening that we are a potential playoff team with a below 500 record at home.[/quote]

Disheartening? I would call it downright sickening.....[/quote]

This is really nothing new. Our passing game has never been good in cold weather and, frankly, this team doesn't have the mental toughness to put up with the short-tempered home crowd.

New York isn't a place like Pittsburgh or Green Bay where the crowd is going to be loud and into it no matter what. That's just the difference between a "city" crowd and a "country" crowd.

I also think the fact that we play in a neutered (read: shared) stadium with that NFL logo at midfield doesn't help our home field advantage.

I thought the Giants played well against Green Bay. The Packers just had the ball last and got a FG.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

[quote user="Antwuan"]I thought the Giants played well against Green Bay. The Packers just had the ball last and got a FG.[/quote]

That's really the exception. We've also had no-shows against Washington and Philly.

It's easy for the team to get fired up for Green Bay, but I get the impression that playing for Tom Coughlin in front of that type of home crowd is just a grind for these players on a week-to-week basis. I have a hard time seeing how that's a fun environment to play in, and I feel like it explains the lack of enthusiasm we see on a regular basis.

[quote user="Antwuan"]I thought the Giants played well against Green Bay. The Packers just had the ball last and got a FG.[/quote]

That's really the exception. We've also had no-shows against Washington and Philly.

It's easy for the team to get fired up for Green Bay, but I get the impression that playing for Tom Coughlin in front of that type of home crowd is just a grind for these players on a week-to-week basis. I have a hard time seeing how that's a fun environment to play in, and I feel like it explains the lack of enthusiasm we see on a regular basis.

Veteran

[quote user="wgsgiants"]

[/quote]

Playing at home seems to suck for us.... this is why I feel strongly we should sell the stadium to the JETS... and become the first HOMELESS team.... we just seem to do better on the road... lol

Veteran

[quote user="wgsgiants"]

[/quote]

Playing at home seems to suck for us.... this is why I feel strongly we should sell the stadium to the JETS... and become the first HOMELESS team.... we just seem to do better on the road... lol