+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I'm not really high on Mingo as some of the others here are (not that he'll likely be available anyway). Not a fan of Montgomery either. Especially when he admitted to taking games off.....that was a deal breaker for me.

Minter I'd be okay with...I think he's the kind of guy that may slip to them in the 3rd and it would be great value. Eric Reid is nice and Mathieu is interesting if he can be had in the 4th or later (but I doubt it).

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I'm not really high on Mingo as some of the others here are (not that he'll likely be available anyway). Not a fan of Montgomery either. Especially when he admitted to taking games off.....that was a deal breaker for me.

Minter I'd be okay with...I think he's the kind of guy that may slip to them in the 3rd and it would be great value. Eric Reid is nice and Mathieu is interesting if he can be had in the 4th or later (but I doubt it).
    I don't think Minter lasts till the 3rd at least not to where we are. Sucks because I like the player but I don't know if I am willing to take him in the 2nd. I like Reid a lot, it surprises me that he isn't talked about much but if he's there in the 2nd I take him.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfam04 View Post
    I don't think Minter lasts till the 3rd at least not to where we are. Sucks because I like the player but I don't know if I am willing to take him in the 2nd. I like Reid a lot, it surprises me that he isn't talked about much but if he's there in the 2nd I take him.
    I usually just go with my gut on some players. Last year I had a mock with Bobby Massie going in the 3rd and got blasted by people here and on other draft forums....he ended up going in the 4th. Minter is a guy who is solid in all areas but doesn't have the eye popping athleticism at the position that could sway teams decision to take him high IMO. I always had him pegged as a 2nd round prospect earlier in the year when people had him in the 1st. Now I have him late 2nd/3rd round.

Not sure if he makes it to the Giants and I could be totally wrong about where he goes overall....but right now I think he could be one of those guys that slides and ends up being a great value pick for some team.

Coughlin had his eye on the Honeybadger, they took a heck of an athlete all around back in Wilson, wouldn't surprise if he's there in the third, they would select him. Wouldn't mind Bennie Logan, thought he was always in the backfield making plays with Montgomery, but will likely not be there in the 4th. Plus we have Jenkins. I see DT and OL(Guard particularly, next draft)

Tharold Simon is also an intriguing prospect. He has great size and good coverage ability. He didnt get a lot of reps because of Patrick Peterson, Morris Claiborne, Ron Brooks. He is a good player.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeyitus View Post
    Tharold Simon is also an intriguing prospect. He has great size and good coverage ability. He didnt get a lot of reps because of Patrick Peterson, Morris Claiborne, Ron Brooks. He is a good player.
    pass on simon,,when a head coach goes out of his way to let NFL teams know a player is basically a cancer that is good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    pass on simon,,when a head coach goes out of his way to let NFL teams know a player is basically a cancer that is good enough for me.
    That was Montgomery...not Simon. Simon ran a 4.39 yesterday at his pro day. With his size and coverage ability, he has probably moved into the second round range. There are so many corners in this draft!

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    That was Montgomery...not Simon. Simon ran a 4.39 yesterday at his pro day. With his size and coverage ability, he has probably moved into the second round range. There are so many corners in this draft!
    Where did you read this info? I have done a search and find conflicting reports. One news oulet has him running pretty much the same 40 time at 4.50, another said he imprvoed to the 4.44-4.49 range. So which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by shane4177 View Post
    Where did you read this info? I have done a search and find conflicting reports. One news oulet has him running pretty much the same 40 time at 4.50, another said he imprvoed to the 4.44-4.49 range. So which is it?
    All i have seen is a 4.51 timed speed, which doesnt concern me. TT lacks speed, but his football IQ and size allows him to compensate. Simon is an intriguing prospect that would be a great selection in the Third or Fourth round.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **