+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The defense scares me

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hugehomer View Post
    The Giants dont have a DT that demands double teams and cant be moved easily. It wont be Austin. He cant anchor.
    You know what will fix that? THE LBZ!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Blue View Post
    please elaborate
    3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out, turnover, opposing offense gets a lucky deep score, 3 and out, special teams forces a turnover, offense gives up a defensive score, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Wow.

Double WOW

I briefly skimmed the thread...
    I am not a fan of the prevent defense. I don't necessarily believe the only important stat is points allowed. If you're giving up 100-200 yards rushing almost every game, and making every opposing QB look like Joe Montana, your defense is 1. Getting Tired 2. Keeping our offense off the field, making them play hurry up mode late in the game.

Maybe the reason our defense always looked tired/injured last year was because they were on the field for way too long? I have no idea, just a theory. But yeah, if you only give up 14 points, that's great..but judging how our offense struggled last year with scoring in the red zone...that's very scary. You can't always depend on your offense to bail you out, and vice versa.

As of now, I can say it looks scary, but the we aren't done with pay cuts (I think) or the draft. So I'll wait until the 53 man roster.
    I thought we had something special!!!

Our defense was hurt by the inability of our offense to sustain drives and control the time of possession. That, and their own struggles regardless of what the O was doing lead to an awful year.

I could care less about the offensive stats that might say otherwise, I know what I see.
    Last edited by CowboysSuck; 03-31-2013 at 04:10 PM.

All-Pro
    The offense got a pass last year because of stats.
    Last edited by Buddy333; 03-31-2013 at 04:13 PM.

I think JPP will be back to form next year, Kiwi moving back to DE will help, I like Prince and Stevie Brown a lot, and Will hill has potential, biggest issue is our other safety and cb position, and linebacker

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Our defense was hurt by the inability of our offense to sustain drives and control the time of possession. That, and their own struggles regardless of what the O was doing lead to an awful year.

I could care less about the offensive stats that might say otherwise, I know what I see.
    The defense had just as much, if not more trouble with getting off the field as the offense had staying on it. Point in case, in the second Redskins game they allowed the Skins to hold the ball for 10:30 of the 4th quarter.

Save a few games, the offense had more trouble converting drives into TDs rather than FGs, than we did sustaining drives.

All-Pro
    Yeah Washington stayed on the field for over ten minutes, but hat means the Giants offense only stayed in the field for less than five.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Yeah Washington stayed on the field for over ten minutes, but hat means the Giants offense only stayed in the field for less than five.
    Right, because the defense couldn't get off of it. Hard to stay on the field when you only get the ball twice.

+ Reply to Thread