+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    All-Pro
    Right because the offense could not sustain a drive.
    Last edited by Buddy333; 03-31-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Right because the offense could not sustain a drive.
    The defense not being able to get off the field is their own fault.

some games the defense was on, some games they weren't. same could be said about the offense, also with special teams. I remember 2 games that we could have won but Tynes missed the crucial field goal.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    The defense not being able to get off the field is their own fault.
    The offense not being able to sustain a drive is their fault.

The defense had just as much, if not more trouble with getting off the field as the offense had staying on it. Point in case, in the second Redskins game they allowed the Skins to hold the ball for 10:30 of the 4th quarter.

Save a few games, the offense had more trouble converting drives into TDs rather than FGs, than we did sustaining drives.
    There is no question that our mediocrity last season was a team effort.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    The offense not being able to sustain a drive is their fault.
    And again, the offense's main problem was not scoring TDs when they had the opportunity, not in not being able to sustain drives. IIRC, we had one of the most RZ trips in the entire NFL. That doesn't happen if we don't have sustained offensive drives. Our problem was we too often bogged down in the RZ, causing us to settle for far too many 3s instead of 7s.

And in that Redskins game, the fault for the Skins ToP is completely on the defense. They just got completely manhandled in the second half of that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    There is no question that our mediocrity last season was a team effort.
    Save for Weatherford and Wilson on STs, I agree that the entire team was entirely way too inconsistent.

The problem wasn't getting down the field, it was scoring.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

I agree with the OP's main thought, this defense scares the crap out of me. It's hasn't been good the past couple of seasons and I'm ready for an overhaul. Biggest white elephant in the room is whether or not Tuck can still be an effective player. He hasn't played well for a couple of seasons now and last year he seemed relatively healthy.

Maybe the league has simply figured him out and how to nullify him, particularly as an inside rusher where he used to be so effective.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

The defense had just as much, if not more trouble with getting off the field as the offense had staying on it. Point in case, in the second Redskins game they allowed the Skins to hold the ball for 10:30 of the 4th quarter.Save a few games, the offense had more trouble converting drives into TDs rather than FGs, than we did sustaining drives.
    While I sort of agree with you about the offense not being able to stay on the field, it's not their entirely fault the defense couldn't get off. The defense was older, but now I see it as revitalized. Plug in a good draft and it will be on fire. As for the offense not sustaining drives, Cruz, Wilson, and Bennett had the load really. Hakeem was injured the majority of last year, Andre and Bradshaw were injured towards the 2nd half of season, Louis Murphy was not even on roster, Randle was a Rookie, and Robinson was injured too. So throw in Hynocerous and Pascoe, along with Eli and an Average O-line, and we were just that. Average. But this year?! WHOAAHH!!!

Healthy Nicks? Check
    2nd year pro Randle? Check
    Healthy Andre? Check
    Emergence of Wilson? Check
    Return of Cruz? Check sort of.( hope he signs deal soon. )
    New Louis Murphy? Check( let's hope he can be productive too.)
    Henry Hynoski too? Check
    New Brandon Myers? Check
    Pascoe as well? Check
    Healthy Robinson? Check
    ELIte QB? Check

But the big one, solidified O-LINE? Ehh. RT needs to be addressed. Otherwise, it's gonna be a bright year!!
    Last edited by Sean Montemayor; 04-01-2013 at 02:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mercurio View Post
    JR is the GIANTS GM as TC is the coach and Eli is the QB. Support them.
    Couldn't have said it better.