+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manti Teo

Manti Teo

Teo will be returning to school.....after the year burfict had,I expect the same out of him.....We've all been hoping for Kuechly,what would we do if he doesn't declare for the draft? That would leave Zach Brown as the only 1st round worthy LB.....
    after this season ,idk how for one second anyone can assume our LBs will all asudden become elite....
    We actually need two LBs,even when healthy Goff was average at best & he's going to be a that's straight off IR....& we literally have no SLB.....

Veteran

Re: Manti Teo

While Kuechly is a great prospect, Zach Brown's athleticism and potential seem too much to pass up. Besides Kuechly will be gone when we pick.

Veteran

I think right now the lb corps is best described as a question mark.

The rookies all showed flashes. However, given the lack of veteran leadership back there, the absurd amount of turnover on the defense this year, and the complete lack of a preseason make evaluating them problematic.

Likewise, Goff and Sintim were both looking very good this preseason, but how/if they come back OS an unknown.

Regardless of if we want to assign a positive, negative, or neutral connotation to those questions, its the coaches and front office who get to see the tools every day, and are watching the various rehabs. They know FAR better than we what the future looks like.

[quote user="Raptor22"]I think right now the lb corps is best described as a question mark.

The rookies all showed flashes. However, given the lack of veteran leadership back there, the absurd amount of turnover on the defense this year, and the complete lack of a preseason make evaluating them problematic.

Likewise, Goff and Sintim were both looking very good this preseason, but how/if they come back OS an unknown.

Regardless of if we want to assign a positive, negative, or neutral connotation to those questions, its the coaches and front office who get to see the tools every day, and are watching the various rehabs. They know FAR better than we what the future looks like.[/quote]Just based on our LB play for years now, it would be insane to assume these guys are going to all a sudden come along......weather it's a high pick or FA signing, something needs to be done.....if guys like sintim & goff end up being stars, then even better, but it would be a huge risk to think 2012 will be any different than the past years....

[quote user="Spizi"]While Kuechly is a great prospect, Zach Brown's athleticism and potential seem too much to pass up. Besides Kuechly will be gone when we pick.[/quote] I've Seen Kuechly take down Lamar miller in Space with Lamar getting a head of steam up and make ridiculous INT and Runback for a TD in the same game His athletic ability is far and away the most unappreciated i've seen in awhile! I've seen at least 3-4 BC games this yr and each one I'm left drewling over Kuechly!!lol Hes sensational! hes the full package! I'd much rather have Kuechly over Brown albeit Brown is also a very good LB who i'd be fine with selecting As u said though Kuechly will be long gone Hes not gonna make it to pick 15 mark it down!

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Spizi"]While Kuechly is a great prospect, Zach Brown's athleticism and potential seem too much to pass up. Besides Kuechly will be gone when we pick.[/quote] I've Seen Kuechly take down Lamar miller in Space with Lamar getting a head of steam up and make ridiculous INT and Runback for a TD in the same game His athletic ability is far and away the most unappreciated i've seen in awhile! I've seen at least 3-4 BC games this yr and each one I'm left drewling over Kuechly!!lol Hes sensational! hes the full package! I'd much rather have Kuechly over Brown albeit Brown is also a very good LB who i'd be fine with selecting As u said though Kuechly will be long gone Hes not gonna make it to pick 15 mark it down!
    [/quote]

I believe jwilliams will be our starter next yr opp side of boley. Hes done ok for a rookie, and we all cried for rookies to get their shot, he got it n i believe they move fwd with him as their starter. mlb is a huge ? but i wldnt be surprised if JR stubbornesssticks with herz goff n jones. opting not to pick a mlb 1st rd. i havent seen enough of herzlich to give a fair assessment. I think DB is much more of a pressing need, planning for the future

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Spizi"]While Kuechly is a great prospect, Zach Brown's athleticism and potential seem too much to pass up. Besides Kuechly will be gone when we pick.[/quote]* I've Seen Kuechly take down Lamar miller in Space with Lamar getting a head of steam up and* make ridiculous INT and Runback for a TD in the same game*** His athletic ability is far and away the most unappreciated i've seen in awhile! I've seen at least 3-4 BC games this yr* and each one** I'm left drewling over Kuechly!!lol* Hes sensational!*** hes the full package!* I'd much rather have* Kuechly over Brown*** albeit* Brown is also a very good LB who i'd be fine with selecting**** As u said though* Kuechly will be long gone*** Hes not gonna make it to pick 15*** mark it down!
    [/quote]

I believe jwilliams will be our starter next yr opp side of boley.* Hes done ok for a rookie, and we all cried for rookies to get their shot, he got it n i believe they move fwd with him as their starter.* mlb is a huge ? but i wldnt be surprised if JR stubborness*sticks with herz goff n jones.* opting not to pick* a mlb 1st rd.* i havent seen enough of herzlich to give a fair assessment.* I think DB is much more of a pressing need, planning for* the future

[/quote]Going with what we have at LB is the same crap we've done for years now & it's still the weakest part of our team.....going into 2012 without adding a legit LB or 2 will be a huge mistake, if JR gambles on that again he needs to be shown the door....

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Spizi"]While Kuechly is a great prospect, Zach Brown's athleticism and potential seem too much to pass up. Besides Kuechly will be gone when we pick.[/quote]* I've Seen Kuechly take down Lamar miller in Space with Lamar getting a head of steam up and* make ridiculous INT and Runback for a TD in the same game*** His athletic ability is far and away the most unappreciated i've seen in awhile! I've seen at least 3-4 BC games this yr* and each one** I'm left drewling over Kuechly!!lol* Hes sensational!*** hes the full package!* I'd much rather have* Kuechly over Brown*** albeit* Brown is also a very good LB who i'd be fine with selecting**** As u said though* Kuechly will be long gone*** Hes not gonna make it to pick 15*** mark it down!
    [/quote]

Now that the season's over I've finally got to really watch Kuechly and I too am just amazed by his play. He is obviously not on Brown's level of athleticism but he is actually a very good athlete. Not to mention he is just a natural. Right now he is my number 1 target in the first.

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Spizi"]While Kuechly is a great prospect, Zach Brown's athleticism and potential seem too much to pass up. Besides Kuechly will be gone when we pick.[/quote] I've Seen Kuechly take down Lamar miller in Space with Lamar getting a head of steam up and make ridiculous INT and Runback for a TD in the same game His athletic ability is far and away the most unappreciated i've seen in awhile! I've seen at least 3-4 BC games this yr and each one I'm left drewling over Kuechly!!lol Hes sensational! hes the full package! I'd much rather have Kuechly over Brown albeit Brown is also a very good LB who i'd be fine with selecting As u said though Kuechly will be long gone Hes not gonna make it to pick 15 mark it down!
    [/quote]

I believe jwilliams will be our starter next yr opp side of boley. Hes done ok for a rookie, and we all cried for rookies to get their shot, he got it n i believe they move fwd with him as their starter. mlb is a huge ? but i wldnt be surprised if JR stubbornesssticks with herz goff n jones. opting not to pick a mlb 1st rd. i havent seen enough of herzlich to give a fair assessment. I think DB is much more of a pressing need, planning for the future

[/quote]Going with what we have at LB is the same crap we've done for years now & it's still the weakest part of our team.....going into 2012 without adding a legit LB or 2 will be a huge mistake, if JR gambles on that again he needs to be shown the door....[/quote] We really should dedicate our entire draft to DEFENSE and at least the first 2rounds if not 3 We'll have to find Oline in FA'cy because we gotta hit that D with a infusion of talent to add to JPP/Prince/Linval/ Austin/j Williams/ etc etc I also say its time to see what u can get for guys like Tuck or Osi if not both and let Rolle walk! Time to weed out the guys who've been around for 3straight collaspses(if we fully collapse) They just lost there hunger after that SB or something! I've never seen anything like it! There basically invisiible 90pct of the time!

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="myles2424"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"]

[/quote]

I believe jwilliams will be our starter next yr opp side of boley.* Hes done ok for a rookie, and we all cried for rookies to get their shot, he got it n i believe they move fwd with him as their starter.* mlb is a huge ? but i wldnt be surprised if JR stubborness*sticks with herz goff n jones.* opting not to pick* a mlb 1st rd.* i havent seen enough of herzlich to give a fair assessment.* I think DB is much more of a pressing need, planning for* the future

[/quote]Going with what we have at LB is the same crap we've done for years now & it's still the weakest part of our team.....going into 2012 without adding a legit LB or 2 will be a huge mistake, if JR gambles on that again he needs to be shown the door....[/quote] We really should dedicate our entire draft to DEFENSE and at least the first 2rounds if not 3*** We'll have to find Oline in FA'cy because we gotta hit that D with a infusion of talent to add to JPP/Prince/Linval/ Austin/j Williams/ etc etc*** I also say its time to see what u can get for guys like Tuck or Osi if not both and* let Rolle walk!* Time to weed out the guys who've been around for 3straight collaspses(if we fully collapse)* They just lost there hunger after that SB or something! I've never seen anything like it! There basically invisiible 90pct of the time!

[/quote]

this exactly. we need a complete overhaul on defense.