+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vontaze Burfict PLEASE

Veteran

Re: Vontaze Burfict PLEASE

[quote user="burier"]Is anyone concerned about his rep as a dirty player?[/quote]

None whatsoever. On the contrary he would bring an edginess to the LB'ing core that has been sorely lacking for far too long.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

[quote user="TrueBlue07"]Yea, he is a top 10 guy, we most likely won't be in the top 10 regardless of Sunday's outcome, but could be like 13ish so moving up 5 spots or so isn't a huge leap. If we win we'd prob have to do a deal ala the Falcons for Jones last year. Our first rd pick, Osi, and another pick to move up that far? Does that get it done? Who knows.
    [/quote]

I would take him too, but I wouldn't move up for him. I've been screaming for an impact LB for the past few years, but I don't believe in trading up unless you're going for a possible franchise QB (ala Eli). I like Burfict's intensity and fury, but his seeming potential to be a headache is not worth trading other picks to move up for him. I know that most of you will disagree, but just my opinion.

But I do love his intensity, motor, and killer hits that makes. I hope that he's sitting there whenever it's our turn to pick (hopefully the last pick meaning that we've won the SB).

Veteran

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="burier"]Is anyone concerned about his rep as a dirty player?[/quote]

don't know much about him, whats the knock
    [/quote]

He leads with he head often and picks up a lot of personal foul penalties. However, it is not something that can't be rectified and harnessed for the better. His one of the most aggressive defensive players I have ever seen at the LB'er spot, that is not a bad thing. Check him out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7achvXsy3Q

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

[quote user="hungrrrry"]If he is ideal for the 1st round Reese won't take him...he never takes anLB in the 1st round and he will bank on him falling in a later round...hence we will miss out on him. We took Kiwi (who I like)instead of DeMarco Ryan, who was a dedicated LBm not a tweener. Ryan was a pro-bowler at LB. Could have had him. I think Reese passed on Clay Matthews and Cushing too if I remember right. We got Sintim...which has been a full-on 2nd round bust![/quote]

Cushing was taken 15th overall, Matthews 26th, and we drafted 29th and got Nicks

way off
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

ok I'm on board.

We need someone mean on our defense. We have too many nice guys.

But it seems he's a bit of a headcase soooo I hope Coughlin can deal with it.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="tonyt830"]lack of discipline equals fines, flags, and possible ejections/suspensions. Plus this year his numbers have dropped over last year. If Kuechly is available when the Giants pick, I'd prefer him over Burfict. Burfict may even slip to the 2nd rd in the draft.[/quote]

I would like to draft him, but I agree with you. We're not going to be loving him when he's getting 15-yard penalties left and right and that's why I wouldn't make any trades to move up to get him. I watched a youtube video (too lazy to get the link) in which he refused to come out of the game when his DC and HC wanted him to after he received an unsportsmanlike penalty.

But man, can he lay the wood on someone!

Veteran

[quote user="burier"]ok I'm on board. We need someone mean on our defense. We have too many nice guys. But it seems he's a bit of a headcase soooo I hope Coughlin can deal with it.[/quote]

He is not as big of headcase as some seem to think. This guy would be perfect for the Giants defense. If he can play with aggressiveness in the NFL like he did in college he'd be a freak of nature and would terrorize opposing offenses.

Veteran

[quote user="joeybagadonutz23"][quote user="TrueBlue07"]Yea, he is a top 10 guy, we most likely won't be in the top 10 regardless of Sunday's outcome, but could be like 13ish so moving up 5 spots or so isn't a huge leap. If we win we'd prob have to do a deal ala the Falcons for Jones last year. Our first rd pick, Osi, and another pick to move up that far? Does that get it done? Who knows.
    [/quote] Kuechly and Hightower should both go ahead of him, but I still think he's the guy that best fits us if it weren't for his tendency to foul other players, that doesn't really fit the Reese mold. However our defense needs some of that fire that he has. Having said that, I'm not getting my hopes up for a 1st round ILB ever again. We probably take another DE.[/quote]

Well, see, I thought that too, not the mold of a JR guy, but if you really think about it he kinda is. He has alot of raw athletic ability and a high motor guy (think JPP) and if being too motivated and aggressive is his only knock, I mean....not the worst knock.

Its our biggest need and it became all to obvious this year...he could single handedly cure our mobile QB problems, vick would think twice before running with this guy punishing him.

Hed make vick pay dearly everytime he thought about running.

I think he will be there in the 20s because most teams have hightower and Kuechly rated higher, but I dont lol. Hed be the right value...and if it took moving up 2-3 spots to get him itd be worth it.

yeah, he may get a penalty every once in a while, but i think the overall speed and potential outweigh it. He doesnt have off field issues, so youd like to believe your coaching staff and our vets could teach him out to use that passion to be a leader.

Veteran

[quote user="JJC7301"]

[quote user="tonyt830"]lack of discipline equals fines, flags, and possible ejections/suspensions. Plus this year his numbers have dropped over last year. If Kuechly is available when the Giants pick, I'd prefer him over Burfict. Burfict may even slip to the 2nd rd in the draft.[/quote]

I would like to draft him, but I agree with you. We're not going to be loving him when he's getting 15-yard penalties left and right and that's why I wouldn't make any trades to move up to get him. I watched a youtube video (too lazy to get the link) in which he refused to come out of the game when his DC and HC wanted him to after he received an unsportsmanlike penalty.

But man, can he lay the wood on someone!

[/quote]

really? thats one of the things i love about him. He is dedicated to winning and giving his all. Id be more concerned if he wanted to come out of the game in a key situation. Who cares if he gets an occasional foul...we need some fire and recklessness in our def. Lt would likely get fouls if he played today too, but would that make you not want a young LT again? You want a monster in the middle to pick up your guys when they are playing flat.

The MLB from the Rams and Sean Lee where both Second round picks and are good player my point dont trade up for a guy with question marks. If he is there and is at good value no matter what pick great. Reese has done pretty well. I hated the JPP pick but I guess I was wrong anf Reese was right

+ Reply to Thread