+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Vontaze Burfict PLEASE

Re: Vontaze Burfict PLEASE

Have any of you actually watched him play this year or are you just watching highlight videos on YouTube?

He was downright awful this year, in between his personal foul penalties you got to see him look completely lost, misread plays constantly, and just show his instincts are really subpar.

He is nowhere near being an elite prospect. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th round, no way would I draft him sooner.

Veteran

all im saying, with KP and rolle and JPP, tuck and this monster in the middle....kiwi too! Wed be the most feared def in the NFL period. I dont care if he leads with his head and puts vick down...or romo in the ER...so be it. As long as he can play with that passion and fire every game...our def would be scary and thats what you want. How do you game plan for tuck, jpp, kiwi and a monster like that in the middle. no qb would be safe or those tiny speed backs catching screens....wiped out completely...destroyed....heat seeking missle of a man i tell you.

Veteran

[quote user="slipknottin"]Have any of you actually watched him play this year or are you just watching highlight videos on YouTube? He was downright awful this year, in between his personal foul penalties you got to see him look completely lost, misread plays constantly, and just show his instincts are really subpar. He is nowhere near being an elite prospect. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th round, no way would I draft him sooner.[/quote]

well, i disagree, i think he will be the best LB out of this class. Teo will be a beast and i would of preferred him if he came out this year....but this guy is the only other LB i would want. I dont see what you saw. His numbers were down...but he didnt play awful. He did get held out of alot of games due to his agressiveness but his head coach was also a softie

Veteran

I live in GA, im a GA fan, and mark richt said it best when this guy destroyed GA when he said, this kid should be in the NFL right now.

[quote user="repeatchamps"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="burier"]Is anyone concerned about his rep as a dirty player?[/quote]

don't know much about him, whats the knock
    [/quote]

He leads with he head often and picks up a lot of personal foul penalties. However, it is not something that can't be rectified and harnessed for the better. His one of the most aggressive defensive players I have ever seen at the LB'er spot, that is not a bad thing. Check him out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7achvXsy3Q

[/quote]

I've never seen so many other players look like rag dolls when being hit by one guy. I'm surprised that I'm not seeing body parts flying all over the place. And when a player runs into him, they look they've just run into a wall and flop to the ground at awkward angles.

I like the opening still-shot of Burfict pointing to the opposing QB. I wouldn't trade up to get him, but this is DEFINITELY the attitude that this defense / team needs!! Love it!!

[quote user="Wes"]

[quote user="slipknottin"]Have any of you actually watched him play this year or are you just watching highlight videos on YouTube? He was downright awful this year, in between his personal foul penalties you got to see him look completely lost, misread plays constantly, and just show his instincts are really subpar. He is nowhere near being an elite prospect. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th round, no way would I draft him sooner.[/quote]

well, i disagree, i think he will be the best LB out of this class.* Teo will be a beast and i would of preferred him if he came out this year....but this guy is the only other LB i would want.* I dont see what you saw.* His numbers were down...but he didnt play awful.* He did get held out of alot of games due to his agressiveness but his head coach was also a softie

[/quote]
    I never saw anything from him this entire season that showed he should be anywhere close to being a 1st round pick.

I'd take Kuechly without a second thought

Veteran

I saw several games he played in this year. I see a freak of an athlete who probably was being disparaged by his coaching staff and lost some of his confidence. Erickson is a terrible coach always was and always will be. His players have always hated him. The best thing that could have happened to ASU was Erickson leaving. He would be a monster on the Giants defense. He's the perfect 4-3 MLB. His sideline to sideline speed is sick and he is a powerful and aggressive physical force for a LB'er. He also can cover pretty well.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Veteran

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Wes"]

well, i disagree, i think he will be the best LB out of this class. Teo will be a beast and i would of preferred him if he came out this year....but this guy is the only other LB i would want. I dont see what you saw. His numbers were down...but he didnt play awful. He did get held out of alot of games due to his agressiveness but his head coach was also a softie

[/quote] I never saw anything from him this entire season that showed he should be anywhere close to being a 1st round pick. I'd take Kuechly without a second thought[/quote]

Lol, he will go in the first round without a doubt. No one is going to give a you knew what about this past season. The teamswill see a once in a lifetime athletic freak and snag him if the team need is there.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

We haven't had a real impact LB since Jesse Armstead. I honestly wouldn't mind getting Burfict at all. People knocking his work ethic and him "taking plays off" need to chill out. Similar things were being said about both Ray Lewis and Patrick Willis prior to them being drafted. If he is available where we are drafting, I would do it in a hearbeat. The draft itself is always a gamble and I would put my chips all in on this guy.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Veteran

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="repeatchamps"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="burier"]Is anyone concerned about his rep as a dirty player?[/quote]

don't know much about him, whats the knock
    [/quote]

He leads with he head often and picks up a lot of personal foul penalties. However, it is not something that can't be rectified and harnessed for the better. His one of the most aggressive defensive players I have ever seen at the LB'er spot, that is not a bad thing. Check him out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7achvXsy3Q

[/quote]

I've never seen so many other players look like rag dolls when being hit by one guy. I'm surprised that I'm not seeing body parts flying all over the place. And when a player runs into him, they look they've just run into a wall and flop to the ground at awkward angles.

I like the opening still-shot of Burfict pointing to the opposing QB. I wouldn't trade up to get him, but this is DEFINITELY the attitude that this defense / team needs!! Love it!!

[/quote]

Exactly.

+ Reply to Thread