+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Vontaze Burfict PLEASE

Re: Vontaze Burfict PLEASE

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="slipknottin"]Have any of you actually watched him play this year or are you just watching highlight videos on YouTube?

He was downright awful this year, in between his personal foul penalties you got to see him look completely lost, misread plays constantly, and just show his instincts are really subpar.

He is nowhere near being an elite prospect. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th round, no way would I draft him sooner.[/quote]

At some point you have to say though if this guy has a 9 minute highlight film on youtube he has to have some serious talent.[/quote]

12 games a season excluding bowl games...3 seasons=36 games

60 min a game * 36 games=2160 min

9 minutes out of 2160 min in his career..figuring he hasnt played every min obviously..

still leaves you in the 1k's at least...

no not very hard to acquire 9 min of good footage LOL

[quote user="Captain Chaos"]I think we do need an upgrade at MLB, not sure if we will be able to get him, but he would be the burfict fit!!!!![/quote]

Just for that pun, I'm nominating you as favorite poster of 2011......

If Peter Konz decides to come out next year, I'd rather take him instead of Burfict.

Of course, I really won't know what I want out of the 1st round for sure until the results of our game this Sunday and then will have to follow the combines.

Banned

Burfict is gonna end up dropping to the 2nd round. If the Giants trade up to get a MLB they might go after Kuechly or Hightower.

[quote user="burier"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Too many people watch a youtube highlight and think that makes someone good.

What youtube doesnt show you is the portion of the season where this kid was 2ice benched.
    [/quote]

But as I understand it he wasn't benched for poor play.[/quote]

Penalties are part of the game and this kid has cost his team games with his idiotic penalties(see Stanford 2010). The Giants have a history of drafting character. Whoever drafts him better have thier city build an express lane from Vontaze's house to Goodell's office because he is going to spend a lot of time there.

Its been widely reported that ASU has asked VB NOT to come back next year. Doesnt hat mean anything to you guys?

Have you even seen some of his dumb penalties? They are idiotic. He makes Suh look like NFL's man of the year.

Veteran

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="slipknottin"]Have any of you actually watched him play this year or are you just watching highlight videos on YouTube?

He was downright awful this year, in between his personal foul penalties you got to see him look completely lost, misread plays constantly, and just show his instincts are really subpar.

He is nowhere near being an elite prospect. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th round, no way would I draft him sooner.[/quote]

At some point you have to say though if this guy has a 9 minute highlight film on youtube he has to have some serious talent.[/quote]

9 minutes out of 2160 min in his career..figuring he hasnt played every min obviously..

no not very hard to acquire 9 min of good footage LOL[/quote]

ok then show me another linebacker that has better highlights then him. He has the potential to be dominant that's all I'm saying.

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="slipknottin"]Have any of you actually watched him play this year or are you just watching highlight videos on YouTube?

ok then show me another linebacker that has better highlights then him. He has the potential to be dominant that's all I'm saying.[/quote]

Youtube Kuechly, thing about him, he doesnt have one break out year. Kid has been a beast all his years basically at BC. You see burfict's crazy hits and get all excited. He sure does have tremendous potential, but what is your definition of "better", sure Kuechly may not have crazy hits like Burfict, but he sheds blocks, doesn't get lost on the field, he actually has gap discipline unlike Burfict.

would be a GREAT PICK!!!

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="slipknottin"]Have any of you actually watched him play this year or are you just watching highlight videos on YouTube?

Here is 46 minutes of Burfict 7 games
    its my Vontaze playlist
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6987209F7C55F867

The 2011 games im being kind these are his best games. I will start putting up the bad ones when I get some time after the Bowl games

Veteran

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="slipknottin"]Have any of you actually watched him play this year or are you just watching highlight videos on YouTube?

ok then show me another linebacker that has better highlights then him. He has the potential to be dominant that's all I'm saying.[/quote]

Youtube Kuechly, thing about him, he doesnt have one break out year. Kid has been a beast all his years basically at BC. You see burfict's crazy hits and get all excited. He sure does have tremendous potential, but what is your definition of "better", sure Kuechly may not have crazy hits like Burfict, but he sheds blocks, doesn't get lost on the field, he actually has gap discipline unlike Burfict.[/quote]

Kuechly is without a doubt the better player but

1. He won't be there when we pick... look at McClain going number 8 or whatever and Keek is a better player.

2. Burfict has the potential to be a top 5 linebacker. I see keek as a guy who will be solid for many years but never be an impact guy.

3. Vontaze brings a passion and intensity that is unrivaled by anyone. He's like a James Harrison/Ray Lewis type player and I would LOVE that on our team.

+ Reply to Thread