+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Vontaze Burfict PLEASE

Re: Vontaze Burfict PLEASE

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Wes"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Wes"]

[quote user="slipknottin"]Have any of you actually watched him play this year or are you just watching highlight videos on YouTube? He was downright awful this year, in between his personal foul penalties you got to see him look completely lost, misread plays constantly, and just show his instincts are really subpar. He is nowhere near being an elite prospect. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th round, no way would I draft him sooner.[/quote]

well, i disagree, i think he will be the best LB out of this class. Teo will be a beast and i would of preferred him if he came out this year....but this guy is the only other LB i would want. I dont see what you saw. His numbers were down...but he didnt play awful. He did get held out of alot of games due to his agressiveness but his head coach was also a softie

[/quote] I never saw anything from him this entire season that showed he should be anywhere close to being a 1st round pick. I'd take Kuechly without a second thought[/quote]

I think alot of us would LIKE Keuchly, but im speaking value here. Keuchly, we would have to move up to get and move up alot and thats not going to happen with JR. Burfict could and likely will fall to us and worst case if they felt they wanted him bad enough, wouldnt have to move up much to get him.

Id prefer not to move up, but we HAVE to come out of this draft with an impact LB, and after Kuechly, Hightower and Burfict, there isnt much to speak of IMO.

He has ideal sideline to sideline speed for a 4-3, tons of agressiveness and motor. Hes not a headcase, just needs good players and good coaching staff around him.

I think this kid in the right situation could win DROY easy.

[/quote] What your getting with Burfict is Potential Outside of that the guy was really a non factor this season If you Draft Burfict your hoping he lives up to his potential and glimpses hes shwon becasue quite frankly hes been bad this yr
    [/quote]

C'mon now. I mean I know he hasn't been great and his play hasn't warranted a 1st round pick but it's not like he's a bad player. Production-wise a 2nd rounder but potential wise he's definitely worth it in the 20s.[/quote]
    His 2010 production is 1st round quality.

His 2011 production is 6th-7th round quality.

The Primary stat for a MLB is tackles:
    - He was 3rd on his own team in tackles in 2011.
    - He was 26th in the Pac12 conference in tackles
    - 18 LBs, 7 DBs and 1 DLman in his own conference had more tackles than VB.

His stats vs quality opponents against good teams were significantly diminished. He was a non factor in their bowl game this year, except that is for his 1 personal foul.

Speaking of that, he did lead his conference in personal fouls. In fact he led the nation. He must be a team player too because he was so good in this category he helped his team be the most penalized in the country(by a LOT.)

If you look at 2010, there is a good bit to like about him. If you look at 2011, there is a lot to hate about him.

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"]I dont think most of the OP on this thread know about his play this year. He has sucked big time this year and got benched his last game. Even in the bowl game burfict got little to no playing time. I had a man crush on him as well. Its just his discipline that is the question...He takes plays off.. With all that said, if the Giants coaching stuff can tune him to becoming all the things he truly could be, I would take him in a heart beat. Keuchly is overall a better LB but he is going to be gone way before that. Teo isnt coming out.[/quote]

It is a HUGE mistake to draft a guy who takes plays off in college, pay him a bunch of money and then expect him to not take plays off in the NFL.

I don't know much about the guy, but if his work ethic is being questioned in college, I want nothing to do with him . . . . .

Burfict is going to be THAT "guy" this year isn't he? You know, the one 90% of the fanbase is clamoring for but know nothing about other than one or two positive things. It's like last year and everyone wanting Mike Pouncey.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="slipknottin"]Have any of you actually watched him play this year or are you just watching highlight videos on YouTube?

He was downright awful this year, in between his personal foul penalties you got to see him look completely lost, misread plays constantly, and just show his instincts are really subpar.

He is nowhere near being an elite prospect. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th round, no way would I draft him sooner.[/quote]

At some point you have to say though if this guy has a 9 minute highlight film on youtube he has to have some serious talent.[/quote]

12 games a season excluding bowl games...3 seasons=36 games

60 min a game * 36 games=2160 min

9 minutes out of 2160 min in his career..figuring he hasnt played every min obviously..

still leaves you in the 1k's at least...

no not very hard to acquire 9 min of good footage LOL[/quote]

ok then show me another linebacker that has better highlights then him. He has the potential to be dominant that's all I'm saying.[/quote]

Youtube Kuechly, thing about him, he doesnt have one break out year. Kid has been a beast all his years basically at BC. You see burfict's crazy hits and get all excited. He sure does have tremendous potential, but what is your definition of "better", sure Kuechly may not have crazy hits like Burfict, but he sheds blocks, doesn't get lost on the field, he actually has gap discipline unlike Burfict.[/quote]

Kuechly is without a doubt the better player but

1. He won't be there when we pick... look at McClain going number 8 or whatever and Keek is a better player.

2. Burfict has the potential to be a top 5 linebacker. I see keek as a guy who will be solid for many years but never be an impact guy.

3. Vontaze brings a passion and intensity that is unrivaled by anyone. He's like a James Harrison/Ray Lewis type player and I would LOVE that on our team.[/quote]We shall see if Kuechly goes that high, The LB's that have gone in the Top 10 have all had real good measurables, Kuechly doesnt have that. I would like to see the Giants end up with Either James Michael Johnson of Nevada or Bobby Wagner of Utah State[/quote] You know Bobby Wagner is one of my Fave's! I think Wagner is a 2nd-3rd round pick and i'd much rather Wagner or even Audie Cole then i would Burfict Shoot I'd rather get Carmen messina then Burfict!!lol

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Wes"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Wes"]

[quote user="slipknottin"]Have any of you actually watched him play this year or are you just watching highlight videos on YouTube? He was downright awful this year, in between his personal foul penalties you got to see him look completely lost, misread plays constantly, and just show his instincts are really subpar. He is nowhere near being an elite prospect. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th round, no way would I draft him sooner.[/quote]

well, i disagree, i think he will be the best LB out of this class.* Teo will be a beast and i would of preferred him if he came out this year....but this guy is the only other LB i would want.* I dont see what you saw.* His numbers were down...but he didnt play awful.* He did get held out of alot of games due to his agressiveness but his head coach was also a softie

[/quote] I never saw anything from him this entire season that showed he should be anywhere close to being a 1st round pick. I'd take Kuechly without a second thought[/quote]

I think alot of us would LIKE Keuchly, but im speaking value here.* Keuchly, we would have to move up to get and move up alot and thats not going to happen with JR.* Burfict could and likely will fall to us and worst case if they felt they wanted him bad enough, wouldnt have to move up much to get him.

Id prefer not to move up, but we HAVE to come out of this draft with an impact LB, and after Kuechly, Hightower and Burfict, there isnt much to speak of IMO.*

He has ideal sideline to sideline speed for a 4-3, tons of agressiveness and motor.* Hes not a headcase, just needs good players and good coaching staff around him.

I think this kid in the right situation could win DROY easy.

[/quote] What your getting with Burfict is Potential***** Outside of that the guy was really a non factor this season**** If you Draft Burfict*** your hoping he lives up to his potential and glimpses hes shwon becasue quite frankly** hes been bad this yr
    [/quote]

C'mon now. I mean I know he hasn't been great and his play hasn't warranted a 1st round pick but it's not like he's a bad player. Production-wise a 2nd rounder but potential wise he's definitely worth it in the 20s.[/quote]From what ive seen this year Burfict shouldnt even sniff the first round.Honestly Id put him at SOLB because no way Id trust him as a MLB

+ Reply to Thread