+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Veteran

Re: Vontaze Burfict PLEASE

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="slipknottin"]Have any of you actually watched him play this year or are you just watching highlight videos on YouTube?

He was downright awful this year, in between his personal foul penalties you got to see him look completely lost, misread plays constantly, and just show his instincts are really subpar.

He is nowhere near being an elite prospect. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th round, no way would I draft him sooner.[/quote]

At some point you have to say though if this guy has a 9 minute highlight film on youtube he has to have some serious talent.[/quote]
    Here is 46 minutes of Burfict 7 games
    its my Vontaze playlist
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6987209F7C55F867

The 2011 games im being kind these are his best games. I will start putting up the bad ones when I get some time after the Bowl games[/quote]

Thanks. I see so much potential in him because he has not so great technique (something that can be learned) yet still makes plays because he is explosive, intense, and straight mean. The Giants are a team that could really tap into his full potential.

Veteran

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Wes"]

[quote user="slipknottin"]Have any of you actually watched him play this year or are you just watching highlight videos on YouTube? He was downright awful this year, in between his personal foul penalties you got to see him look completely lost, misread plays constantly, and just show his instincts are really subpar. He is nowhere near being an elite prospect. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th round, no way would I draft him sooner.[/quote]

well, i disagree, i think he will be the best LB out of this class. Teo will be a beast and i would of preferred him if he came out this year....but this guy is the only other LB i would want. I dont see what you saw. His numbers were down...but he didnt play awful. He did get held out of alot of games due to his agressiveness but his head coach was also a softie

[/quote] I never saw anything from him this entire season that showed he should be anywhere close to being a 1st round pick. I'd take Kuechly without a second thought[/quote]

I think alot of us would LIKE Keuchly, but im speaking value here. Keuchly, we would have to move up to get and move up alot and thats not going to happen with JR. Burfict could and likely will fall to us and worst case if they felt they wanted him bad enough, wouldnt have to move up much to get him.

Id prefer not to move up, but we HAVE to come out of this draft with an impact LB, and after Kuechly, Hightower and Burfict, there isnt much to speak of IMO.

He has ideal sideline to sideline speed for a 4-3, tons of agressiveness and motor. Hes not a headcase, just needs good players and good coaching staff around him.

I think this kid in the right situation could win DROY easy.

[quote user="Wes"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Wes"]

[quote user="slipknottin"]Have any of you actually watched him play this year or are you just watching highlight videos on YouTube? He was downright awful this year, in between his personal foul penalties you got to see him look completely lost, misread plays constantly, and just show his instincts are really subpar. He is nowhere near being an elite prospect. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th round, no way would I draft him sooner.[/quote]

well, i disagree, i think he will be the best LB out of this class. Teo will be a beast and i would of preferred him if he came out this year....but this guy is the only other LB i would want. I dont see what you saw. His numbers were down...but he didnt play awful. He did get held out of alot of games due to his agressiveness but his head coach was also a softie

[/quote] I never saw anything from him this entire season that showed he should be anywhere close to being a 1st round pick. I'd take Kuechly without a second thought[/quote]

I think alot of us would LIKE Keuchly, but im speaking value here. Keuchly, we would have to move up to get and move up alot and thats not going to happen with JR. Burfict could and likely will fall to us and worst case if they felt they wanted him bad enough, wouldnt have to move up much to get him.

Id prefer not to move up, but we HAVE to come out of this draft with an impact LB, and after Kuechly, Hightower and Burfict, there isnt much to speak of IMO.

He has ideal sideline to sideline speed for a 4-3, tons of agressiveness and motor. Hes not a headcase, just needs good players and good coaching staff around him.

[/quote] What your getting with Burfict is Potential Outside of that the guy was really a non factor this season If you Draft Burfict your hoping he lives up to his potential and glimpses hes shwon becasue quite frankly hes been bad this yr

Veteran

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Wes"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Wes"]

well, i disagree, i think he will be the best LB out of this class.* Teo will be a beast and i would of preferred him if he came out this year....but this guy is the only other LB i would want.* I dont see what you saw.* His numbers were down...but he didnt play awful.* He did get held out of alot of games due to his agressiveness but his head coach was also a softie

I think alot of us would LIKE Keuchly, but im speaking value here.* Keuchly, we would have to move up to get and move up alot and thats not going to happen with JR.* Burfict could and likely will fall to us and worst case if they felt they wanted him bad enough, wouldnt have to move up much to get him.

Id prefer not to move up, but we HAVE to come out of this draft with an impact LB, and after Kuechly, Hightower and Burfict, there isnt much to speak of IMO.*

He has ideal sideline to sideline speed for a 4-3, tons of agressiveness and motor.* Hes not a headcase, just needs good players and good coaching staff around him.

[/quote] What your getting with Burfict is Potential***** Outside of that the guy was really a non factor this season**** If you Draft Burfict*** your hoping he lives up to his potential and glimpses hes shwon becasue quite frankly** hes been bad this yr
    [/quote]

C'mon now. I mean I know he hasn't been great and his play hasn't warranted a 1st round pick but it's not like he's a bad player. Production-wise a 2nd rounder but potential wise he's definitely worth it in the 20s.

Please, Vontaze Burfict? Is he a relative of yours?
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Reese passed on taking Rey Malauluga that year, he went in the 2nd round.

We should take him for his HISTORICALLY AWESOME football name alone -- Vontaze Burfict!

I would LOVE this guy pointing at Vick, Romo, Rodgers, and Brees from the Giants line. He's got that "Prediction? Pain" look going and he plays like it too (hopefully, he would tone it down a bit to avoid penalties).

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="slipknottin"]Have any of you actually watched him play this year or are you just watching highlight videos on YouTube?

He was downright awful this year, in between his personal foul penalties you got to see him look completely lost, misread plays constantly, and just show his instincts are really subpar.

He is nowhere near being an elite prospect. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th round, no way would I draft him sooner.[/quote]

At some point you have to say though if this guy has a 9 minute highlight film on youtube he has to have some serious talent.[/quote]

12 games a season excluding bowl games...3 seasons=36 games

60 min a game * 36 games=2160 min

9 minutes out of 2160 min in his career..figuring he hasnt played every min obviously..

still leaves you in the 1k's at least...

no not very hard to acquire 9 min of good footage LOL[/quote]

ok then show me another linebacker that has better highlights then him. He has the potential to be dominant that's all I'm saying.[/quote]

Youtube Kuechly, thing about him, he doesnt have one break out year. Kid has been a beast all his years basically at BC. You see burfict's crazy hits and get all excited. He sure does have tremendous potential, but what is your definition of "better", sure Kuechly may not have crazy hits like Burfict, but he sheds blocks, doesn't get lost on the field, he actually has gap discipline unlike Burfict.[/quote]

Kuechly is without a doubt the better player but

1. He won't be there when we pick... look at McClain going number 8 or whatever and Keek is a better player.

2. Burfict has the potential to be a top 5 linebacker. I see keek as a guy who will be solid for many years but never be an impact guy.

3. Vontaze brings a passion and intensity that is unrivaled by anyone. He's like a James Harrison/Ray Lewis type player and I would LOVE that on our team.[/quote]We shall see if Kuechly goes that high, The LB's that have gone in the Top 10 have all had real good measurables, Kuechly doesnt have that. I would like to see the Giants end up with Either James Michael Johnson of Nevada or Bobby Wagner of Utah State

[quote user="Dirt66"]Reese passed on taking Rey Malauluga that year, he went in the 2nd round.[/quote]Because we took Nicks which was a bigger need. We still had Pierce, and we needed a WR way more, and Nicks has been great for us.

Donta Hightower is the linebacker we need. I have followed this guy's entire career and he has excelled at every position he has been asked to play, going back to high school when he had to play RB for 4 games... and got over 1,000 yards rushing with 7 TDs! As a TE in high school he had over 250 yards receiving and a handful of TDs. His senior year in high school he was moved to DE and he got over 160 tackles, 5 forced fumbles and 5 interceptions. He was an immediate starter in Saban's system which is TOUGH. He had a rough year after his injury but this past season he has been at full speed and is back to dominating. The guy almost went to Vandy instead of Alabama because of their academics. He admittedly lives in the weight room, film room and weight room... so he's gonna learn the defense quick. He has no character issues, is athletic as hell, massive, quick and would be a team leader. He MAY need some work in coverage though. He comes from the best defensive system in college footbal although it is a 3-4 system. He can dominate standing up or with his hand in the dirt. JUST GET THIS GUY!