+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Vontaze Burfict PLEASE

For fun, because obviously we don't know yet what teams are drafting in what positions:

Bleacher has him going to Tennessee at # 17 and the Giants getting Zach Brown (OLB - UNC) at # 24. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-to-be-groomed

Walter has him going to Baltimore at # 29 http://walterfootball.com/draft2012_1.php

Draft Countdown has him going to Philly (ugh) at # 6 (wow) and the Giants taking Kuechly at # 16 http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

This site has the Giants drafting Hightower in the 1st, and Burfict slipping to # 41 in the 2nd round http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2011/...l-matt-barkley

Veteran

[quote user="Meanhothead"]Arizona State is my college team I root for, and I was at 3 home games this year, watched the rest of the games on TV. I'm not impressed with this guy.[/quote]

What about the season prior? Did you watch him then? Were you impressed then? If not I don't know what to say. Chalk this year up as a year where the coach was out to hold him down because of some hidden agenda whichis typical Erickson.

This season's performance may actually be a blessing for the team that drafts him as he will have a huge chip on his shoulder to prove the folks who tried to hold him back in college wrong. This freak playing with a chip on his shoulder is a lethal combination. He will tear people's heads off lol.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Take this from someone who has been following this group of LB's

Kuechly > Burfict..

If Kuechly is there. Pull the trigger JR.

Dont let any draft websites fool you, yes his play (burfict) may have dropped but this guy will not make it out the first round. He is downright nasty, just needs the right coaching, dont know if its here. Who am I to say its not... Someone will take the chance in the first round...Lets just hope its not the eagles. Because honestly I have no doubt in my mind that the Iggles are butt hurt about not drafting a freak like JPP and they will definately draft Burfict if he is there...but overall, Kuechly is an absolutely class act as a person/player. Perfect for the NY Giants. He is a tackling machine, good speed and always around the ball. I would take Kuechly over Burfict anyday.

Just watched the HLs of this kid. It's scary because he leads with his head and puts it down every damn play. He will have a neck injury sooner rather than later if he doesn't correct that.

imo, burficit will be a better player in the nfl. kuechly or however u spell it looks like a good player, but in the nfl i dont know if he has the athleticism and sheer power that would equate into being a game changer. he is smarter and more refined technically, but burfict has the athleticism and agility and power that stands out even in the nfl level.

he'd need to improve on his technique and shedding engaged blocks, which i think he'd be able to do, but for my money, from what i've seen and admittedly it isnt much, id take burfict.

his closing speed is phenomenal, his desire to hit someone is phenomenal, and just his overall athleticism is phenomenal.

kiwi burfict boley

would be a much MUCH better lb core. although the BC mlb would be a great upgrade too.

i wouldnt be surprised if burfict actually gets rated higher on some draft boards than the BC lb.
    "The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."

[quote user="giantsfan420"]imo, burficit will be a better player in the nfl. kuechly or however u spell it looks like a good player, but in the nfl i dont know if he has the athleticism and sheer power that would equate into being a game changer. he is smarter and more refined technically, but burfict has the athleticism and agility and power that stands out even in the nfl level.

he'd need to improve on his technique and shedding engaged blocks, which i think he'd be able to do, but for my money, from what i've seen and admittedly it isnt much, id take burfict.

his closing speed is phenomenal, his desire to hit someone is phenomenal, and just his overall athleticism is phenomenal.

kiwi burfict boley

would be a much MUCH better lb core. although the BC mlb would be a great upgrade too.

i wouldnt be surprised if burfict actually gets rated higher on some draft boards than the BC lb.[/quote]
    You definately have not watched Kuechly play. Kid is ALWAYS around the ball, has a high motor and he can shed blocks. Burfict has been a complete disappointment this year, benched for penalties and softness, barely played in the bowl game. Kuechly won the Lott IMPACT award for performance and personal CHARACTER..He had 33 STRAIGHT GAMES WITH 10 TACKLES+...

"Kuechly led the nation in total tackles with 191 and solo tackles with 102 and was the only unanimous selection to the all-ACC first-team defense this season"

Kuechly this year alone won the Lott, Nagurski (best defensive player of the year), and the prestigious **** Butkus award given for the nations best LB....To say you wouldnt be surprised if Burfict got picked before Keuchly is absolutely nuts. I would be ABSOLUTELY surprised.

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="giantsfan420"]imo, burficit will be a better player in the nfl. kuechly or however u spell it looks like a good player, but in the nfl i dont know if he has the athleticism and sheer power that would equate into being a game changer. he is smarter and more refined technically, but burfict has the athleticism and agility and power that stands out even in the nfl level.

kiwi burfict boley

i wouldnt be surprised if burfict actually gets rated higher on some draft boards than the BC lb.[/quote]
    You definately have not watched Kuechly play. Kid is ALWAYS around the ball, has a high motor and he can shed blocks. Burfict has been a complete disappointment this year, benched for penalties and softness, barely played in the bowl game. Kuechly won the Lott IMPACT award for performance and personal CHARACTER..He had 33 STRAIGHT GAMES WITH 10 TACKLES+...

"Kuechly led the nation in total tackles with 191 and solo tackles with 102 and was the only unanimous selection to the all-ACC first-team defense this season"

Kuechly this year alone won the Lott, Nagurski (best defensive player of the year), and the prestigious **** Butkus award given for the nations best LB....To say you wouldnt be surprised if Burfict got picked before Keuchly is absolutely nuts. I would be ABSOLUTELY surprised.[/quote]This. I am so in love with Luke Kuechly's instincts. I really hope he doesn't do anything at the combine, I'm already convinced with what type of player this kid will be, it's just a matter of him getting to our pick.

I see Burfict becoming this years version of Jimmy Smith. I said Jimmy Smith would be an Eagle last year and I'm gonna say that Burfict will be an Eagle this year. Hopefully I'm 0-2, because I don't want to see the day where we coach opposite Spags with Cole, Patterson, Jenkins, Babin, B. Rolle, Burfict, Chaney, Aso, DRC, FA safety, healthy Nate Allen.

And Franchise, weren't you one of the biggest Burfict guys on this board?

[quote user="repeatchamps"]

[quote user="Meanhothead"]Arizona State is my college team I root for, and I was at 3 home games this year, watched the rest of the games on TV. I'm not impressed with this guy.[/quote]

What about the season prior? Did you watch him then? Were you impressed then? If not I don't know what to say. Chalk this year up as a year where the coach was out to hold him down because of some hidden agenda which*is typical Erickson.

This season's performance may actually be a blessing for the team that drafts him as he will have a huge chip on his shoulder to prove the folks who tried to hold him back in college wrong. This freak playing with a chip on his shoulder is a lethal combination. He will tear people's heads off lol.

[/quote]I'm really not convinced that giving this kid a 6 figure signing bonus after dogging it this year is gonna lead to a huge chip on his shoulder.

I really hate this kids personality. Even last year, I had a few concerns with his future prospects, this year it's hard to just get past his personality.