+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Vontaze Burfict PLEASE

[quote user="gmen0820"]And Franchise, weren't you one of the biggest Burfict guys on this board?[/quote]

gmen0820
    Yes I do really like him, but its a tough situation. I feel like the majority of OP youtube him and get nuts and want him. If you have watched him this year, it was night and day, between last year and now. I think he is an absolute monster, but not this year. He has the "IT" factor and its clear as day, but they're are so many negatives with him as well. Will that transition to the NFL? Who knows. Would I be mad if we picked him, absolutely not, but there is plenty of things not to like about him.

What bugs me...is for people to place him over Kuechly, if I had the choice...Kuechly > Burfict every single time. Kuechly is the type of player who the Giants love. Hard working, class act, and a heck of a football player.

So yes, I do think Burfict has the potential to be the next big thing at ILB, but can he put the immaturity aside, can he become disciplined enough to use his talents to the maximum potential? Who knows.

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="giantsfan420"]imo, burficit will be a better player in the nfl. kuechly or however u spell it looks like a good player, but in the nfl i dont know if he has the athleticism and sheer power that would equate into being a game changer. he is smarter and more refined technically, but burfict has the athleticism and agility and power that stands out even in the nfl level.

he'd need to improve on his technique and shedding engaged blocks, which i think he'd be able to do, but for my money, from what i've seen and admittedly it isnt much, id take burfict.

his closing speed is phenomenal, his desire to hit someone is phenomenal, and just his overall athleticism is phenomenal.

kiwi burfict boley

would be a much MUCH better lb core. although the BC mlb would be a great upgrade too.

i wouldnt be surprised if burfict actually gets rated higher on some draft boards than the BC lb.[/quote]
    You definately have not watched Kuechly play. Kid is ALWAYS around the ball, has a high motor and he can shed blocks. Burfict has been a complete disappointment this year, benched for penalties and softness, barely played in the bowl game. Kuechly won the Lott IMPACT award for performance and personal CHARACTER..He had 33 STRAIGHT GAMES WITH 10 TACKLES+...

"Kuechly led the nation in total tackles with 191 and solo tackles with 102 and was the only unanimous selection to the all-ACC first-team defense this season"

Kuechly this year alone won the Lott, Nagurski (best defensive player of the year), and the prestigious **** Butkus award given for the nations best LB....To say you wouldnt be surprised if Burfict got picked before Keuchly is absolutely nuts. I would be ABSOLUTELY surprised.[/quote]This. I am so in love with Luke Kuechly's instincts. I really hope he doesn't do anything at the combine, I'm already convinced with what type of player this kid will be, it's just a matter of him getting to our pick.

I see Burfict becoming this years version of Jimmy Smith. I said Jimmy Smith would be an Eagle last year and I'm gonna say that Burfict will be an Eagle this year. Hopefully I'm 0-2, because I don't want to see the day where we coach opposite Spags with Cole, Patterson, Jenkins, Babin, B. Rolle, Burfict, Chaney, Aso, DRC, FA safety, healthy Nate Allen.[/quote]

This. I stated earlier on another post that the iggles are probably super butt hurt about the JPP pick and if Kuechly isnt there at their pick and Burfict is waiting before them, they will trade up to get him and like you...I will dread seeing burfict in eagles green for the next 10 years.

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="gmen0820"]And Franchise, weren't you one of the biggest Burfict guys on this board?[/quote]

gmen0820
    Yes I do really like him, but its a tough situation. I feel like the majority of OP youtube him and get nuts and want him. If you have watched him this year, it was night and day, between last year and now. I think he is an absolute monster, but not this year. He has the "IT" factor and its clear as day, but they're are so many negatives with him as well. Will that transition to the NFL? Who knows. Would I be mad if we picked him, absolutely not, but there is plenty of things not to like about him.

What bugs me...is for people to place him over Kuechly, if I had the choice...Kuechly > Burfict every single time. Kuechly is the type of player who the Giants love. Hard working, class act, and a heck of a football player.

So yes, I do think Burfict has the potential to be the next big thing at ILB, but can he put the immaturity aside, can he become disciplined enough to use his talents to the maximum potential? Who knows.[/quote]Agreed 100%. The biggest thing with Burfict is that even at his best he can be inconsistent. This disappearing act has ****ed me before, when I was convinced that Vernon Gholston was gonna be the next DeMarcus Ware. To date, it has been the worst prediction I have ever made. Can Burfict be the next hottest MIKE backer, sure he can, but he needs to fix his own character problems before he even has a chance to be coached up.

Kuechly though might as well be wearing a Giants uni already, that's how much I see this kid wearing blue. BC boy, class, instincts, work ethic, class. It's a matter of him being on the board.

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="gmen0820"]And Franchise, weren't you one of the biggest Burfict guys on this board?[/quote]

gmen0820

So yes, I do think Burfict has the potential to be the next big thing at ILB, but can he put the immaturity aside, can he become disciplined enough to use his talents to the maximum potential? Who knows.[/quote]Agreed 100%. The biggest thing with Burfict is that even at his best he can be inconsistent. This disappearing act has ****ed me before, when I was convinced that Vernon Gholston was gonna be the next DeMarcus Ware. To date, it has been the worst prediction I have ever made. Can Burfict be the next hottest MIKE backer, sure he can, but he needs to fix his own character problems before he even has a chance to be coached up.

Kuechly though might as well be wearing a Giants uni already, that's how much I see this kid wearing blue. BC boy, class, instincts, work ethic, class. It's a matter of him being on the board.[/quote]

^ this.....like burfict feels hes bigger then the game, or he outhypes himself, I love the intensity, standing over the center pointing at the qb!.....and then getting gobbled up by 1 OL..

I would go nuts to see Kuechly in blue but lets take a look bro...

Indianapolis Colts
    St. Louis Rams
    minnesota Vikings
    Cleveland Browns
    jaccksonville Jaguars
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Washington Redskins
    Miami Dolphins
    Carolina Panthers
    Buffalo Bills
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Arizona Cardinals
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Seattle Seahawks
    San Diego Chargers
    Chicago Bears
    Tennessee Titans
    Dallas Cowboys
    New York Jets
    Oakland Raiders
    New York Giants
    Denver Broncos

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...k-16-nears-end

you tell me if kuechly if is going to make it to us, ehh.. eagles, bears (urlacher's replacement)....they MIGHT make it out the top 10 due to other needs of teams. Unless we trade up, kuechly is gone. getting burfict is much more of a reality then kuechly.

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="gmen0820"]And Franchise, weren't you one of the biggest Burfict guys on this board?[/quote]

gmen0820

Kuechly though might as well be wearing a Giants uni already, that's how much I see this kid wearing blue. BC boy, class, instincts, work ethic, class. It's a matter of him being on the board.[/quote]

^ this.....like burfict feels hes bigger then the game, or he outhypes himself, I love the intensity, standing over the center pointing at the qb!.....and then getting gobbled up by 1 OL..

Indianapolis Colts
    St. Louis Rams
    minnesota Vikings
    Cleveland Browns
    jaccksonville Jaguars
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Washington Redskins
    Miami Dolphins
    Carolina Panthers
    Buffalo Bills
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Arizona Cardinals
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Seattle Seahawks
    San Diego Chargers
    Chicago Bears
    Tennessee Titans
    Dallas Cowboys
    New York Jets
    Oakland Raiders
    New York Giants
    Denver Broncos

you tell me if kuechly if is going to make it to us, ehh.. eagles, bears (urlacher's replacement)....they MIGHT make it out the top 10 due to other needs of teams. Unless we trade up, kuechly is gone. getting burfict is much more of a reality then kuechly.[/quote]Eagles have a lot of ammo to move back in and steal Kuechly from us, but I see them going for more of a physical freak talent like Burfict. Good or bad I really don't know. I really hope this kid falls. At least to 18 so we have a legitimate shot to trade up. This is all considering we win Sunday.

Have u guys watched anything besides highlights this year because Burfict has been abysmal. im not talking about Personal Fouls either. He freelances allowing teams to gauge them on the ground,Has zero gap discipline,an inconsistent motor,leaves his feet to tackle,and over runs plays.No way I would touch him in the first round

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Have u guys watched anything besides highlights this year because Burfict has been abysmal. im not talking about Personal Fouls either. He freelances allowing teams to gauge them on the ground,Has zero gap discipline,an inconsistent motor,leaves his feet to tackle,and over runs plays.No way I would touch him in the first round[/quote]

This. this year i have seen him get gobbled up by ONE olineman. I just dont want to be the team that passes him up and he becomes everything he looks like he should be. and second, have a division rival pick him.

kuechly > burfict.

I really see us going DB 1st round..if kirkpatrick is there at our pick, i take him over burfict

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Have u guys watched anything besides highlights this year because Burfict has been abysmal. im not talking about Personal Fouls either. He freelances allowing teams to gauge them on the ground,Has zero gap discipline,an inconsistent motor,leaves his feet to tackle,and over runs plays.No way I would touch him in the first round[/quote]It seems Burfict either plays over aggressive or just not there. Never that middle ground and being overly aggressive and not there are almost just as bad as the other.

I can seriously picture this kid on the board in the third round.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Have u guys watched anything besides highlights this year because Burfict has been abysmal. im not talking about Personal Fouls either. He freelances allowing teams to gauge them on the ground,Has zero gap discipline,an inconsistent motor,leaves his feet to tackle,and over runs plays.No way I would touch him in the first round[/quote]It seems Burfict either plays over aggressive or just not there. Never that middle ground and being overly aggressive and not there are almost just as bad as the other.

I can seriously picture this kid on the board in the third round.

[quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="gmen0820"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="gmen0820"]And Franchise, weren't you one of the biggest Burfict guys on this board?[/quote]

gmen0820

Indianapolis Colts
    St. Louis Rams
    minnesota Vikings
    Cleveland Browns
    jaccksonville Jaguars
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Washington Redskins
    Miami Dolphins
    Carolina Panthers
    Buffalo Bills
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Arizona Cardinals
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Seattle Seahawks
    San Diego Chargers
    Chicago Bears
    Tennessee Titans
    Dallas Cowboys
    New York Jets
    Oakland Raiders
    New York Giants
    Denver Broncos

you tell me if kuechly if is going to make it to us, ehh.. eagles, bears (urlacher's replacement)....they MIGHT make it out the top 10 due to other needs of teams. Unless we trade up, kuechly is gone. getting burfict is much more of a reality then kuechly.[/quote]Eagles have a lot of ammo to move back in and steal Kuechly from us, but I see them going for more of a physical freak talent like Burfict. Good or bad I really don't know. I really hope this kid falls. At least to 18 so we have a legitimate shot to trade up. This is all considering we win Sunday.[/quote]

Eagles have 6 picks in the first 4 rounds.