+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Vontaze Burfict PLEASE

[quote user="slipknottin"]Have any of you actually watched him play this year or are you just watching highlight videos on YouTube?

He was downright awful this year, in between his personal foul penalties you got to see him look completely lost, misread plays constantly, and just show his instincts are really subpar.

He is nowhere near being an elite prospect. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th round, no way would I draft him sooner.[/quote]This!!! I worked a lot of Burficts game in the begining of the season I got to the UCLA game and I was watching him thinking why am I wasting my time breaking this guy down. The guy does not follow the defense he freelances gets caught over pursuing and he allows huge gains on the ground. U dont know how many times I watched Burfict attack the wrong gap the RB would cut back and there is no on there and he gauges ASU for 30 yards. I could care less about the personal fouls. If that was the only thing I wouldnt have a problem with him. Im more worried about his hellacious instincts and his willingness to leave his feet to tackle every time.U cant have a MLB for no reason diving at RB's when they come through the hole.

Give me James Michael Johnson of Nevada

[quote user="giantsfan420"]imo, burficit will be a better player in the nfl. kuechly or however u spell it looks like a good player, but in the nfl i dont know if he has the athleticism and sheer power that would equate into being a game changer. he is smarter and more refined technically, but burfict has the athleticism and agility and power that stands out even in the nfl level.

he'd need to improve on his technique and shedding engaged blocks, which i think he'd be able to do, but for my money, from what i've seen and admittedly it isnt much, id take burfict.

his closing speed is phenomenal, his desire to hit someone is phenomenal, and just his overall athleticism is phenomenal.

kiwi burfict boley

would be a much MUCH better lb core. although the BC mlb would be a great upgrade too.

i wouldnt be surprised if burfict actually gets rated higher on some draft boards than the BC lb.[/quote]

how many full games have you watched Kuechly play?

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="giantsfan420"]imo, burficit will be a better player in the nfl. kuechly or however u spell it looks like a good player, but in the nfl i dont know if he has the athleticism and sheer power that would equate into being a game changer. he is smarter and more refined technically, but burfict has the athleticism and agility and power that stands out even in the nfl level.

he'd need to improve on his technique and shedding engaged blocks, which i think he'd be able to do, but for my money, from what i've seen and admittedly it isnt much, id take burfict.

his closing speed is phenomenal, his desire to hit someone is phenomenal, and just his overall athleticism is phenomenal.

kiwi burfict boley

would be a much MUCH better lb core. although the BC mlb would be a great upgrade too.

i wouldnt be surprised if burfict actually gets rated higher on some draft boards than the BC lb.[/quote]

how many full games have you watched Kuechly play?[/quote]

i claim to be no expert on either player. my commentary was merely what i thought, which i prefaced with my opinion.

i watched some clip of kuechly where it showed the positives and negatives of his play vs ND, and two other teams.

As I said, technically and in shedding blocks, Kuechly imo is clearly superior.

that said, i still maintain from what i've seen and this imo, that burfict going before kuechly would not surprise me. the talent level from college to the nfl is a huge jump, which is why i feel that a player who displays more athleticism could be higher on draft boards.

in your opinion, who is more of an athletic talent? kuechly or burfict? kuechly displays good technique in shedding blocks and avoiding them, and making tackles. but in a speed, athleticism, agility standpoint, Burfict stands out more.

first year in the nfl, kuechly will be abetter player. overall career, i'd say burfict has a better chance at being a more dominant game changer.

i see kuechly being more ready made for the nfl, but again, is his athleticism and measurables superior to burfict? not imo. and i've watched i believe 4 ASU games, and a couple BC games.

Just the eye test, burfict seems like he is faster, quicker to close on the ball, sideline to sideline faster, and hits harder.

that said, kuechly was the better career in college, but again, his athleticism seems at the nfl level, to be more avg. while burfict at the nfl level, seems like his athleticism and agility would still stand out.

again tho my opinion, and i value the opinions of u and redeye and gmen0820 bc i dont have the time to really evaluate collegiate players.

who do u see as being more athletically gifted between the two?

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="giantsfan420"]imo, burficit will be a better player in the nfl. kuechly or however u spell it looks like a good player, but in the nfl i dont know if he has the athleticism and sheer power that would equate into being a game changer. he is smarter and more refined technically, but burfict has the athleticism and agility and power that stands out even in the nfl level.

kiwi burfict boley

i claim to be no expert on either player. my commentary was merely what i thought, which i prefaced with my opinion.

i watched some clip of kuechly where it showed the positives and negatives of his play vs ND, and two other teams.

that said, i still maintain from what i've seen and this imo, that burfict going before kuechly would not surprise me. the talent level from college to the nfl is a huge jump, which is why i feel that a player who displays more athleticism could be higher on draft boards.

in your opinion, who is more of an athletic talent? kuechly or burfict? kuechly displays good technique in shedding blocks and avoiding them, and making tackles. but in a speed, athleticism, agility standpoint, Burfict stands out more.

first year in the nfl, kuechly will be abetter player. overall career, i'd say burfict has a better chance at being a more dominant game changer.

i see kuechly being more ready made for the nfl, but again, is his athleticism and measurables superior to burfict? not imo. and i've watched i believe 4 ASU games, and a couple BC games.

Just the eye test, burfict seems like he is faster, quicker to close on the ball, sideline to sideline faster, and hits harder.

that said, kuechly was the better career in college, but again, his athleticism seems at the nfl level, to be more avg. while burfict at the nfl level, seems like his athleticism and agility would still stand out.

again tho my opinion, and i value the opinions of u and redeye and gmen0820 bc i dont have the time to really evaluate collegiate players.

who do u see as being more athletically gifted between the two?[/quote]

Dont get me wrong, I know what you mean, burfict has these abilities, but if you cannot produce on a consistent level, i dontwant you. I dont want 4 outstanding games and then disappearing 12 games. you know what im saying?

Athletically gifted..hmmmmmm, I would probably leans towards Burfict. Like I said though, can he turn it on every game? Kuechly is just as gifted, he may not be faster (clocked time) but Kuechly is ALWAYSSSS around the ball, 33 straight games with 10 tackles or more...if thats not gifted, idk what is...

Thanks for the compliment bro, but I gotta pass the collegiate stuff to redeye, I believe he was created from the sperm of Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit...

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="giantsfan420"]imo, burficit will be a better player in the nfl. kuechly or however u spell it looks like a good player, but in the nfl i dont know if he has the athleticism and sheer power that would equate into being a game changer. he is smarter and more refined technically, but burfict has the athleticism and agility and power that stands out even in the nfl level.

kiwi burfict boley

Dont get me wrong, I know what you mean, burfict has these abilities, but if you cannot produce on a consistent level, i dontwant you. I dont want 4 outstanding games and then disappearing 12 games. you know what im saying?

Athletically gifted..hmmmmmm, I would probably leans towards Burfict. Like I said though, can he turn it on every game? Kuechly is just as gifted, he may not be faster (clocked time) but Kuechly is ALWAYSSSS around the ball, 33 straight games with 10 tackles or more...if thats not gifted, idk what is...

Thanks for the compliment bro, but I gotta pass the collegiate stuff to redeye, I believe he was created from the sperm of Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit...[/quote]

i can def. see ur viewpoint and agree with ur assessment on both. i just see that in the nfl, teams are more willing to take the player who has a higher ceiling over a guy who performed very well in college but doesnt have as high a ceiling.

dont forget graham was taken before JPP by philly. even if graham was there, i still think Reese would take JPP for the whole NFL transition bc of talent and more of upside.

btw, hows your injury? your neck/shoulder right? how u feeling?

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="giantsfan420"]imo, burficit will be a better player in the nfl. kuechly or however u spell it looks like a good player, but in the nfl i dont know if he has the athleticism and sheer power that would equate into being a game changer. he is smarter and more refined technically, but burfict has the athleticism and agility and power that stands out even in the nfl level.

kiwi burfict boley

Thanks for the compliment bro, but I gotta pass the collegiate stuff to redeye, I believe he was created from the sperm of Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit...[/quote]

i can def. see ur viewpoint and agree with ur assessment on both. i just see that in the nfl, teams are more willing to take the player who has a higher ceiling over a guy who performed very well in college but doesnt have as high a ceiling.

dont forget graham was taken before JPP by philly. even if graham was there, i still think Reese would take JPP for the whole NFL transition bc of talent and more of upside.

btw, hows your injury? your neck/shoulder right? how u feeling?[/quote]

yeah but talent and upside, i see kuechly has proved that he has both. from his consistent play from the past couple years. He has ALWAYS performed as expected.

OP put it great..said Burfict reminded him of Gholston, we know how that turned out...

Shoulder is getting better, feel useless thought with only one good arm, off the pain meds..no meds now, natural..LOL only way to go

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="giantsfan420"]imo, burficit will be a better player in the nfl. kuechly or however u spell it looks like a good player, but in the nfl i dont know if he has the athleticism and sheer power that would equate into being a game changer. he is smarter and more refined technically, but burfict has the athleticism and agility and power that stands out even in the nfl level.

kiwi burfict boley

yeah but talent and upside, i see kuechly has proved that he has both. from his consistent play from the past couple years. He has ALWAYS performed as expected.

OP put it great..said Burfict reminded him of Gholston, we know how that turned out...

Shoulder is getting better, feel useless thought with only one good arm, off the pain meds..no meds now, natural..LOL only way to go[/quote]

agreed. i think kuechly will go first, but it wouldnt surprise me if a team took burfict before him simply bc of athleticism difference.

and AWESOME to hear about u being off the meds and doing it natural.

strawberries, blueberries, bannanas, and a few other natural foods fight pain very well. i will look for the info on foods that help fight pain and PM them to u. hope u heal up quick and feel better than before the injury.

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="giantsfan420"]imo, burficit will be a better player in the nfl. kuechly or however u spell it looks like a good player, but in the nfl i dont know if he has the athleticism and sheer power that would equate into being a game changer. he is smarter and more refined technically, but burfict has the athleticism and agility and power that stands out even in the nfl level.

kiwi burfict boley

Shoulder is getting better, feel useless thought with only one good arm, off the pain meds..no meds now, natural..LOL only way to go[/quote]

agreed. i think kuechly will go first, but it wouldnt surprise me if a team took burfict before him simply bc of athleticism difference.

and AWESOME to hear about u being off the meds and doing it natural.

strawberries, blueberries, bannanas, and a few other natural foods fight pain very well. i will look for the info on foods that help fight pain and PM them to u. hope u heal up quick and feel better than before the injury.[/quote]
    Awesome, thanks man!

Veteran

[quote user="Snappinnecks"]Just watched the HLs of this kid. It's scary because he leads with his head and puts it down every damn play. He will have a neck injury sooner rather than later if he doesn't correct that.[/quote]

Coming from the guy named snappinnecks haha

Veteran

[quote user="slipknottin"]Have any of you actually watched him play this year or are you just watching highlight videos on YouTube?

He was downright awful this year, in between his personal foul penalties you got to see him look completely lost, misread plays constantly, and just show his instincts are really subpar.

He is nowhere near being an elite prospect. Maybe in the 3rd or 4th round, no way would I draft him sooner.[/quote]

At some point you have to say though if this guy has a 9 minute highlight film on youtube he has to have some serious talent.