+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you draft the honey badger?

Veteran
    As important as a inside corner is nowadays, I'd roll the dice in the 3rd on him. His ability to create turnovers and his return abilities would just be too much to pass up. Also I really believe that the character of this locker room and organization could keep him in line.

Quote Originally Posted by DVision View Post
    As important as a inside corner is nowadays, I'd roll the dice in the 3rd on him. His ability to create turnovers and his return abilities would just be too much to pass up. Also I really believe that the character of this locker room and organization could keep him in line.
    agreed.

If we don't have a chance for one of the top 3 CBs (Rhodes for example) then I would consider a 3rd for him. But prince and hosley are already slightly smaller backs and although they are going to begreat cbs imo, I'd be scared taller Wrs would have their way against us.

Personally I'd like to be able to have at least 1 bigger tougher back on the team (Rhodes) to compliment our other cbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
    If we don't have a chance for one of the top 3 CBs (Rhodes for example) then I would consider a 3rd for him. But prince and hosley are already slightly smaller backs and although they are going to begreat cbs imo, I'd be scared taller Wrs would have their way against us.

Personally I'd like to be able to have at least 1 bigger tougher back on the team (Rhodes) to compliment our other cbs.
    the badger is a ballhawk with a relentless motor,,would LOVE to have him. if you could put him in rhodes body he is a top 5 pick hands down.

The question really isnt if "I would" but if Reese would. If we did select him I would trust that Reese met with the kid and felt he has matured.

I do think he will be drafted and likely because he has had such agood offseason someone will take a chance on him prior to day 3. I know some teams dont care about character concerns as much as others.

But the Giants are different. We are based out of the media capital of the world, where the nightlife is as big as anywhere, and a player cant get away from a camera or a microphone for 2 seconds, combined with a league that now penalizes players and teams for misbeavior. We have to consider it a great deal.

For that reason, I think he will be more valuable to another team, like a small market team where indiscretions are more likely to go unnoticed or unreported.

I also think we dont have much room in our secondary for another small guy.

I could be wrong tho.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    The question really isnt if "I would" but if Reese would. If we did select him I would trust that Reese met with the kid and felt he has matured.

I do think he will be drafted and likely because he has had such agood offseason someone will take a chance on him prior to day 3. I know some teams dont care about character concerns as much as others.

But the Giants are different. We are based out of the media capital of the world, where the nightlife is as big as anywhere, and a player cant get away from a camera or a microphone for 2 seconds, combined with a league that now penalizes players and teams for misbeavior. We have to consider it a great deal.

For that reason, I think he will be more valuable to another team, like a small market team where indiscretions are more likely to go unnoticed or unreported.

I also think we dont have much room in our secondary for another small guy.

I could be wrong tho.

if this kid played in Siberia and messed up it would be all over the internet with in minutes of finding out.

We have to consider the fact LSU had one of the best, if not THE best, cover secondaries in college football in 2011. When you have a guy like Mo Claiborne essentially shutting down his side and Simon doing a really good job opposite along with a good S group behind him, he had the ability to freelance because he knew if he ended up missing the tackle during his attempt to strip the ball free, someone else would be able to cover it up for him. If he ends up as a Giant, he's not going to have that same luxury because no one outside of Prince is really a sure bet heading into 2013. There is going to be more focus from the opposing offense testing his ability in coverage rather than giving him opportunities to get FFs, especially since the NFL has an arguably HUGE jump in terms of slot receiver mismatches. If we don't clean up the rest of the secondary, Mathieu won't have many opportunities to get the turnovers he is great at generating.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    We have to consider the fact LSU had one of the best, if not THE best, cover secondaries in college football in 2011. When you have a guy like Mo Claiborne essentially shutting down his side and Simon doing a really good job opposite along with a good S group behind him, he had the ability to freelance because he knew if he ended up missing the tackle during his attempt to strip the ball free, someone else would be able to cover it up for him. If he ends up as a Giant, he's not going to have that same luxury because no one outside of Prince is really a sure bet heading into 2013. There is going to be more focus from the opposing offense testing his ability in coverage rather than giving him opportunities to get FFs, especially since the NFL has an arguably HUGE jump in terms of slot receiver mismatches. If we don't clean up the rest of the secondary, Mathieu won't have many opportunities to get the turnovers he is great at generating.
    what do think of rhodes in the 1st and mathieu in the 4th(asumming he there)

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    what do think of rhodes in the 1st and mathieu in the 4th(asumming he there)
    I'd be excited for that. I'm on the record saying I like Mathieu if we get him in the 4th. I just think his floor is too low to select in the first 3 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    if this kid played in Siberia and messed up it would be all over the internet with in minutes of finding out.
    ehh.. I dunno. If he went to a Jacksonville or a Seattle, where the nightlife isnt as pronounced, and the papar***i dont camp out all the clubs, things can go unnoticed. But I am not just talking about big mistakes but little ones. Things like a dumb or insensitive comment made to a reporter or even to a guy with his cellphone video on. People who are inclined to say dumb things are more apt to make the news when they have a microphone or camera in front of them. There is no doubt you are gonna get that more in NYC than almost anywhere else. Nowadays, those things are reason enough for a call to Goodel's office.
    Take Mike Vick for example. His Virginia dog fighting house went unnoticed for a long time. Yet we knew every single detail of Michael Strahan and Tiki Barbers divorces.

+ Reply to Thread