+ Reply to Thread

Darce Mock version 2

My original mock made pre combine and free agency had us taking in order: Sheldon Richardson, Khaseem Greene, Tank Carradine, Tharold Simon, Michael Williams, Miguel Maysonet, Kicker.
    Some of those guys will be drafted earlier or later so here's my attempt at a new mock.

Round 1: Barkevious Mingo LB/DE: 6'4, 241lbs.
    Explosive athlete who would play SAM in our system and then be a situational/nickel pass rusher. Has experience playing versus the option which would help us tremendously since we will be seeing it a lot. Gives the LB core a playmaker while also upgrading our pass rush. Justin Tuck and Kiwi would play end on running downs while Mingo would be at SAM. I think the saints take a less "risky" prospect since they can't afford to miss on defense right now and I think the steelers have a choice of Jarvis Jones and Mingo. Ultimately I believe the Steelers choose Jones and Mingo falls right into our laps. Now I will admit their is "bust" potential with Mingo but I just see him developing with our coaching staff and becoming a star in this league.

Honorable mention: Xavier Rhodes CB (don't know if he gets past Miami or TB but if he does he falls to us. I do like the CB value later though)

Round 2: Alex Okafor DE: 6'4, 265lbs.
    Strong side end of the future, he's a good run stopper with some pass rush ability. I know we have some guys at DE now and Mingo would get snaps there but Reese often looks ahead and Tuck will not be resigned and Kiwi may be cut next year. That would give Okafor a year to develop with limited snaps and have a huge opportunity in year 2. Okafor, JPP, and Mingo is an amazing young core for the front 7. This pick gives us good DL and pass rush depth.

Honorable mention: round 2 has so many guys with good value this was a really tough choice. A few of these guys will be there when we pick.

Larry Warford G:
    with Boothe on a one year deal he would be our future at guard and would probably beat Boothe out during camp as a rookie. Which would put Boothe in a great role as a backup to all the interior line positions.

Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB and Darius Slay CB:
    Either guy would be great paired with Prince and Hosley going forward. Slay has the speed while Blidi has the size that you covet at CB. That would give us 3 young CBs with big upside and with our injury history at CB this could be a big need as well.

Round 3: Khaseem Greene LB: 6'1, 241.
    I see him sliding until the top area of round 3 in which case I would not hesitate to trade a 5th to move up a few slots to secure him. (I know trades are stupid in mocks but I'm doing it anyway haha and Reese has proven to be willing to move around in the mid rounds) Absolute steal at this point in the draft. We add another playmaker at LB and all off sudden our LB core looks very good. I could see him develope into a MLB (although most would disagree) but if not he becomes our WILL and Jaqcuain Williams moves to nickel package LB and great young depth.

Honorable mention: Baccari Rambo S: I see Saftey as a bigger need then most because Rolle may be cut next year so it would be great to have a saftey like Rambo develop and be prepared for Rolles departure in advance.

Round 4: Chris Faulk OT 6'6 330lbs
    Competition with Brewer for the RT job.

Honorable mention: Oday Aboushi OT 6'6 310lbs

Round 5: traded.

Round 6: Michael Williams TE:
    Great size and blocking ability and I think even despite his speed could make a few plays in the passing game. Would also help our blocking for our return teams.

Round 7: Miguel Maysonet RB
    Good depth for our RB stable.

Round 7: Whoever our top Undrafted FA is that we want to secure.
    Last edited by DarceChoke; 03-29-2013 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarceChoke View Post
    My original mock made pre combine and free agency had us taking in order: Sheldon Richardson, Khaseem Greene, Tank Carradine, Tharold Simon, Michael Williams, Miguel Maysonet, Kicker.
    Some of those guys will be drafted earlier or later so here's my attempt at a new mock.

Round 1: Barkevious Mingo LB/DE: 6'4, 241lbs.
    Explosive athlete who would play SAM in our system and then be a situational/nickel pass rusher. Has experience playing versus the option which would help us tremendously since we will be seeing it a lot. Gives the LB core a playmaker while also upgrading our pass rush. Justin Tuck and Kiwi would play end on running downs while Mingo would be at SAM. I think the saints take a less "risky" prospect since they can't afford to miss on defense right now and I think the steelers have a choice of Jarvis Jones and Mingo. Ultimately I believe the Steelers choose Jones and Mingo falls right into our laps. Now I will admit their is "bust" potential with Mingo but I just see him developing with our coaching staff and becoming a star in this league.

Honorable mention: Xavier Rhodes CB (don't know if he gets past Miami or TB but if he does he falls to us. I do like the CB value later though)

Round 2: Alex Okafor DE: 6'4, 265lbs.
    Strong side end of the future, he's a good run stopper with some pass rush ability. I know we have some guys at DE now and Mingo would get snaps there but Reese often looks ahead and Tuck will not be resigned and Kiwi may be cut next year. That would give Okafor a year to develop with limited snaps and have a huge opportunity in year 2. Okafor, JPP, and Mingo is an amazing young core for the front 7. This pick gives us good DL and pass rush depth.

Honorable mention: round 2 has so many guys with good value this was a really tough choice. A few of these guys will be there when we pick.

Larry Warford G:
    with Boothe on a one yer deal he would be our future at guard and would probably beat Boothe out during camp as a rookie. Which would put Boothe in a great role as a backup to all the interior line positions.

Manti Teo LB:
    Would give us a complete overhaul at LB (highly doubt we'd take all three LBs) and at this point in the draft is good value for our MLB of the future.

Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB and Darius Slay CB:
    Either guy would be great paired with Prince and Hosley going forward. Slay has the speed while Blidi has the size that you covet at CB. That would give us 3 young CBs with big upside and with our injury history at CB this could be a big need as well.

Round 3: Khaseem Greene LB: 6'1, 241.
    I see him sliding until the top area of round 3 in which case I would not hesitate to trade a 5th to move up a few slots to secure him. (I know trades are stupid in mocks but I'm doing it anyway haha and Reese has proven to be willing to move around in the mid rounds) Absolute steal at this point in the draft. We add another playmaker at LB and all off sudden our LB core looks very good. I could see him develope into a MLB (although most would disagree) but if not he becomes our WILL and Jaqcuain Williams moves to nickel package LB and great young depth.

Honorable mention: Baccari Rambo S: I see Saftey as a bigger need then most because Rolle may be cut next year so it would be great to have a saftey like Rambo develop and be prepared for Rolles departure in advance.

Round 4: Chris Faulk OT 6'6 330lbs
    Competition with Brewer for the RT job.

Honorable mention: Oday Aboushi OT 6'6 310lbs

Round 5: traded.

Round 6: Michael Williams TE:
    Great size and blocking ability and I think even despite his speed could make a few plays in the passing game. Would also help our blocking for our return teams.

Round 7: Miguel Maysonet RB
    Good depth for our RB stable.

Round 7: Whoever our top Undrafted FA is that we want to secure.
    1st Hate Mingo pick. Doesnt fit our scheme. Lazy Player takes alot of plays off.
    2nd If ogletree is there its a steal but i doubt hes there
    3rd finally someone correctly values Greene. hes a good player but extremely over valued on these boards int he 2nd
    4. like faulk
    5 TRADED????????
    6. Liked him alot more bf he ran one of the slowest 40s ive ever seen
    7a. maysonet is a good pick up

not a huge fan of the mock. not alot of value. not realistic. C-/D+

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPride13 View Post
    1st Hate Mingo pick. Doesnt fit our scheme. Lazy Player takes alot of plays off.2nd If ogletree is there its a steal but i doubt hes there3rd finally someone correctly values Greene. hes a good player but extremely over valued on these boards int he 2nd4. like faulk5 TRADED????????6. Liked him alot more bf he ran one of the slowest 40s ive ever seen7a. maysonet is a good pick upnot a huge fan of the mock. not alot of value. not realistic. C-/D+
    I agree that it may not be realistic but I gave my reasons why certain guys will drop.

Where you are completly wrong is on the "not a lot of value". All my top 3 picks may not be there when we pick because they are slated to go higher, hence the value.

Now if you don't like the players or don't think they fit our scheme that's another argument. However, I'd advise you to watch more of Mingo and check out how poorly used he was.