+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Giants' FA Domenik Hixon Will Meet With Oakland Raiders

http://www.giants101.com/2013/03/28/...kland-raiders/

Excerpt: "Unrestricted free agent wide receiver Domenik Hixon met earlier this month with the Detroit Lions, but left without signing a contract. Some reports suggested he may have been waiting for other opportunities to open up, including a potential return to the New York Giants, but that has not yet happened. In the interest of keeping said options open, the veteran will now make his way to California to meet with the Oakland Raiders.

Hixon, 28, has been perhaps the most underrated player on the Giants during his tenure. And although he's received a lot of criticism for a variety of injuries, he's also been one of Eli Manning's most reliable and trusted targets over the last six years. He's filled a variety of roles, started when called upon and provided excellent value on special teams, specifically as a return man." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Hixon should be on our roster instead of Murphy.
    The guy was a great team player and assumed whatever position the Giants asked of him. Hopefully he will return.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie-Doo View Post
    The guy was a great team player and assumed whatever position the Giants asked of him. Hopefully he will return.
    I hope he does return, his versatility will be missed if not.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie-Doo View Post
    I think the writing is on the wall with Hixon. With the Murphy signing and Randle likely to become the #3, I don't think it's in their plans to bring him back. I could be wrong though.

He can continue the list of Giant castoffs that go to Oakland. Derek Hagan, Gibril Wilson, Kevin Boss, William Joseph, Dave Tollefson, Mike Wauffle, and Jay Alford -- just off the top of my head.

The Oakland Raiders truly are considered the Black Hole. That is where players go to disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    He can continue the list of Giant castoffs that go to Oakland. Derek Hagan, Gibril Wilson, Kevin Boss, William Joseph, Dave Tollefson, Mike Wauffle, and Jay Alford -- just off the top of my head.
    We will miss this one I think

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We will miss this one I think
    Very versatile and courageous young man. He gave us his all.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Well the raiders love our castoffs so he's as good as gone. Don't see how we could match their overpay.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Very versatile and courageous young man. He gave us his all.
    +1