+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    And this is the last we'll hear of him....he's going where good football playes go to die. Thanks for everything DH!!

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    He can continue the list of Giant castoffs that go to Oakland. Derek Hagan, Gibril Wilson, Kevin Boss, William Joseph, Dave Tollefson, Mike Wauffle, and Jay Alford -- just off the top of my head.
    Wauffle is a much better DL coach than the guy we currently employ. He was also with Oakland before us.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    And this is the last we'll hear of him....he's going where good football playes go to die. Thanks for everything DH!!

It's the Bermuda Triangle of football.

He was an excellent return man and a gutsy WR. A team player if ever there was one!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    Wauffle is a much better DL coach than the guy we currently employ. He was also with Oakland before us.
    Is it because you don't know his name without Googling it?

That would be the worst career decision he could possibly make. Oakland is the career wrecker of football. My favorite Oakland thing is when everyone in the league thought Niambi O, (however you spell that) , was the greatest corner in football so the Eagles snatched him up for their dream team. Then we realized that he only looked so good because the rest of the team was horrible, and nobody had to throw in his direction. The rest of the field was wide open all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    That would be the worst career decision he could possibly make. Oakland is the career wrecker of football. My favorite Oakland thing is when everyone in the league thought Niambi O, (however you spell that) , was the greatest corner in football so the Eagles snatched him up for their dream team. Then we realized that he only looked so good because the rest of the team was horrible, and nobody had to throw in his direction. The rest of the field was wide open all the time.
    No one threw to Nnamdi's side because he always shut down his receiver. Your logic implies that in Philly, he was the weak link, so he was getting all the targets. Theoretically, this could make sense, if you think DRC is a shut down corner.

The biggest reason for the failed Nnamdi experiment is because Castillo wanted to play him like Charles Woodson at first, but Nnamdi had nowhere near Woodson's level of versatility.

Year two, there was much less of that, but the zone scheme implemented by the Castillo/Bowles duo was a terrible fit for Nnamdi.

I'm not even gonna include the holes in your argument with how you start off saying that Oakland is a "career wrecker," and then follow that premise up with how it worked wonders for Asomugha's career.

Nnamdi was/is one of the best press-man corners of this generation.

Like Hixon he is a great team player and has battled back from injury. He would be wise to stay with the Gmen if he can and not go to the Raiders.
    But if he does go the Giants wont really miss his production. It will be filled by another WR......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I really like DH and will miss him.
    I hate the idea that he has to finish his career with the Raiders.
    They pay top dollar but that's where the benefits end.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Might as well give them Hixon from what we stole from them in TE and WR