+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the chances of Brandon Jacobs returning?

We've had this exact topic 6 times in the past month.........tiresome.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I'd say slim to none, but slim would be to great a margin.

Veteran
    While Jacobs may not be the guy we are not "set" at RB - it would be more surprising to me if they didn't bring in a vet. They are currently looking at hightower. It's wilsons job to rotate with AB but they will most likely bring in some experience as well for depth with Scott.

Of course, if Jacobs decides to retire I'd hope we sign him for a 1 day retirement contract.

Veteran
    I think his career is finished

ugh, r u guys kidding? id be all for BJ spelling Wilson and Brown. Just give him a few carries a game of pure bull doze and make that clear before signing him. I bet he felt disrepected enough to where he would be hungry, and he's had a yr off on his body...vet min, back up role, vocal leader, and prob still could be used effectively...u guys hating on it are being ridic

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    ugh, r u guys kidding? id be all for BJ spelling Wilson and Brown. Just give him a few carries a game of pure bull doze and make that clear before signing him. I bet he felt disrepected enough to where he would be hungry, and he's had a yr off on his body...vet min, back up role, vocal leader, and prob still could be used effectively...u guys hating on it are being ridic
    Seriously, when was the last time Jacobs bulldozed anybody? He was incredibly ineffective in short yardage his last year as a Giant, and he couldn't even get on the field in San Fran. Past performance is not guarantee of future success- in stocks, and in old athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahh View Post
    Why does everyone have trouble letting go of players?
    Cuz real fans love the players not just the logo on the helmet. I say bring him back too if he's willing to sign for vet min and be a situational player. Nobody can deny his blocking skills or his running ability when he runs downhill and actually has a hole to go through

I dunno, it might be tough to pull him away from all the other offers he is receiving from teams around the league.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    Seriously, when was the last time Jacobs bulldozed anybody?
    This right here. How short our memories are. My last memory of Jacobs playing for the Giants was more of him tip-toeing than bulldozing anyone. I think what we have on the roster is head and shoulders above anything that he could provide at this point.

+ Reply to Thread