+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: So much for Bradshaw coming back, Steelers are probably going to sign him

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    If the Steelers sign him for something like $1 million, I'm going to be pissed that the Giants didn't bring him back for the same amount. Even with busted feet, AB produces.
    Here's the problem. His feet are a train wreck and he's still walking around in a boot. We have two running backs who have gotten enough snaps to suggest Bradshaw would be the # 3, at best. How do you invest in what is clearly a gamble, from a physical perspective.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Here's the problem. His feet are a train wreck and he's still walking around in a boot. We have two running backs who have gotten enough snaps to suggest Bradshaw would be the # 3, at best. How do you invest in what is clearly a gamble, from a physical perspective.
    I agree. While Brown does have his injury issues...Scott is still waiting in the wings and Torain is hanging around too plus there is this guy named Wilson on the team. I think Bradshaw's best days are behind him and any perspective teams are going to utilize him in a specific role. He is not a 25 carry back with those feet and it would be hard to justify investing large sums of money in someone that will most likely be out during the season as history has shown.

I know the argument will be...but if his best days are behind him why did he still break 1000 yards? Because he got much of those yards in 3 just over 100 yard spurts and one 200 yard spurt. The rest of the games were anywhere from 16 yards to 78. Very sporadic.
    Last edited by Rat_bastich; 03-30-2013 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    I agree. While Brown does have his injury issues...Scott is still waiting in the wings and Torain is hanging around too plus there is this guy named Wilson on the team. I think Bradshaw's best days are behind him and any perspective teams are going to utilize him in a specific role. He is not a 25 carry back with those feet and it would be hard to justify investing large sums of money in someone that will most likely be out during the season as history has shown.
    None of the guys we have has Bradshaw's heart, but none of them have his feet either. I hope he thinks about retiring while he can still walk.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    None of the guys we have has Bradshaw's heart, but none of them have his feet either. I hope he thinks about retiring while he can still walk.
    Yep, heart can only make up for ability so much. But when your feet look like ham sandwiches it's time to lay it down. Also, has to be a bit disheartening not to pass a physical, though not unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    Yep, heart can only make up for ability so much. But when your feet look like ham sandwiches it's time to lay it down. Also, has to be a bit disheartening not to pass a physical, though not unexpected.
    The Steelers didn't close the door yet, so maybe he will pass the next physical.

It cracks me up that you guys are ragging on his feet. In his last game against the eagles he rushed for more yards and more yards per carry then golden boy flip, who coincidentally took himself out of that game because the weakling eagles D injured him.

I think the giants did him wrong, if his injuries were soo bad why not put torain in? They likely ran him so much on that last game just to hope he would fail his physical so they would have a reason to cut him.

But anyway the point is, he out rushed flip bad feet and all.

Banned
    It is only March, you have to be an idiot to think that Bradshaw will not be signed somewhere before the season starts

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    It cracks me up that you guys are ragging on his feet. In his last game against the eagles he rushed for more yards and more yards per carry then golden boy flip, who coincidentally took himself out of that game because the weakling eagles D injured him.

I think the giants did him wrong, if his injuries were soo bad why not put torain in? They likely ran him so much on that last game just to hope he would fail his physical so they would have a reason to cut him.

But anyway the point is, he out rushed flip bad feet and all.
    So, let me get this straight, you think the Giants organization CONSPIRED to make AB hurt HIMSELF in order to have a reason (they don't need) to cut him?

In the Osi thread, you said that you think Reese is a liar without any actual PROOF that he promised Osi anything.....other than Osi saying Reese said it.

Are you sure you're a Giants fan? You sound more like a conspiracy nut job.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    So, let me get this straight, you think the Giants organization CONSPIRED to make AB hurt HIMSELF in order to have a reason (they don't need) to cut him?

In the Osi thread, you said that you think Reese is a liar without any actual PROOF that he promised Osi anything.....other than Osi saying Reese said it.

Are you sure you're a Giants fan? You sound more like a conspiracy nut job.
    In the other thread, osi seems fairly convinced that the giants offered him top 5 pay or a trade. If that happened or not, I don't know I was not there. But IF it happened, its not "just business".

As for bradshaw, my point was more to everyone on this list that everyone's always ragging on his feet. Then turned down Nicks and put in Randle against the eagles, why not do the same with your starting running back. Flip started the game after all why not leave him in? Answer. The giants are cheap, we know this. Im not saying they ran him into the ground, but it ironic isn't it...? That a guy finishes the season with a solid game....a game you had him in for a majority of the time...then a few weeks later you give him a physical and he fails, then you cut him and save some $$$. Obviously he was well enough to out-rush flip a few weeks back...Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    In the other thread, osi seems fairly convinced that the giants offered him top 5 pay or a trade. If that happened or not, I don't know I was not there. But IF it happened, its not "just business".

As for bradshaw, my point was more to everyone on this list that everyone's always ragging on his feet. Then turned down Nicks and put in Randle against the eagles, why not do the same with your starting running back. Flip started the game after all why not leave him in? Answer. The giants are cheap, we know this. Im not saying they ran him into the ground, but it ironic isn't it...? That a guy finishes the season with a solid game....a game you had him in for a majority of the time...then a few weeks later you give him a physical and he fails, then you cut him and save some $$$. Obviously he was well enough to out-rush flip a few weeks back...Just saying...
    lol....is this a joke? "The Giants are cheap, we know this"??? Are you delusional? There is a spendiong cap that we are ALWAYS fighting to stay under. Cheap teams don't have cap problems or SB wins. That's just nuts.

Coughlin and the coaching staff decide who plays and what's best for team to win the game....Not Reese.....and they don't NEED him to fail his physical to cut him. They can cut him simply based on his cap hit.

Your conspiracy theory is a total failure.
    Last edited by FBomb; 03-30-2013 at 11:04 AM.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

+ Reply to Thread