+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: So much for Bradshaw coming back, Steelers are probably going to sign him

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    It cracks me up that you guys are ragging on his feet. In his last game against the eagles he rushed for more yards and more yards per carry then golden boy flip, who coincidentally took himself out of that game because the weakling eagles D injured him.

I think the giants did him wrong, if his injuries were soo bad why not put torain in? They likely ran him so much on that last game just to hope he would fail his physical so they would have a reason to cut him.

But anyway the point is, he out rushed flip bad feet and all.

No one is "ragging on" Bradshaw. The is no doubt his feet are a problem. If they weren't he would not have been released and the Steelers would have signed him. Simply stating facts is not "ragging." He was a great Giant and, unfortunately, those days are over.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    None of the guys we have has Bradshaw's heart, but none of them have his feet either. I hope he thinks about retiring while he can still walk.
    wilsons 100% heart i mean he almost cried after the fumble and not bc of an ego thing but bc he didnt want to let anyone including his team down

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    wilsons 100% heart i mean he almost cried after the fumble and not bc of an ego thing but bc he didnt want to let anyone including his team down
    Oh come on - he was clearly overtaken by his emotions. Can't fault the guy for having feelings but that's not the heart people are talking about when they refer to how Bradshaw ran.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    That's not the same thing.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    I agree. While Brown does have his injury issues...Scott is still waiting in the wings and Torain is hanging around too plus there is this guy named Wilson on the team. I think Bradshaw's best days are behind him and any perspective teams are going to utilize him in a specific role. He is not a 25 carry back with those feet and it would be hard to justify investing large sums of money in someone that will most likely be out during the season as history has shown.

I know the argument will be...but if his best days are behind him why did he still break 1000 yards? Because he got much of those yards in 3 just over 100 yard spurts and one 200 yard spurt. The rest of the games were anywhere from 16 yards to 78. Very sporadic.
    I strongly believe that AB will be on the field for an NFL team by the time this season starts. I'm not looking for AB to be our # 1 RB anymore, but he COULD be our # 1 if Wilson gets injured and Brown doesn't have a good 2nd year in a row. And I'm saying this would have to be at the right price. My point is that if another team winds up signing him for $1M or less per season when he eventually passes his physical, I will believe that it will have been a mistake for the Giants to not have done the same for a guy who's always injured, but always playing injured and playing well. Not looking for him to be our # 1, but believe that he could step into that role if necessary and if he could return at a low price. And all of this is hypothetical because we have no idea what AB will be signed for or if he can ever even play again.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    I strongly believe that AB will be on the field for an NFL team by the time this season starts. I'm not looking for AB to be our # 1 RB anymore, but he COULD be our # 1 if Wilson gets injured and Brown doesn't have a good 2nd year in a row. And I'm saying this would have to be at the right price. My point is that if another team winds up signing him for $1M or less per season when he eventually passes his physical, I will believe that it will have been a mistake for the Giants to not have done the same for a guy who's always injured, but always playing injured and playing well. Not looking for him to be our # 1, but believe that he could step into that role if necessary and if he could return at a low price. And all of this is hypothetical because we have no idea what AB will be signed for or if he can ever even play again.
    AB at the right price, 100%!!! yes, you can't depend on him to carry the bulk of the load, but Wilson/Brown/AB/Scott is a solid RB field. Torian = ??? I'm for drafting a RB late round.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    I imagine he will be with a team, I just imagine he will be a roleplayer in a rotation and not the first guy on the field. He'll be back to what he was when Jacobs was 'starting' here....a change of pace type guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    Bradshaw was never coming back.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Here's the problem. His feet are a train wreck and he's still walking around in a boot. We have two running backs who have gotten enough snaps to suggest Bradshaw would be the # 3, at best. How do you invest in what is clearly a gamble, from a physical perspective.
    Exactly. I loved AB, from the minute he showed his grit in the Buffalo game, '07. He is like Bavaro was when we didn't attempt to re-sign him. Unfortunately, It's time for us both to move on.
    AB's style is to run with every ounce of effort on every run. He punishes his feet pushing them with extreme effort every time he is being held up. It is not in him to just give up.
    If he gets well enough in another month, perhaps the Steelers take a flier on him. I doubt he'll practice, except to walk through plays. But, he learned our offense nicely and was always reliable on Blitz pickup... which tells me he can learn what he needs to in order to be dependable on Sunday. Ben will like his blocking and I see AB getting 6-8 carries and 3-4 receptions as an average.
    I wish him well. He will always be in my top ten all time Giant "Effort and heart" guys. Helped us to 2 SB's... No one can complain about what he gave the Giants

Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    Exactly. I loved AB, from the minute he showed his grit in the Buffalo game, '07. He is like Bavaro was when we didn't attempt to re-sign him. Unfortunately, It's time for us both to move on.
    AB's style is to run with every ounce of effort on every run. He punishes his feet pushing them with extreme effort every time he is being held up. It is not in him to just give up.
    If he gets well enough in another month, perhaps the Steelers take a flier on him. I doubt he'll practice, except to walk through plays. But, he learned our offense nicely and was always reliable on Blitz pickup... which tells me he can learn what he needs to in order to be dependable on Sunday. Ben will like his blocking and I see AB getting 6-8 carries and 3-4 receptions as an average.
    I wish him well. He will always be in my top ten all time Giant "Effort and heart" guys. Helped us to 2 SB's... No one can complain about what he gave the Giants
    +1 well stated Zim
    No one remembers who came in second.

+ Reply to Thread