+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: kevin mintner

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    ewww lol Rather Greene or Ogletree.
    neither can play the middle like minter.

minter was the mlb i wanted over ogeltree and teo bc of where we could get him and bc minter is better in the backpedal than teo...i think Minter could be a 3 down player i thought he moved well in his back pedal and space...would be fine with Minter or Brown in the 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    neither can play the middle like minter.
    In your opinion. thats it.

I don't understand why people don't think Minter can cover.. It seems some just like to use the the old cliche that if ur a 245lb 6ft mlb, u must not be able to defend the pass or something.. Hes not nearly as weak in coverege as some make him out to be on here, and i think there will be plenty of times u see him on the field on 3rd down.. Hes more of a 3down LB then given credit for, thats for sure...

I've watched enough of him to know he can't cover at all. His zone awareness is 0. Teo isn't the most mobile guy, but he understands how to play in coverage. Minter has no clue.

Any film of minter in coverage is watching a guy get turned completely around and totally lost.

Veteran
    2 down mlb in the 2nd round is terrible value.

I second that

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I've watched enough of him to know he can't cover at all. His zone awareness is 0. Teo isn't the most mobile guy, but he understands how to play in coverage. Minter has no clue. Any film of minter in coverage is watching a guy get turned completely around and totally lost.
    This is spot on IMO manti is so much better in coverage than minter who looks lost and is a complete liability when having to backpedal IMO. He is not fit to play in a Tampa 2 defense.

or Arthur Brown..

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I've watched enough of him to know he can't cover at all. His zone awareness is 0. Teo isn't the most mobile guy, but he understands how to play in coverage. Minter has no clue.

Any film of minter in coverage is watching a guy get turned completely around and totally lost.
    Then maybe u should watch more games.. I watched him almost make a pick a handful of times in coverge and get his mitts on a few more then that... I've seen him take Rb's outta the backfield as well plenty of times, and do just fine...