+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: kevin mintner

Obviously Te'o is better in coverege.. Who ther heck is questioning that???lol Thats commonsense..

C'moon guys Minter int he 3rd is just not reality.... I'm going to be pretty happy if we get him in the second. He is a pretty good player, might not be a three down LB but he is solid. I think it all depends if we get Ogletree in the firs and if any good pass rushers or T are there. The only players that I would put ahead of Minter in the second are Carradine, Banks, Thomas and Pugh. If any of those players are not there and Minter is TAKE HIMMM!!!!!
    Post Week 1 FA

1st Round: Mike Evans, WR Texas A&M
    2nd Round: Kyle Van Noy, LB BYU
    3rd Round: C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE Iowa
    4th Round: Jackson Jeffcoat DE, Texas
    5th Round: Aaron Colvin, CB Oklahoma
    6th Round: Zack Kerr, DT Delaware

Minter drops in coverege alot in this washington game and for the most part, does just fine.. At about 2min 57sec in, he backpedals perfectly and just about comes up with a pick.. He takes on Seferian Jenkins, Sankey outta backfield..etc I remember watching this game live...

Kevin Minter vs Washington 2012 - YouTube

► 4:38 www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEFudV0W8P4
    Sep 12, 2012 - 5 min - Uploaded by JPDraftJedi

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Obviously Te'o is better in coverege.. Who ther heck is questioning that???lol Thats commonsense..
    Which makes this an even bigger deal. Teo is not a good coverage backer, at all. For a lot of teams he is a two down only guy.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I've watched enough of him to know he can't cover at all. His zone awareness is 0. Teo isn't the most mobile guy, but he understands how to play in coverage. Minter has no clue.

Any film of minter in coverage is watching a guy get turned completely around and totally lost.
    Then u obviously didn't watch that washington game, because u coulden't be any more wrong if u tried...

Then u obviously didn't watch that washington game, because u coulden't be any more wrong if u tried...
    I'm glad you formed your opinion after one game, and what seems like one play

Which makes this an even bigger deal. Teo is not a good coverage backer, at all. For a lot of teams he is a two down only guy.
    Te'o's fine in coverege.. Its definetly one of his assets.. what do u think, Arthur Brown is the only guy in the world that can cover as a MLB and still be a asset against the run? There MLB's dude, and Brown might not even be a middle LB in the pros, there not exactly deion sanders at covering, but Te'o is fine considering his instincts and run stopping abilities as well, and same goes for Minter...

I'm glad you formed your opinion after one game, and what seems like one play
    One play? Hes in coverege a ton in that game, and does absoulutley fine in the back pedal, covering Seferian Jenkins one on one, Sankey outta the backfield, dropping into a zone..etc Do u even know what ur talking about?

Minter drops in coverege alot in this washington game and for the most part, does just fine.. At about 2min 57sec in, he backpedals perfectly and just about comes up with a pick.. He takes on Seferian Jenkins, Sankey outta backfield..etc I remember watching this game live...

Kevin Minter vs Washington 2012 - YouTube

► 4:38 www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEFudV0W8P4
    Sep 12, 2012 - 5 min - Uploaded by JPDraftJedi
    i thought the criticism of his backpedal was unfounded before the combine. i think he could be a 3 down mlb and i prefer him over teo and ogeltree tbh bc of value

One play? Hes in coverege a ton in that game, and does absoulutley fine in the back pedal, covering Seferian Jenkins one on one, Sankey outta the backfield, dropping into a zone..etc Do u even know what ur talking about?
    Ohh, so three times he does well, I stand corrected