+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Players Currently on the Bubble

2012 Players Currently on the Bubble

Let's talk about the players that we've carried over from last season. There are a few that are obviously considered long shots, but who do you think will be on the outside of the 53 this year.

When I look at past performance and the current roster I see a few guys that have a slim chance of wearing Blue again this season:

Jim Cordle
    Tyler Sash
    Marvin Austin
    Ryan Torain

Still too early to say. The defensive tackle and offensive line pool isn't all that deep, and injuries are bound to happen.

I get your point, but do you keep a player that's not worth keeping just for kicks, or replace him through the draft and FA.

we would have to hit the FA pool, with whatever is out there to cement holes and needs.
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs

Marvin Austin will be on the 53 man roster. The Giants give their draft picks plenty of time to develop; Moss, Barden, Beatty, and Sintim.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
    Marvin Austin will be on the 53 man roster. The Giants give their draft picks plenty of time to develop; Moss, Barden, Beatty, and Sintim.
    What about Phillip Dillard, Greg Jones, Mitch Petrus, Matt Dodge, Rhett Bomar, DeAndre Wright, Stoney Woodson, Bryan Kehl, Andre Woodson, Robert Henderson, Jay Alford, Adam Koets, Michael Johnson. (2007-2011 Draft Class)

I'm not implying anything, just giving the other side of the spectrum.
    Last edited by Rush4Blitz2; 03-28-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post
    What about Phillip Dillard, Greg Jones, Mitch Petrus, Matt Dodge, Rhett Bomar, DeAndre Wright, Stoney Woodson, Bryan Kehl, Andre Woodson, Robert Henderson.

There are a bunch of bad players in there but you can't incluide Matt Dodge. If you have a LB or DB or OL who is a project you can bury him among 5 or 6 others. A punter has no such luxury. Dodge was horrible and there was no place to hide or park him.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    There are a bunch of bad players in there but you can't incluide Matt Dodge. If you have a LB or DB or OL who is a project you can bury him among 5 or 6 others. A punter has no such luxury. Dodge was horrible and there was no place to hide or park him.
    It's easy to say that but a punter has to earn his spot just like everyone else. If he didn't show promise there would've been another guy brought in to compete. A team doesn't say, "Ok, we have a punter signed, good. Lets go with him no matter how good or bad he plays"
    Last edited by Rush4Blitz2; 03-28-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post
    What about Phillip Dillard, Greg Jones, Mitch Petrus, Matt Dodge, Rhett Bomar, DeAndre Wright, Stoney Woodson, Bryan Kehl, Andre Woodson, Robert Henderson, Jay Alford, Adam Koets, Michael Johnson. (2007-2011 Draft Class)

Valid point, but none of those guys were drafted in the first three rounds.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
    Valid point, but none of those guys were drafted in the first three rounds.
    \

Alford was a 3rd round pick in '07.

+ Reply to Thread