+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Invest in OL to ensure Eli has a 20 yr career?

Invest in OL to ensure Eli has a 20 yr career?

LOL, I know that sounds crazy. But hear me out.

Most QBs do not have the luxury of going, what, 9 seasons going on 10, without missing a game. It just dont happen.

The few times it has, its produced a guy like Favre.

Theoretically, Eli would own every passing stat including ints, if he were to play another 10 years out of sheer numbers/volume...kinda like Favre.

Now, I know every franchise wants a franchise QB, but they also want that franchise HoF all time great QB too. It raises the value of the franchise and makes it more storied. Ex. Babe Ruth and the Yanks, Michael Jordan and the Bulls, Favre and the Packers (even tho that Jets/Vikings spiel)...do you think that at some point, the FO has wondered about this topic?

If we could invest in an OL that ENSURES Eli gets touched minimally, he should be able to play for as long as possible...I don't see a reason he couldn't rival Favres streak in terms of physical ability. I know its crazy to think anyone hits favres mark and im not saying i think eli does im just saying i think his body could hold up were it needed to...

So, wouldnt it make sense then to invest in OL before anything else. Like, I'd make sure I'd give him a legit impenetrable wall...

crazy homer topic i know, its offseason...sue me.

Thanks for the jinx, jerk. lol.

Why not?

Good grief....
    Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray Handjob. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

They need to invest in OL so he can make through just this year, going in with the same line as last season scares the **** out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    LOL, I know that sounds crazy. But hear me out.

Most QBs do not have the luxury of going, what, 9 seasons going on 10, without missing a game. It just dont happen.

The few times it has, its produced a guy like Favre.

Theoretically, Eli would own every passing stat including ints, if he were to play another 10 years out of sheer numbers/volume...kinda like Favre.

Now, I know every franchise wants a franchise QB, but they also want that franchise HoF all time great QB too. It raises the value of the franchise and makes it more storied. Ex. Babe Ruth and the Yanks, Michael Jordan and the Bulls, Favre and the Packers (even tho that Jets/Vikings spiel)...do you think that at some point, the FO has wondered about this topic?

If we could invest in an OL that ENSURES Eli gets touched minimally, he should be able to play for as long as possible...I don't see a reason he couldn't rival Favres streak in terms of physical ability. I know its crazy to think anyone hits favres mark and im not saying i think eli does im just saying i think his body could hold up were it needed to...

So, wouldnt it make sense then to invest in OL before anything else. Like, I'd make sure I'd give him a legit impenetrable wall...

crazy homer topic i know, its offseason...sue me.

I completely agree with your assessment............

that this post is crazy.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

I would say 12 to 13 years of a Giant QB throwing like a girl is good enough for me. (j/k)
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

I agree... Go OL in the first 7 rounds!!!

Veteran
    eli is pretty nonchalant towards mostly anything negative. whether it be media, pressure, or pain. he just scoffs at all of it and goes about his business.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzlesticks View Post
    They need to invest in OL so he can make through just this year, going in with the same line as last season scares the **** out of me.
    Still dont understand what OLine all these posters saw last year, but the pass protection was not the problem at all. This line isnt even close to as bad as posters here seem to think. Ill take 20 sacks every year, and Im sure Eli would agree.

The real prob is next offseason, when Diehl Boothe and Snee are gone, then we will have a serious problem (if not prepared for).

+ Reply to Thread