+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Invest in OL to ensure Eli has a 20 yr career?

Quote Originally Posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    Still dont understand what OLine all these posters saw last year, but the pass protection was not the problem at all. This line isnt even close to as bad as posters here seem to think. Ill take 20 sacks every year, and Im sure Eli would agree.

The real prob is next offseason, when Diehl Boothe and Snee are gone, then we will have a serious problem (if not prepared for).
    Sacks are not entirely a good indication of how well the line is pass protecting. They gave up a ton of pressure. The lack of sacks is mostly on Eli, not the OL. We were rated as the 22nd or so pass blocking OL in the league. If that's your idea of good, then we have vastly different concepts of what good are.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Sacks are not entirely a good indication of how well the line is pass protecting. They gave up a ton of pressure. The lack of sacks is mostly on Eli, not the OL. We were rated as the 22nd or so pass blocking OL in the league. If that's your idea of good, then we have vastly different concepts of what good are.
    I don't know that Eli played any better than anyone else on the team last year. But I fully expect him to know how to handle the pressure at this stage of his career.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I don't know that Eli played any better than anyone else on the team last year. But I fully expect him to know how to handle the pressure at this stage of his career.
    chuck it quick then duck....
    thats what I'd do anyway ..

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    I never said that he had. However, he does cover up a lot of the deficiencies of our OL by unloading the ball quickly and adjusting protections (including making sure the backs and TEs stay in to block).

20 years? That's it? OUR LINE NEEDS TO BE SO GOOD, ELI SHOULD BE PLAYING WELL INTO HIS 50's.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    LOL, I know that sounds crazy. But hear me out.

Most QBs do not have the luxury of going, what, 9 seasons going on 10, without missing a game. It just dont happen.

The few times it has, its produced a guy like Favre.

Theoretically, Eli would own every passing stat including ints, if he were to play another 10 years out of sheer numbers/volume...kinda like Favre.

Now, I know every franchise wants a franchise QB, but they also want that franchise HoF all time great QB too. It raises the value of the franchise and makes it more storied. Ex. Babe Ruth and the Yanks, Michael Jordan and the Bulls, Favre and the Packers (even tho that Jets/Vikings spiel)...do you think that at some point, the FO has wondered about this topic?

If we could invest in an OL that ENSURES Eli gets touched minimally, he should be able to play for as long as possible...I don't see a reason he couldn't rival Favres streak in terms of physical ability. I know its crazy to think anyone hits favres mark and im not saying i think eli does im just saying i think his body could hold up were it needed to...

So, wouldnt it make sense then to invest in OL before anything else. Like, I'd make sure I'd give him a legit impenetrable wall...

crazy homer topic i know, its offseason...sue me.
    You are TRYING to give Morehead an aneurysm, aren't you?
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    You are TRYING to give Morehead an aneurysm, aren't you?
    I'm afraid it's too late. The Diehl threads caused it.

Now Eli is like Favre. Okay.

Veteran
    i dont think favre or john madden would like it if eli started closing in favre's streak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smo1tnW60Z4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX0nuEuuKIk

Quote Originally Posted by L.T.56 View Post
    eli is pretty nonchalant towards mostly anything negative. whether it be media, pressure, or pain. he just scoffs at all of it and goes about his business.
    this is true and it makes me wonder sometimes, if he had some sort of issue/injury he prob wouldnt let on AT ALL...so i thought about that before good point

+ Reply to Thread