+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Invest in OL to ensure Eli has a 20 yr career?

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    ive been rarely posting and when i do its nothing but good convo for months. im even getting along w/o warring with rosie. what r u talking about at all? ur post serves no purpose, and it wouldnt surprise me if the mods ordered u not to respond to me sadly.

what they should do is get u to stop instigating with LITERALLY dozens of posters every other day. and u can use the ignore feature. peace...
    I have also decided not to respond to any poster who used text lingo instead of the actual english language.
    There are no such words as r, u or w/o. It shows respect for your fellow posters to actually make a little effort to be understood.

Sorry again...but I must honor my standards.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by keyofgmen View Post
    OL is the "Barley of Brew". Without good barley (2 row preferred), the brew is weak! The skill positions are the "Hops" of a good brew. Of course you must ALWAYS invest in the OL. I have said before, if I were making the decisions, I would have a rule that 1 of top 3 picks each year would go to BPA of OL on the board every year.
    nice analogy, now i gotta go buy a 6er

Banned
    If we transfers the tears on draft day when an olineman isn't picked in the first the Sahara desert would be an ocean. It's not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I have also decided not to respond to any poster who used text lingo instead of the actual english language.
    There are no such words as r, u or w/o. It shows respect for your fellow posters to actually make a little effort to be understood.

Sorry again...but I must honor my standards.
    I really wish you two would just kiss already. The sexual tension in here is stifling!!
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    I really wish you two would just kiss already. The sexual tension in here is stifling!!
    He doesn't know what he's missing.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I saw an offensive line that didn't give their QB enough time. He was forced to throw on short time that limited his options. I also saw an OL that couldn't move a DL in short yardage situations if their lives depended on it. We don't have a single player there who I believe can be a fixture for the next 5 years.
    I agree the run blocking, especially in short yardage, wasnt there. Beatty is the only one I see staying over the next few years, Diehl and Snee are retiring, Baas can and should be upgraded. Im simply stating that the posters exaggerate how bad this line is/was. Ok so in QB pressure we were ranked 18th, posters here act like we are ranked last. Wish the fans would give these guys some respect, an Oline coming out and just dominating every Sunday, just doesnt happen. Especially against a defensive front like San Fran, whom another poster mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    I agree the run blocking, especially in short yardage, wasnt there. Beatty is the only one I see staying over the next few years, Diehl and Snee are retiring, Baas can and should be upgraded. Im simply stating that the posters exaggerate how bad this line is/was. Ok so in QB pressure we were ranked 18th, posters here act like we are ranked last. Wish the fans would give these guys some respect, an Oline coming out and just dominating every Sunday, just doesnt happen. Especially against a defensive front like San Fran, whom another poster mentioned.
    We were 18th in the number of pressures given up, our overall pass blocking ranking was lower, though. (For example, an OLman could get beaten, but have the FB/RB clean up the defender before it counted as a pressure, thus saving a "pressure" from being counted, yet still counting as a "loss" in the OL grading).

I don't give a **** how good SF's front 7 is, the beating the OL allowed them to give Eli was inexcusable. Sure, it's the most glaring example of how poor they've played, but it isn't completely an outlier, either.

However, no matter how you slice it or dice it, the OL can use a major upgrade and is nowhere near a top-10 line, or even an adequate line.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    The fact that we had the most success in the year our line performed the worst says to me that a "GREAT" line is not needed to win.
    LOL seriously WTF

Giants have spent money on the Oline and some of the moves havent worked out that well. Now u just cant keep spending into oblivion to fix it there is a cap.U have to balance the money and here is your choice. Do u spend money on Mike Iupati or do u spend it on Victor Cruz. Now lets factor in a league where u cant hit QB's,cant hit WR's and RB's cant lower their helmets. Its a balancing act and the FO has proved to be up to the task.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 03-31-2013 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Giants have spent money on the Oline and some of the moves havent worked out that well. Now u just cant keep spending into oblivion to fix it
    The one thing I didn't like was Baas' restructure this year. To me it just seemed like throwing good money after bad.

+ Reply to Thread