+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 171

Thread: Invest in OL to ensure Eli has a 20 yr career?

  1. #101
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,940
    Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    LOL at anyone who thinks Eli doesn't hang in the pocket at the very last second to make big throws. They need to look at that pass against Washington where he got drilled right when he released it.
    Citing one play is kind of silly....don't you think?
    Point is that he doesn't have that particular tendency. Not a huge knock, just the way it is.
    His biggest problems over the years have come when he throws the ball too early. Saw it less in 2011, but seemed to creep back into his game in 2012.
    Peyton has some of that in him too.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Citing one play is kind of silly....don't you think?
    Point is that he doesn't have that particular tendency. Not a huge knock, just the way it is.
    His biggest problems over the years have come when he throws the ball too early. Saw it less in 2011, but seemed to creep back into his game in 2012.
    Peyton has some of that in him too.
    No you're wrong. He gets hammered right as he releases almost every game. I gave one example. He did it in SF during the playoffs to Bradshaw down the sidelines, the helmet catch etc.

    He clearly has that "particular tendency" unlike his brother and Brady who fold like lawn chairs with a bit of pressure.

  3. #103
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,940
    Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    No you're wrong. He gets hammered right as he releases almost every game. I gave one example. He did it in SF during the playoffs to Bradshaw down the sidelines, the helmet catch etc.

    He clearly has that "particular tendency" unlike his brother and Brady who fold like lawn chairs with a bit of pressure.
    I can't believe I actually responded to one of your posts. I won't make this mistake again.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  4. #104
    Veteran KillaRich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    ELizabeth, NJ
    Posts
    1,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I can't believe I actually responded to one of your posts. I won't make this mistake again.
    I haven't read the whole thread ... And from what I read on these boards you're a knowledgeable poster...... But you kind if made yourself silly by calling him silly for saying Eli doesn't wait and take the hit.... That's one I the things I love about Eli ..... He waits as long as possible to make a play..... Sometimes it ends up as a very bad decision other times as "holy crap nice" play..... Eli takes the hits and it does worry me at times

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I can't believe I actually responded to one of your posts. I won't make this mistake again.
    Don't be mad, be glad we have a qb that makes Simms look like he's made out of glass.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaRich View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread ... And from what I read on these boards you're a knowledgeable poster...... But you kind if made yourself silly by calling him silly for saying Eli doesn't wait and take the hit.... That's one I the things I love about Eli ..... He waits as long as possible to make a play..... Sometimes it ends up as a very bad decision other times as "holy crap nice" play..... Eli takes the hits and it does worry me at times
    not to mention, isnt it kinda (edit: choose ur own adjective I dont wanna name call) to continually tell people how he won't be responding to them? i cant think of a reason to actually tell a person "i wont respond to u" instead of simply just not responding to them. I guess he thinks its a devastating blow as opposed to good news that he wont bother a person lol...


    and good post btw. elis courage and willingness to take a hit so a play can be made is understood by anyone with an IQ over an eggplant

  7. #107
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,940
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaRich View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread ... And from what I read on these boards you're a knowledgeable poster...... But you kind if made yourself silly by calling him silly for saying Eli doesn't wait and take the hit.... That's one I the things I love about Eli ..... He waits as long as possible to make a play..... Sometimes it ends up as a very bad decision other times as "holy crap nice" play..... Eli takes the hits and it does worry me at times
    Eli doesn't take a lot of big hits. . He's not a guy who stands tall in the pocket. I just see a different player than you do.
    Kids got many fine qualities but that's just not one of them. There is a little chuck and duck in both Mannings. I'm sure it contributes to their longevity which is fine with me. Maybe in the end it helps the team.
    I'm not saying that he never waits for a guy to get open amid a pass rush, but I am saying its not his tendency.
    Given our mediocre O line, Eli would have taken a lot more sacks if he does what you describe.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  8. #108
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,940
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    not to mention, isnt it kinda (edit: choose ur own adjective I dont wanna name call) to continually tell people how he won't be responding to them? i cant think of a reason to actually tell a person "i wont respond to u" instead of simply just not responding to them. I guess he thinks its a devastating blow as opposed to good news that he wont bother a person lol...


    and good post btw. elis courage and willingness to take a hit so a play can be made is understood by anyone with an IQ over an eggplant
    I'm happy to respond to you but I'm not getting caught up in those petty name calling arguments.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  9. #109
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm talking about text speak and not abbreviations.
    w/o is a standard abbreviation for without. Granted, it's not used is scholarly works, but it isn't considered text-speak by any stretch of the imagination. Just be glad I'm not proficient in 1337 anymore, lol. That would be sure to blow your gasket, lol.

  10. #110
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Citing one play is kind of silly....don't you think?
    Point is that he doesn't have that particular tendency. Not a huge knock, just the way it is.
    His biggest problems over the years have come when he throws the ball too early. Saw it less in 2011, but seemed to creep back into his game in 2012.
    Peyton has some of that in him too.
    His receivers just weren't getting open in time in 2012, combine that with a lackluster line, and you have a QB that's throwing the ball "too early."

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts