+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Invest in OL to ensure Eli has a 20 yr career?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    LOL seriously WTF
    If you are agreeing, then I also agree. Do people forget that in 2011 we had the worst line ever and reese STILL didn't pick an offensive lineman until the 4th round?

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    If you are agreeing, then I also agree. Do people forget that in 2011 we had the worst line ever and reese STILL didn't pick an offensive lineman until the 4th round?
    He's seemingly neglected the line the entire time he's been in charge. Not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    He's seemingly neglected the line the entire time he's been in charge. Not sure why.
    He has? Hes spending some $20 mil this season on the OL alone.

Dont confuse not spending early draft picks with not spending resources there.

Quote Originally Posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    I agree the run blocking, especially in short yardage, wasnt there. Beatty is the only one I see staying over the next few years, Diehl and Snee are retiring, Baas can and should be upgraded. Im simply stating that the posters exaggerate how bad this line is/was. Ok so in QB pressure we were ranked 18th, posters here act like we are ranked last. Wish the fans would give these guys some respect, an Oline coming out and just dominating every Sunday, just doesnt happen. Especially against a defensive front like San Fran, whom another poster mentioned.
    We can't ignore a performance against a team like SF on the road. I agree that we were not that bad but if we can't deliver consistency, we need multiple upgrades especially considering the age of our OL. Yes, Beatty may be the only one here among the current 5 in three years.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I have also decided not to respond to any poster who used text lingo instead of the actual english language.
    There are no such words as r, u or w/o. It shows respect for your fellow posters to actually make a little effort to be understood.

Sorry again...but I must honor my standards.
    I understand with, and empathize with, the sentiment but you realize it's a part of the language and only a matter of degrees?

See, I've already done it. "It's" is a contraction of "it is" but that's OK to use. See, I've done it again, "OK", which is an acronym. I'm sure I can find other examples that are even acceptable in scholarly works, e.g. "i.e.". Whoops, done it again. Both are abbreviations of latin phrases "exempli gratia" and "id est" and used thoroughly at the highest levels of the language.

I'm mostly busting balls but there is precedent for such shortcuts in the English language.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    I understand with, and empathize with, the sentiment but you realize it's a part of the language and only a matter of degrees?

See, I've already done it. "It's" is a contraction of "it is" but that's OK to use. See, I've done it again, "OK", which is an acronym. I'm sure I can find other examples that are even acceptable in scholarly works, e.g. "i.e.". Whoops, done it again. Both are abbreviations of latin phrases "exempli gratia" and "id est" and used thoroughly at the highest levels of the language.

I'm mostly busting balls but there is precedent for such shortcuts in the English language.
    I'm talking about text speak and not abbreviations.
    Get well soon 80.

I despise text speak, it's such a pain to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    I despise text speak, it's such a pain to read.
    I get it when you're texting. But to use it on the MB seems ridiculous.

I admit...I am old. But there are actually very few here who are guilty of using it.
    Get well soon 80.

If Eli gets drugged up like Favre i'm sure he can play well into his 40s as well.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    that GW TD to Cruz against tampa bay, watch eli the entirety of the play. elis getting popped on a ton of plays people dont notice bc their attention follows the ball. i cant tell u how many td passes eli throws or in general where he just gets creamed bc he hung in the pocket...guys prob the toughest qb and altho he gets rid of it as quickly as possible, that "as possible" is tied to his understanding of how long is needed for the play to develop
    LOL at anyone who thinks Eli doesn't hang in the pocket at the very last second to make big throws. They need to look at that pass against Washington where he got drilled right when he released it.

+ Reply to Thread